Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

So if it's true that one of the accusers is hell bent on justice, whatever that means, then this will go on for the rest of the season and then some....

Then if the outcome is in favor of the players, they lose the season.... So they then have to appeal to the NC2A and there is case precedent to grant a year of eligibility back..

What a cluster.....

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, keyser soze said:

So if it's true that one of the accusers is hell bent on justice, whatever that means, then this will go on for the rest of the season and then some....

Then if the outcome is in favor of the players, they lose the season.... So they then have to appeal to the NC2A and there is case precedent to grant a year of eligibility back..

What a cluster.....

At this point the 2 best scenarios are as follows

the ruling is in favor of the women. The punishment is time served. The boys play.

the ruling is in favor of the guys the women tie the matter up in appeals the players play next season regaining eligibility through appeals to NCAA 

21 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Stu also tweeted this:

-I wonder when these meetings are taking place? if this week, not all of my faith in the U is lost, just most of it

1 minute ago, keyser soze said:

What a cluster.....

-if one party in this can cause such a delay then it seems the "process" DrP mentioned last week that is so important to follow is really not one on which to hang your hat

4 minutes ago, keyser soze said:

What a cluster.....

Why go on for rest of season. As I see it and as I recall reading somewhere, there will be around 1 week of meetings with hearing officer (both sides), that will begin next Tuesday, then Decision. Then a week or so on appeals. 

This is a particularly strange situation, because all three involved just took redshirt year. I still have no idea what their options are. Could they sit out the remainder of this year and not lose a year of eligibility if they came back next season with us? If they transfer to another D1 school, do they have to sit out another year before playing?

29 minutes ago, Billboy1 said:

The delay rests entirely with the school and they deserve any financial consequences that will result. 2018 is too little too late!

Financial consequences come in many fashions, but I can tell you that I'd have been somebody that gave serious consideration to early donations in order to beat the new tax law. As it stands now I can't stomach giving any money to this school until this is resolved and there is sufficient water under the bridge. I'm small time for sure, and it has no impact on the snails pace Fred's team is moving, but it makes me feel better...

3 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Financial consequences come in many fashions, but I can tell you that I'd have been somebody that gave serious consideration to early donations in order to beat the new tax law. As it stands now I can't stomach giving any money to this school until this is resolved and there is sufficient water under the bridge. I'm small time for sure, and it has no impact on the snails pace Fred's team is moving, but it makes me feel better...

I would second that notion. I think I posted many pages ago that this is my first year minus student loans. I was planning on contributing to the school still, but have directed that money towards Bradley. I will continue to do that until SLU finds a new president.

7 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

At this point the 2 best scenarios are as follows

the ruling is in favor of the women. The punishment is time served. The boys play.

the ruling is in favor of the guys the women tie the matter up in appeals the players play next season regaining eligibility through appeals to NCAA 

No.  If the ruling is in favor of the guys, the boys would certainly be able to play.  No way would they remain out while the girl(s) appeal.

At the same time, it appears quite obvious that the boys violated one or more codes of conduct.  The question, though, remains "what's the punishment"?  

The answer to your question Clock is that short of expulsion or a longer suspension time, we will probably never know what the sanctions against the players will be even after the whole process is finished and the kids receive whatever sanctions they are going to receive. I think there is no way they are going to make public any conditional or probation sanctions that may come out of this process and I believe nobody will be expelled or kept suspended beyond this year either. That said I think the appeals process will continue at its own pace, which is very slow, until it is done. I do not think the kids will get to play this year. Again this is my opinion based upon the way the process has been progressing so far, which is very slowly.

2 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

This doesn't give me hope. I read is as the decision was negative, and they are mulling what to do.

Had the decision been a good one for the players, a simple 'no' would not have been problematic. 

Interesting.  I took it as "what can I say to shut this dumbass reporter up as soon as possible?"

30 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

This doesn't give me hope. I read is as the decision was negative, and they are mulling what to do.

Had the decision been a good one for the players, a simple 'no' would not have been problematic. 

What did you want the lawyer to say - we lost or won whatever and at this time we are not thinking about it anymore.  All he said is he reviewing the findings and will keep all his options open.  Means nothing one way or the other.

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

What did you want the lawyer to say - we lost or won whatever and at this time we are not thinking about it anymore.  All he said is he reviewing the findings and will keep all his options open.  Means nothing one way or the other.

this is how i looked at it. 

On December 26, 2017 at 9:35 AM, NextYearBill said:

where in SLU bylaws does it state alumni must donate money and attend basketball games?... quid pro quo 

It doesn't. Donating money and going to basketball games are totallyvoluntary.

Agree 100 percent.

If you want to donate money then do it. If you don't. Don't. 

If you want to go to the games. Go.

If you don't want to attend then don't.

Just understand the games will still go on even if you don't donate or attend.

I am confused by what Stu has been tweeting.  The final report, is that the report that is given to the hearing officer?  If so, why would they be considering an appeal before the hearing officer makes a decision?  Or is he referring to the final report including the determination of the hearing officer because that would require an appeal then but the players should also know the punishment then too.  

13 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I am confused by what Stu has been tweeting.  The final report, is that the report that is given to the hearing officer?  If so, why would they be considering an appeal before the hearing officer makes a decision?  Or is he referring to the final report including the determination of the hearing officer because that would require an appeal then but the players should also know the punishment then too.  

Stu went to the store, bought some worms, put them on a hook and sent Scott an email. As any good fisherman would tell you, the dumb fish are already in the boat. The smart fish are still in the water. Scott Rosenblum is probably a really smart fish .