Jump to content

Welcome back Will Bailey


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

We have the most unique mascot in all of college sports but constantly plaster the lamest most uninspired tag line in the history of sports.

Same energy....

Image of - ""Go, team.'' How original. -Just get in the game, Charlie.

I get what you're saying, but Team Blue works pretty well IMO - not because it's terribly original, but because it's constantly and consistently reinforced.  It's a brand now.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I get what you're saying, but Team Blue works pretty well IMO - not because it's terribly original, but because it's constantly and consistently reinforced.  It's a brand now.

Fair point. I actively hate it, but if it helps bond the team and bring us a deep NCAA run. I'll shut the fuok up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really like this hire, bringing Will back ... looks good that he wanted to return.  Recruiting wise he has ties in several areas.. I just keep seeing Rob Loe yelling Let's Go !  ( think that could have been in the UMass game to win the conference or maybe N.C. State)

slubillikens43 likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Team Blue is just so damn generic. Are fans supposed to refer to the squad as Team Blue?

I don’t think it’s for fans as much as it’s for teammates.

Students, student athletes, alumni, faculty, are all Billikens.

The basketball team is Team Blue. A smaller subset within the Billiken community.

I think it’s to promote a family environment amongst the players. 

I think it’s kind of boring but whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, dlarry said:

I don’t think it’s for fans as much as it’s for teammates.

Students, student athletes, alumni, faculty, are all Billikens.

The basketball team is Team Blue. A smaller subset within the Billiken community.

I think it’s to promote a family environment amongst the players. 

I think it’s kind of boring but whatever.

This. There's no need to use it as a marketing brand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2022 at 11:15 AM, billikenfan05 said:

Welcome back Will, but man I'm tired of TEAM BLUE in big bold letters and an impossibly tiny Billiken logo

 

Agreed. There are plenty of blue teams but only ONE Billiken team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

Agreed. There are plenty of blue teams but only ONE Billiken team.

Big Blue works for Kentucky. I am not sure why we are questioning the logic of the best recruiter in school history. But sure, you guys probably know what you are talking about. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Big Blue works for Kentucky. I am not sure why we are questioning the logic of the best recruiter in school history. But sure, you guys probably know what you are talking about. :)

Maybe you answered your own question by needing to refer to him as the best recruiter instead of something more meaningful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2022 at 11:15 AM, billikenfan05 said:

Welcome back Will, but man I'm tired of TEAM BLUE in big bold letters and an impossibly tiny Billiken logo

 

05, maybe I can help you on your quest to get rid of this whole thing- I'd  just like to point out that as a lifelong Democrat,  I love the moniker Team Blue!

billikenbill likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

So, it wasn't for a better title, just more money?

Just more money.  His base salary paid by SLU had to be under $150,000 because it is not listed on the 990.  His base salary paid by South Carolina was $241,000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...