GDT - Billiken Madness

Pistol

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

I don't think the dunkfest will translate very well to real games.  I've seen too many players with great dunk high light videos end up with very few in the regular season.  Its good to know they have hops. Last night tells us little about the half court offence we will end up playing a lot, other than we now have some shooters. Sadly the incessant replays ran over almost all of Jimmersons shots.  

We need to see how well these new guys defend, and score in half court.  , or if you are incapable of giving him his due, just use GJ.

Right now it appears that Jimmerson will play about 45 minutes a game if he can play any kind of defence.

For a guy this good, I think it's about time that some on this Board learn how to spell his name.  Really, it's just common courtesy.  It is not Jimmerson, it is Jimerson---ONE M, not two.  and except for one long time poster, GJ works.

I will say I think using 3 or more M's is a sign or respect and if he made 5 threes last night, I think referring to him as Jimmmmmerson is a fun way to welcome him.

5 minutes ago, willie said:

There was a tall thin young man sitting where recruits normally sit..Assume he was a recruit. 

I believe that was 1 of the tall kids from DeSmet. A couple times after the event was over I looked on the court and he was all by himself. Not the best look for hosting a recruit.  Gotta have someone with him... players or coaches.  

1 hour ago, bauman said:

For a guy this good, I think it's about time that some on this Board learn how to spell his name.  Really, it's just common courtesy.  It is not Jimmerson, it is Jimerson---ONE M, not two.  and except for one long time poster, GJ works.

I will say I think using 3 or more M's is a sign or respect and if he made 5 threes last night, I think referring to him as Jimmmmmerson is a fun way to welcome him.

Relax there bud no one is trying to disrespect the kid. I doubt this kid is livid over the Ms in his name as you are 

20 minutes ago, willie said:

There was a tall thin young man sitting where recruits normally sit..Assume he was a recruit. 

Pretty sure that is the Desmet kid.   He shadowed diarra after the festivities

53 minutes ago, spooncool said:

Whoever was allowed to constantly show the replays should Never be allowed to operate that again. It became comical then unbearable. 

Indeed.

24 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Too many replays, complaints about the music, complaints about lack of a PA announcer, not good enough defense..  any reports from someone under age 80 years old?  🤣

Brings up the age-old question: Why is youth wasted on the young? 😆

39 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Too many replays, complaints about the music, complaints about lack of a PA announcer, not good enough defense..  any reports from someone under age 80 years old?  🤣

It’s hard to respond to these complaints about replays because obviously people are forgetting that they are using the video first and foremost for the people in the arena. They are just streaming the house feed from the video boards. I’m not really sure what the issue is with music, again the show in the arena comes first. Rammer was on the PA, what’s the issue? 

Littlebill and Box and Won like this

On 9/27/2019 at 8:35 PM, billikenbill said:

Totally, and wtf with the music constantly playing?

On 9/27/2019 at 9:18 PM, billikenbill said:

Add to your negative list the constant music during play, and the overuse of the replays. I would cut the music, can the replays and have a PA guy announcing who scored.

Maybe some Ed MaCauly era music would be have been a better option?   A little Jack Benny?  Guess it just gets hard each year to relate to the youth/players.   🤣🤣

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

It’s hard to respond to these complaints about replays because obviously people are forgetting that they are using the video first and foremost for the people in the arena. They are just streaming the house feed from the video boards. I’m not really sure what the issue is with music, again the show in the arena comes first. Rammer was on the PA, what’s the issue? 

For those of us watching the stream, it was music only, no Rammer. There was no big band music 🙂 and the rap sucked as usual, so no sound for me. Between watching the dunk/layup replays on one end and missing Jimmmerson’s threes on the other, it wasn’t that much fun to watch.

dennis_w likes this

21 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

For those of us watching the stream, it was music only, no Rammer. There was no big band music 🙂 and the rap sucked as usual, so no sound for me. Between watching the dunk/layup replays on one end and missing Jimmmerson’s threes on the other, it wasn’t that much fun to watch.

If you don’t like it, go to the arena? 

Wow, lots of b*tching going on about Billiken Madness.  It was a fun night.  The players enjoyed it.  It wasn't to be taken seriously.  Nice crowd, maybe the largest for such an event in recent history.  Nice turnout by students.  It was free.  I saw nothing wrong at all with it.

43 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Wow, lots of b*tching going on about Billiken Madness.  It was a fun night.  The players enjoyed it.  It wasn't to be taken seriously.  Nice crowd, maybe the largest for such an event in recent history.  Nice turnout by students.  It was free.  I saw nothing wrong at all with it.

I’m thankful there’s a Billiken Madness and glad that the night was great for you in attendance. My point is that it’s unfortunate that more thought wasn’t put into the streaming side of it.

All of us watching would’ve loved to see all of what you saw but the constant replays messed that up. Connecting Rammer to the stream would be great, if that’s even possible. There’s never enough “Bang, he got it” for a Billiken fan.

dennis_w likes this