GDT - Billiken Madness

Pistol

This deserves its own thread. I want a full, thorough report from tonight's event. I made it last year, but couldn't swing the trip this year.

Dunk contest prediction: Hargrove takes the title, although if Jacobs lands the dunk he attempted last season, look out.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-as CFord said in an interview, the real practice is this afternoon and Madness is for fun and fans so we can come here to offer all sorts of analysis based on the event

-I am curious his approach on not using the full calendar to further spread out the practices but perhaps it is to get the guys ready for 4 in 4

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-as CFord said in an interview, the real practice is this afternoon and Madness is for fun and fans so we can come here to offer all sorts of analysis based on the event

-I am curious his approach on not using the full calendar to further spread out the practices but perhaps it is to get the guys ready for 4 in 4

Who? 

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

Can't wait. This is about as excited as I've been in awhile for a Billiken season

I think everyone's expectations were sky high last year at this point. We were expecting big things from a loaded roster. Then the Santos suspension hit us. Then Gordon checking out. Then their struggles to play as a unit, but it all turned out pretty well. 

This year I think we're excited to see how all the pieces get put together and if we continue to show improvement. Should be fun. 

slufanskip likes this

46 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think everyone's expectations were sky high last year at this point. We were expecting big things from a loaded roster. Then the Santos suspension hit us. Then Gordon checking out. Then their struggles to play as a unit, but it all turned out pretty well. 

This year I think we're excited to see how all the pieces get put together and if we continue to show improvement. Should be fun. 

I was excited last year as I thought they'd be good. However, even though we aren't picked as high, I'm just really looking forward to watching this team grow. We are so well rounded as a roster. 

52 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Oh, so true. 

We also had a Big Ten GT sharp shooter who had unlimited range, plus a prolific GT scorer.  We all were sky high 365 days ago (but didn't Santos bolt just before Billiken Madness last season?)

3 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I was excited last year as I thought they'd be good. However, even though we aren't picked as high, I'm just really looking forward to watching this team grow. We are so well rounded as a roster. 

This really is the first team Travis has coached at SLU with all the positions covered by guys who have played them at the lower levels. Granted finding a decent PF is key and probably our biggest concern. 

Just now, HoosierPal said:

Oh, so true. 

We also had a Big Ten GT sharp shooter who had unlimited range, plus a prolific GT scorer.  We all were sky high 365 days ago (but didn't Santos bolt just before Billiken Madness last season?)

Probably, it was fairly early after school started. Still don't know what caused the suspension, but it probably had to do with the opposite sex. 

4 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

I do think we need to give props where it's due to the SLU marketing people for promoting this thing. They've been lackluster at best in the past, but I feel like I've heard and seen advertising for Billiken Madness all over the place. 

Agreed.  But if they can't figure out how to stream this, I'm gonna be a lot not happy.