Coaching Carousel

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Not liking this trend of “do well in A-10 then move on to bigger jobs” trend of the top performing a -10 coaches. Time to move to a better conference before we lose Ford 

tford,   are you really this naive?   really?   why would a conference take us?   explain why any of the top conferences would take slu at this point?   if the big east only would take us as a junior member with no help on exit and entry fees and only a percentage of conference ncaa sharing for no defined time period right after our best three years of the program, why would they take us now?   

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

tford,   are you really this naive?   really?   why would a conference take us?   explain why any of the top conferences would take slu at this point?   if the big east only would take us as a junior member with no help on exit and entry fees and only a percentage of conference ncaa sharing for no defined time period right after our best three years of the program, why would they take us now?   

i'd still take that deal. 

1 hour ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Not liking this trend of “do well in A-10 then move on to bigger jobs” trend of the top performing a -10 coaches. Time to move to a better conference before we lose Ford 

Or we could try to get with other Catholic schools and start an Catholic Universities Conference (CUC). Maybe something like SLU, St. Joseph's, Gonzaga, St. Mary's, Holy Cross, Dayton, Loyola Chicago, Iona, Santa Clara, Detroit....

Just now, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Or we could try to get with other Catholic schools and start an Catholic Universities Conference (CUC). Maybe something like SLU, St. Joseph's, Gonzaga, St. Mary's, Holy Cross, Dayton, Loyola Chicago, Iona, Santa Clara, Detroit....

I know you’re poking fun at TFTR but this still makes my face turn red in anger 

Let's just get in the Valley. Only team to beat is Loyola now and we're in the Dance. Arch Madness, baby!!!

:D

17 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

i'd still take that deal. 

you'd give up all your ncaa points, pay the over the top conference exit and entry fees, and only get a small percentage of the conference ncaa units (including the ones you would earn) for an infinite period of time knowing you have an administration that historically is extremely stingy doling out athletic support money?   wow.   you arent a business man by chance are you?

Just now, billiken_roy said:

you'd give up all your ncaa points, pay the over the top conference exit and entry fees, and only get a small percentage of the conference ncaa units (including the ones you would earn) for an infinite period of time knowing you have an administration that historically is extremely stingy doling out athletic support money?   wow.   you arent a business man by chance are you?

Yeah it's been a real f'n blast over the last 5 years. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I want to join a conference that is basically the current Big Ten, but then we’d swap out Rutgers for Evansville. I really don’t see anything that’s keeping us from making this happen.

TheA_Bomb likes this

49 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Yeah it's been a real f'n blast over the last 5 years. 

unfortunately it takes millions of dollars to run a D1 program.   thus we have to be able to raise money and not spend for just the bragging rights of being in a better conference.   if we win big for sustained time like butler did or like creighton did, then we probably dont get the piss poor offer of a junior membership.   but we need to be a consistent winner first.  

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

I want to join a conference that is basically the current Big Ten, but then we’d swap out Rutgers for Evansville. I really don’t see anything that’s keeping us from making this happen.

-signed typical sports radio caller

2 hours ago, Box and Won said:

You people in Evansville are going to love the Big Ten. 

Box and Won likes this

Bills71 beat me to it but it is also in the A10 rumor thread.  Only reason Gianinni lasted this long was that luck Sweet Sixteen a few years back.  I think Martelli's fourth place finish saved his job this year as well.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Bills71 beat me to it but it is also in the A10 rumor thread.  Only reason Gianinni lasted this long was that luck Sweet Sixteen a few years back.  I think Martelli's fourth place finish saved his job this year as well.

I am not big fan of Dr G but with no $$ & the mausoleum, can LaSalle do better? 

What I understand, he didn't get fired he resigned. I would think he left some cash on the table with that decision.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/03/23/lasalle-parts-ways-with-longtime-head-coach-dr-john-giannini/

2 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

I am not big fan of Dr G but with no $$ & the mausoleum, can LaSalle do better? 

What I understand, he didn't get fired he resigned. I would think he left some cash on the table with that decision.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/03/23/lasalle-parts-ways-with-longtime-head-coach-dr-john-giannini/

Totally agree. A sweet sixteen at lasalle should get you a lifetime contract and a statue. 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I see you snubbed Notre Dame, nice going.

10 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Let's resurrect that football program!

Don't have to, look at Wichita St. I like the AAC option even better than the Beast unless they too require we are a junior member. Although, I'd think WSU is not entitled to any of their football money.