GDT: Arch Baron Cup Leg 2

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewatched the broadcast. Main takeaway besides we played well and Dayton collapsed after jordair turned Anthony Grant into a track star.

The broadcast was with announcers not on site. NBC sports, USA, or our bally sports team much better production than espn. Why were they not here for this game. Someone should get on them for that.

jordair,  "i'm here.   I'm here.   Just a fan."

yeah Grant that is so so bad.  too bad this proves you are not only a liar grant, but you and your boys totally overreacted.   

Jordair's honor remains. 

dayton proves they are aZZes.  

12 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

jordair,  "i'm here.   I'm here.   Just a fan."

yeah Grant that is so so bad.  too bad this proves you are not only a liar grant, but you and your boys totally overreacted.   

Jordair's honor remains. 

dayton proves they are aZZes.  

Dayton can go to hell and stay there. 
Dayton got a taste of hell yesterday when the Billikens built that 17 point 2nd Half lead, then Nesbitt slam dunked to finish them off.

Grant and his players’ antics were unacceptable. He failed to change the story of this key game and big Loss for his team. 

The vast “Jesuit conspiracy” against Dayton is alive and well. 

Westy03 likes this

17 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Dayton can go to hell and stay there. 
Dayton got a taste of hell yesterday when the Billikens built that 17 point 2nd Half lead, then Nesbitt slam dunked to finish them off.

Grant and his players’ antics were unacceptable. He failed to change the story of this key game and big Loss for his team. 

The vast “Jesuit conspiracy” against Dayton is alive and well. 

Such a silly looking sequence.  Grant staring down Jordair like he was about to do something.  Just a couple 18 year olds who got their feelings hurt.

The worst was the announcer putting Grant on a pedestal claiming he’s “filing this away”.  MF should’ve got a technical 

14 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

35 and 13 changed everything, IMO.  If Yuri can do that, he can average 15 ppg the rest of the season.  I don't think anybody saw that coming, including him.  That was very good perimeter defense that he scored on today.

I never saw it coming however in a high school playoff game the wife and I attended at Jefferson college he scored 30 and had a lot of assists.

I was down on Yuri because of the turnovers and putting up 13 shots with a low FG percentage.  His free throw shooting was not as good as his high school percentages.

Everything changed the game SLU lost when Yuri took responsibility for it and said he had to get better.

I was wrong for losing confidence in Yuri.  I should have given this team time to grow and get an identity without Perkins.  With the exception of the COVID season coach Ford has his team playing it’s best in February.

26 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I never saw it coming however in a high school playoff game the wife and I attended at Jefferson college he scored 30 and had a lot of assists.

I was down on Yuri because of the turnovers and putting up 13 shots with a low FG percentage.  His free throw shooting was not as good as his high school percentages.

Everything changed the game SLU lost when Yuri took responsibility for it and said he had to get better.

I was wrong for losing confidence in Yuri.  I should have given this team time to grow and get an identity without Perkins.  With the exception of the COVID season coach Ford has his team playing it’s best in February.

Yuri and Fred were both "layup kings" in high school with Fred being the better perimeter shooter.  I wasn't surprised at all by Yuri averaging 5 points a game his first two seasons.

A 5'11 player needs more than a layup package and a below average jumper to score at this level.  Not only is Yuri's 3 pt shot much better this year, his pull up game has been a revelation.  It's almost like watching Marque Perry out there.

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yuri and Fred were both "layup kings" in high school with Fred being the better perimeter shooter.  I wasn't surprised at all by Yuri averaging 5 points a game his first two seasons.

A 5'11 player needs more than a layup package and a below average jumper to score at this level.  Not only is Yuri's 3 pt shot much better this year, his pull up game has been a revelation.  It's almost like watching Marque Perry out there.

Yuri has been terrific the past two games. He's taken his game to a level I didn't think was possible with his pull-up game and ability to knock down threes. His passing is already incredible. Starting to remind me of NBA great, Nate Archibald. I wouldn't have believed it a week ago, but he may have the NBA in his future.

Just now, slu72 said:
1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

He was not ejected.  SLU just asked him to move to another seat which he did and watched the rest of the game from that seat. I thought he tweeted he was happy to leave early to beat the traffic. 

I thought he tweeted he was happy to leave early so he could beat the traffic? 

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I thought he tweeted he was happy to leave early so he could beat the traffic? 

He did not leave - he went to another seat as was requested by SLU and he was seen drinking in Lorenzo's after the game.  If you read all the follow up tweets and stories in the Post it is all spelled out.  Only the Dayton's paper and the announcers who were not broadcasting from the game said he was ejected.  At first that was what people assumed but once they got a chance to talk to people in the know they changed their initial tweets.

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yuri’s outside shot has looked great these last two games. If he can keep hitting those consistently… A10 POY