Good luck Mickey Pearson!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, teamarete said:

Not usual at all.  Power 5 schools miss out on some targets or lose players to transfers, miss out on the grad transfer train, and all of a sudden, those under recruited prospects in November, look really good in June/July.

Louisville isn’t offering him scholarship .  They want him to walk on.   G Tech wants him to walk on and they already two incoming 4 star wings. The Illini will only be the 5th best team in the state of Illinois next year.

I think he was going he was going to go Ole Miss from the moment he asked out.  Everything else is to try to provide cover.  Kermit Davis will end up getting Ole Miss on probation just like he did at A&M.

18 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Louisville isn’t offering him scholarship .  They want him to walk on.   G Tech wants him to walk on and they already two incoming 4 star wings. The Illini will only be the 5th best team in the state of Illinois next year.

I think he was going he was going to go Ole Miss from the moment he asked out.  Everything else is to try to provide cover.  Kermit Davis will end up getting Ole Miss on probation just like he did at A&M.

Maybe a package deal with the old strength and conditioning coach.

brianstl likes this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

The Louisville and Ga Tech scholarship offer/lack of to Pearson isn't final.  Ole Miss, regardless of your opinion of Davis, and Illinois, regardless of how good they might be, are Power 5 schools that have missed out on some targets for one reason or another (new coach, transfers, etc)...my point still stands.

6 minutes ago, teamarete said:

The Louisville and Ga Tech scholarship offer/lack of to Pearson isn't final.  Ole Miss, regardless of your opinion of Davis, and Illinois, regardless of how good they might be, are Power 5 schools that have missed out on some targets for one reason or another (new coach, transfers, etc)...my point still stands.

To recap:

Pearson is still a tool. 

NextYearBill and brianstl like this

I mean what I am about to say.

Kids that do well during high school may fall prey to people telling them things like: "You are far too good to go wherever you committed to go, bigger and better programs are available and will jump with offers if you end your commitment." Also things like: "You are a star, a born one and done, the top programs will love to have you." And also this: " You are so good that you will be any program's star player, no need for having to prove you should be a starter." Perhaps the family believes this kind of stuff and pushes in this direction.

Whatever it is that the kid was told, and believes to be true, or whatever his family believes to be true, once he terminates his commitment and receives his release he finds out that reality may be quite different from what he had been told. New scholarship offers do not rain upon him; coaches may want him to come in as a walk on; or whatever lies in between. Mickey may blame everything and everybody except his family or himself. Instead of doing this he should try to learn a valuable life lesson. What you believe is true may either not be true or it may fail to materialize the way you thought it would. 

Yes, Mickey has broken no laws, he has exercised his free will. May he enjoy the outcome whatever it may be. 

SLU_Lax likes this

18 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I mean what I am about to say.

Kids that do well during high school may fall prey to people telling them things like: "You are far too good to go wherever you committed to go, bigger and better programs are available and will jump with offers if you end your commitment." Also things like: "You are a star, a born one and done, the top programs will love to have you." And also this: " You are so good that you will be any program's star player, no need for having to prove you should be a starter." Perhaps the family believes this kind of stuff and pushes in this direction.

Whatever it is that the kid was told, and believes to be true, or whatever his family believes to be true, once he terminates his commitment and receives his release he finds out that reality may be quite different from what he had been told. New scholarship offers do not rain upon him; coaches may want him to come in as a walk on; or whatever lies in between. Mickey may blame everything and everybody except his family or himself. Instead of doing this he should try to learn a valuable life lesson. What you believe is true may either not true or it  may fail to materialize the way you thought it would. 

Yes, Mickey has broken no laws, he has exercised his free will. May he enjoy the outcome whatever it may be. 

dont let the green grass fool you

SLU_Lax likes this

• 4 weeks later...

The latest on Pearson. Short version:

-He decommitted from SLU basically because he wasn't "100% into it." He didn't want to go if he didn't feel fully committed. No other outside reasons, excuses, etc. I actually have no problem this reason if that's all it is. If you're not fully committed to a place, don't go.

-He's almost certainly going the prep school route. He's being recruited by IMG, Hargrave, and others.

-He and his family expect higher-level offers this time around. He got some offers right after decommitting, but it sounds like he wants more time to take visits and get to know coaches.

16 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The latest on Pearson. Short version:

-He decommitted from SLU basically because he wasn't "100% into it." He didn't want to go if he didn't feel fully committed. No other outside reasons, excuses, etc. I actually have no problem this reason if that's all it is. If you're not fully committed to a place, don't go.

-He's almost certainly going the prep school route. He's being recruited by IMG, Hargrave, and others.

-He and his family expect higher-level offers this time around. He got some offers right after decommitting, but it sounds like he wants more time to take visits and get to know coaches.

Sounds like grandma is feeling better 🙄

17 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Calling it now, he will go to a “High Major”, as his dad referred to them in the article, ride the bench for two years, then transfer somewhere like Morehead St. Which is fine, if that’s what he wants. 

Calling it now:  Whatever school He chooses to go to will be rank/current state- lower than where SLU is at. 

RamJAMTIME likes this

Just wasn't feeling it? Someone got in his head and said, you belong at a  high major power 5, but I didn't see where Calipari or Coach K gave him a call after his decommit. I'm sure the board will be bringing us updates on Mickey all the way thru his SR year of college.

13 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

I'm guessing grades. Didn't get a qualifying score on the ACT. Recall Ole Miss expressed some interest and he couldn't commit to that also.

But reportedly, didn't Ford and staff make a trip down there to try to convince him to honor his commitment? If it was grades, I don't think Ford would've done that.