Jump to content

Nebraska MTE BLOWN Up. Close down this thread. Let's go Goat Roping!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

I have been called captain obvious many times. I think it is necessary to bring a dose of reality to the fact many posts that basically do not take reality into account. We have a great team this year with a great coach, this much is true. If this was a regular season we would go deep into the Dance. But this is not a normal or regular year.

Thanks for saving us from our own ignorance. You make the world a better place

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Exactly.  It's 8 teams getting together to hoop.  Nothing more or less.  No trophy (but perhaps participation ribbons??)

I hope for Western Kentucky is the third team.  They have a pretty good team and might end up with a better NET than the others.  The Hilltoppers are picked to win the CUSA by most scribes.  Bassey is back from the DL list.  They return 4 double digit scorers and have added Frampton from Davidson. 

According to Stu, Northern Iowa is game 1, LSU game 3, and TBD game 2.  

I’ll take WKU.

Quality opponent and their mascot makes me smile.

western-kentucky-hilltoppers-mascot-big-

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Old guy said:

Remember sulfan, unless you use the blue font, you mean what you say. Appreciate your comment.

Of course I agree with you. I also believe as you do that most posters are ignorant and would forget that we are in a pandemic and that the season could be cancelled or end at any time.  Your constant reminders are appreciated

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Of course I agree with you. I also believe as you do that most posters are ignorant and would forget that we are in a pandemic and that the season could be cancelled or end at any time.  Your constant reminders are appreciated

This made me laugh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

Of course I agree with you. I also believe as you do that most posters are ignorant and would forget that we are in a pandemic and that the season could be cancelled or end at any time.  Your constant reminders are appreciated

-nice!

Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point with multiple teams shutting down all team activities, who really can be sure of who we might wind up playing, but if the LSU game actually happens, it might be our toughest game of the year.  Besides being ranked above us is just about every poll I've seen, today the SEC pre-season poll was just released and they are picked 3rd behind only Tenn (picked as #1) and KY (#2).

(FYI, the school 120 miles to our west, who is too good to play us, came in 10th in that poll.  Covid issues might be the only reason CM retains his job if this is where they end up.  There was an interesting comment by the MO AD in the article about the MO/Ill game moving out of St Louis this year.  He said something along the lines of schools should be doing whatever possible to build regional rivalries, yet they still think they are too good to play little SLU.  I'm sure there is a date when both us and them have an opening on our schedule, but I can see why the big State school wouldn't want to play SLU this year-can you say @$$ kickin ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bauman said:

At this point with multiple teams shutting down all team activities, who really can be sure of who we might wind up playing, but if the LSU game actually happens, it might be our toughest game of the year.  Besides being ranked above us is just about every poll I've seen, today the SEC pre-season poll was just released and they are picked 3rd behind only Tenn (picked as #1) and KY (#2).

(FYI, the school 120 miles to our west, who is too good to play us, came in 10th in that poll.  Covid issues might be the only reason CM retains his job if this is where they end up.  There was an interesting comment by the MO AD in the article about the MO/Ill game moving out of St Louis this year.  He said something along the lines of schools should be doing whatever possible to build regional rivalries, yet they still think they are too good to play little SLU.  I'm sure there is a date when both us and them have an opening on our schedule, but I can see why the big State school wouldn't want to play SLU this year-can you say @$$ kickin ?

I think SLU fans should stop thinking of a game against Mizzou being a holy grail for the Billikens' schedule.  Plus, a game against the Tigers wouldn't really help the Bills' Tournament resume this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I think SLU fans should stop thinking of a game against Mizzou being a holy grail for the Billikens' schedule.  Plus, a game against the Tigers wouldn't really help the Bills' Tournament resume this year.

It's not the holy grail......its not like a home and home with Kansas or Duke or other hoops royalty.  That's not to say it wouldn't be an interesting game......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody road tripping to this NE MTE?  Knight's Inn prices are even more reasonable right now, as you guys may have forgot we're in a Pandemic.

I've been attending multiple sporting events, Red River Shootout,  NLCS (x2), bocce ball and I'm still alive (barely).

I've been to Lincoln and there's an entertainment district walking distance from the arena.  Not bad, not good, but not bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Anybody road tripping to this NE MTE?  Knight's Inn prices are even more reasonable right now, as you guys may have forgot we're in a Pandemic.

I've been attending multiple sporting events, Red River Shootout,  NLCS (x2), bocce ball and I'm still alive (barely).

I've been to Lincoln and there's an entertainment district walking distance from the arena.  Not bad, not good, but not bad.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/knights-inn-lincoln-lincoln

Looks fancy.

 Fu king Nathan J. Un American piece of sh.t doesn't want to pay his taxes and blames it on the Knights Inn. Anyone live in San Diego and want to pay ol Nathan J a visit and let him know what we think of his review. Good enough for Bills fan's good enough for a California snowflake. Nobody bad reviews a Knights Inn and gets away with it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

that's a damn nice looking Knight's Inn!

I had to edit. Saw some a.sh.le named Nathan J had the nerve to write a bad review on the Official Hotel Chain of Billikens.com 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HoosierPal changed the title to Nebraska MTE Set at, Uh, Seven? Teams

With the money you save staying at Knight's Inn you could spring for the Sizzler.

Get Coach Diener on the phone Rockhurst could get in this tourney.  11 days until execution probably need a team that can bus in, though planes are readily available and many rooms are vacant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Get Coach Diener on the phone Rockhurst could get in this tourney.  11 days until execution probably need a team that can bus in, though planes are readily available and many rooms are vacant.

We are thinking the same!  Let's renew our treasured rivalry with Rockhurst.

It wouldn't be as much fun to talk about, but the University of Nebraska @ Omaha (Summit League) could get on a bus an hour before tip off and play.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick Pitino is on ESPN calling for May Madness. Delay the start of the season. Give the vaccine a chance. I think this makes sense. If they start the season and then have a shutdown it may not restart. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, willie said:

Rick Pitino is on ESPN calling for May Madness. Delay the start of the season. Give the vaccine a chance. I think this makes sense. If they start the season and then have a shutdown it may not restart. 

The problem with that is the vaccine probably won’t be widely available for the average citizen until much later in the year. Pfizer says they will have 50 million diesel ready this year (2020), but that’s only enough for 25 million people who will be healthcare workers and high risk people. Should have 1.3 billion ready in 2021 but who knows how quickly that will be 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HoosierPal changed the title to Nebraska MTE BLOWN Up. Close down this thread. Let's go Goat Roping!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...