A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

Just now, gister said:

In the GW-St. Joes over time game, GW had one foul in the second half and overtime.  How can that be?

Didn’t play any D. Greer lit them up for 31, mostly on layups.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@CenHudDude -- Mennenga does not have a quick release nor is he a dribble drive guy.  I'd make sure Okoro stayed with him and got  a hand in his face.  You can't let him alone with time to set his feet.  Skogman is a sneaky rebounder so you have to box out there.  I'd put the pressure on Watson and Huffman beat us.

Cannibalism is in full swing in the A10.  Dayton  is just being exposed as a fraud.  Their outside shooting remains suspect.  They made seven threes, four by Elvis.  They are weak on the FT line.  Holmes can dunk and Camara comes and goes.  The goo dnews is that Elvis and Smith are back and getting better.  Smith has braces on both ankles and Elvis has one on his knee.

St. Joe's just choked one at the buzzer losing by 1 in OT to Geedubya.  The Joe's had the ball under their own basket, and couldn't get a shot.  Both Reynolds and Brown had fouled out.  Surprisingly, 31 from Lynn Greer II.  Sixth six poins from GW's *** three of Adams, Bishop and Edwards.

Richmond, up five at half, was blown out in the second half by Umass to the tune of 53 to 39.  Still no Noah Fernandes.  

Duquesne held Loyola to 18 total points in the second half.  

VCU blew out Mason in Richmond by 20 using a balanced effort where five guys scored at least 9 and two more added 7.  Oduro got little help.

Fordham handled the Bonnie sin Olean.  Down 2 at half, they ran away in the second 51 to 38 to win going away.  The Bonnies really have no talent outside Darryl Banks.  Outside of banks, they shot 11 for 35 and some of the shots were just plain terrible.  Dribbling tight, fading right, throwing over the left shoulder at the hoop.  Just bad, bad basketball.

1 hour ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

How does that even work? Who ordered Uber Eats? You definitely couldn't get away with this at Chaifetz lol.

You mean I can’t leave a ticket for the Uber Eats guy and have my yummies delivered to my seat in the upper bowl? Man, what a crap policy.

5 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-the ribbon board has "rebelious attitude" so the guy was just taking the hint

-hope doesn't become a thing of people being on the court who shouldn't

Unfortunately, the A10 refs pretty much HAVE to be there.

18 hours ago, Taj79 said:

@CenHudDude -- Mennenga does not have a quick release nor is he a dribble drive guy.  I'd make sure Okoro stayed with him and got  a hand in his face.  You can't let him alone with time to set his feet.  Skogman is a sneaky rebounder so you have to box out there.  I'd put the pressure on Watson and Huffman beat us.

Cannibalism is in full swing in the A10.  Dayton  is just being exposed as a fraud.  Their outside shooting remains suspect.  They made seven threes, four by Elvis.  They are weak on the FT line.  Holmes can dunk and Camara comes and goes.  The goo dnews is that Elvis and Smith are back and getting better.  Smith has braces on both ankles and Elvis has one on his knee.

St. Joe's just choked one at the buzzer losing by 1 in OT to Geedubya.  The Joe's had the ball under their own basket, and couldn't get a shot.  Both Reynolds and Brown had fouled out.  Surprisingly, 31 from Lynn Greer II.  Sixth six poins from GW's *** three of Adams, Bishop and Edwards.

Richmond, up five at half, was blown out in the second half by Umass to the tune of 53 to 39.  Still no Noah Fernandes.  

Duquesne held Loyola to 18 total points in the second half.  

VCU blew out Mason in Richmond by 20 using a balanced effort where five guys scored at least 9 and two more added 7.  Oduro got little help.

Fordham handled the Bonnie sin Olean.  Down 2 at half, they ran away in the second 51 to 38 to win going away.  The Bonnies really have no talent outside Darryl Banks.  Outside of banks, they shot 11 for 35 and some of the shots were just plain terrible.  Dribbling tight, fading right, throwing over the left shoulder at the hoop.  Just bad, bad basketball.

I watched the Dayton 2H last night.  Rhode Island would have beaten Houston with the way they shot the ball in the 2H.  I think they were down 11 in the first half and then had a stretch in the 2H where they could not miss building their lead to 13.  As a Bills fan I look extreme glee in watching the Dayton players moan/cry/try to pick fights down the stretch en route to a sub 200 loss.  

Honestly though, if an A-10 team shoots like that against us...we are going to take the same tough L.  

Just now, Billiken Rich said:

Wasn't that Umass?

Eh, we played like trash that night.  Last night, Dayton hit some big shots and I thought they were going to come back.  In fact, if you put another 2 mins on the clock, I am positive Dayton would have won the game.  Rhode Island hit 3-4 contested/bad shots over the last 5 mins that were just daggers.  One was a runner off one foot from 20 feet.  

Umass didn't really perform heroics to beat us.  We just stunk and didnt guard that game.

2 minutes ago, basebill123 said:

Fun fact… If Fordham, Duquesne, Richmond, and St. Bona lose today, only 4 A10 teams will have a winning conference record.

imo for the A-10 to get multiple tourney bids, the conference probably needs for only 2-3 teams to completely stand out and nearly run the table in conference play.   imo the billikens have that level of talent to do this.   it's a shame imo that they only display that level of play when they want to.  oh what could have been.   instead we sit on pins and needles for the next month+

55 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

imo for the A-10 to get multiple tourney bids, the conference probably needs for only 2-3 teams to completely stand out and nearly run the table in conference play.   imo the billikens have that level of talent to do this.   it's a shame imo that they only display that level of play when they want to.  oh what could have been.   instead we sit on pins and needles for the next month+

Honestly I think SLU and VCU can achieve just what you stated above. Let everyone else maul each other in the conference and we're golden.

billiken_roy likes this