NET Tracker 2021-22

Littlebill

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Would they actually do something like this - give one team such an advantage?  I guess this is a just a math thing with this group the NCAA would probably put them in without the play in and make us play.

It is a math thing. They won't have conference mates playing each other. Haslametrics and T-Rank just seed everyone based on their ranking - they just consider the at-larges and auto bids

edit - I'm dumb, ignore my second sentence

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Would they actually do something like this - give one team such an advantage?  I guess this is a just a math thing with this group the NCAA would probably put them in without the play in and make us play.

What do you mean? Brian was just pointing out that they have us projected to play in the First Four, which is played in Dayton (not against Dayton).

Bracketville today:

As expected, Bracketville doesn’t have SLU as close to the field as some others today. (They said they wouldn’t) 

San Diego St., West Virginia, Kansas State, Stanford, Mississippi St., Memphis, UAB and Belmont, the teams ahead of SLU but still on the outside of the bubble. Immediately after SLU, in order, they have: Dayton, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Utah State, Texas A&M, VCU, Washington St. 

Creighton, Oklahoma, BYU, North Carolina, Florida as their in order last non-qualifiers to make the field. 

Boise St. a 9 seed. Davidson an 11 seed.

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/seed-list/

8 minutes ago, courtside said:

Bracketville today:

As expected, Bracketville doesn’t have SLU as close to the field as some others today. (They said they wouldn’t) 

San Diego St., West Virginia, Kansas State, Stanford, Mississippi St., Memphis, UAB and Belmont, the teams ahead of SLU but still on the outside of the bubble. Immediately after SLU, in order, they have: Dayton, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Utah State, Texas A&M, VCU, Washington St. 

Creighton, Oklahoma, BYU, North Carolina, Florida as their in order last non-qualifiers to make the field. 

Boise St. a 9 seed. Davidson an 11 seed.

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/seed-list/

I cannot tell if things have changed over the past 20-30 years, because it feels crazy to see these sub .500 big conference teams automatically in the tournament. Maybe it is because of conference merger/consolidation, or maybe it is just due to the increased level of talent across the game, but it just feels crazy that a 12-10 Kansas state would be ahead of SLU on any lists. I think we would crush them. I think SLU, Davidson, Dayton, and VCU would play into the middle or top of these conferences.

The end result is that the NCAA tournament needs to expand, probably to 96 teams.

From the Athletic's "Bubble Watch" this morning: 

Saint Louis (15-6, 7-2; NET: 53, SOS: 101): Saint Louis fans have been politely nudging Bubble Watch to check out Saint Louis for the last couple of weeks. Finally, their efforts have paid off. Or, well, the Billikens’ efforts, anyway. This is another extremely solid Travis Ford team, led by point guard Yuri Collins, who boasts the nation’s third-best assist rate (45.4 percent) on a team that doesn’t shoot the ball all that well inside the arc and doesn’t attempt many shots beyond it. SLU came into league play with a road win over Boise State which looks much better these days, and it has won its last five games to pad out the records a bit. Just barely on the bubble right now, we’d say, but there’s plenty of time left — and a road trip to Davidson still on the schedule. Hmm.

BuiltFordBills likes this

1 hour ago, Crewsorlose said:

ESPN came out with their first edition of Bubble Watch. Not the same thing as Bracketology. SLU among the teams considered. 

Wonder why it’s not the same