NET Tracker 2021-22

Littlebill

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UAB, Belmont and Auburn were lost for the same reason:  they all double teamed Yuri at the end of the ball game and we either turned the ball over or got up a bad shot once we got into a halfcourt set.  Once UAB did it, it became pretty obvious to everybody else how to beat us.  We were fortunate to have a very soft schedule after the Dayton loss and put some wins together.  But  If Yuri doesn't go 35 and 13 at Mason, it would have happened again.  

But it didn't happen again.  And I would like to believe that took a big weight off their shoulders going into the return game with Dayton.  We had the Flyers on their heels from jump.  They tried to press us at the end but we shook it off like an enraged Hulk Hogan.  And even without the adrenaline rush, we did a much better job of handling the ball against La Salle down the stretch.  Are we over the hump?  I hope so.

25 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

UAB, Belmont and Auburn were lost for the same reason:  they all double teamed Yuri at the end of the ball game and we either turned the ball over or got up a bad shot once we got into a halfcourt set.  Once UAB did it, it became pretty obvious to everybody else how to beat us.  We were fortunate to have a very soft schedule after the Dayton loss and put some wins together.  But  If Yuri doesn't go 35 and 13 at Mason, it would have happened again.  

But it didn't happen again.  And I would like to believe that took a big weight off their shoulders going into the return game with Dayton.  We had the Flyers on their heels from jump.  They tried to press us at the end but we shook it off like an enraged Hulk Hogan.  And even without the adrenaline rush, we did a much better job of handling the ball against La Salle down the stretch.  Are we over the hump?  I hope so.

I would agree with your analysis, would add that there is a quiet confidence about this team now.  They seem to shrug off a missed shot, a turnover or getting behind early, and just play harder.  They now that effort will pay off, and it is infectious, like the play against Dayton where Yuri knock the ball away,  Hargrove ended up diving on the ground to control it and passed to Gibson who nailed it.  Earlier in the season a previous bad play made them more tentative.  Perhaps that is wishful thinking but we will see against SB.

Old guy likes this

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Not disagreeing with your analysis but we lost to Auburn because we couldn’t defend the pick and roll and lob to Kessler. 

2 minutes ago, willie said:

Not disagreeing with your analysis but we lost to Auburn because we couldn’t defend the pick and roll and lob to Kessler. 

this. How many times did he dunk off a pick and roll??? Felt like 10 times in a row in a span of like one minute 

24 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

I think even a loss tonight would be enough to move the Bonnies into the Top 100 (currently 101) NET. This is a Q1 game for the Bonnies and a Q3 game for SLU. 

Feels like a hell of a trap game for a Q3 win opportunity. 

Trap Q3 games, an A-10 staple.

Just now, Bills By 40 said:

I'm saying the risk is higher than the reward and I think the Bonnies are better than their ranking, which only works against our favor. 

Okay. I guess I didn't understand your definition of Trap Game.  I agree the Bonnies are potentially much better than their ranking.  They, perhaps, got back on track against Fordham.  We will find out in 10 hours.

10 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Right up there with crappy gyms, bad announcers (for opposing teams), and poor-quality video feeds.

Love this conference.

Why don't we just move to Big East? Seems like a pretty simple solution to me. How has Chris May not thought of this yet?!

willie likes this

35 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Okay. I guess I didn't understand your definition of Trap Game.  I agree the Bonnies are potentially much better than their ranking.  They, perhaps, got back on track against Fordham.  We will find out in 10 hours.

No more like 12 hours - it ain't over until it is over

HoosierPal and Bills By 40 like this

10 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Why don't we just move to Big East? Seems like a pretty simple solution to me. How has Chris May not thought of this yet?!

i didnt realize it was that simple   if that is the case, let's just move to the ACC.  

38 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I'm glad to know at least one person agrees with me on this topic.

25 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Definitely an Old Guy

62 going on 63.   add to that the aging effects of a heart attack and cancer in the last 10 years, i got to be at least 90.  

of course i could still run you off the floor skip.  😁

Fraz and BilliesBy40 like this

SLU's NET remains at 49 going into tonight's big game vs. St. Bona.  SLU's NET is the best in the A10, which puts SLU in the Auto Bid in my analysis.  But absent winning the A10 Tourney, a NET of 49 is one below the line, where the current cutoff is 48, absent any conference tourney bid steals, which are all but inevitable.  The key there is limiting them to a very few, better those with no effect, i.e. One Bid leagues irrespective.

Per the NET:

Last 4 IN:  45 Utah State, 46 Belmont, 47 Florida, 48 Oregon.

Next to Last 4 IN:  40 Oklahoma, 41 North Carolina, 43 Washington State, 44 Virginia Tech.  42 UAB would have C-USA's Auto Bid.

First 4 OUT:  50 BYU, 51 SMU, 52 North Texas, 53 San Diego State.  49 SLU would have the A10's Auto Bid.

Next 4 OUT:  54 Davidson, 55 TCU, 56 Mississippi State, 57 Fresno State.  Below those are 58 Memphis and 59 West Virginia.