Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point the university is going to look like they are racist or protecting sexual predators because of the way this has been handled. I feel for everyone involved. I saw Chris May in front of 103 last home game and tried to just tell him hang in there and he walked by me like I was invisible. Starting to think rumors and stories about him might be true. Especially after the Butler away game incident. I'm hoping he is just stressed but I'm starting to have my doubts. I've generally been a supporter of his over the years. Time will tell. 

Henriquez and Bishops responses are very simple but also a little heartbreaking. I'm not sure what actually happened in this situation but either way I feel bad for them and Graves. I know they want to play the game that they love, but SLU won't even make a decision and the players are probably being tortured by that. 

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Henriquez and Bishops responses are very simple but also a little heartbreaking. I'm not sure what actually happened in this situation but either way I feel bad for them and Graves. I know they want to play the game that they love, but SLU won't even make a decision and the players are probably being tortured by that

-yep, and the SLU offices are probably clearing out about now, if they haven't already, as the administrators go wherever for Christmas while these guys still don't know their fate after all of these days, what a sh!tshow

-time to bring back.....It is VERY hard work being a Billiken Fan. 

What about good old fashioned phone calls to the president’s office? Is that just poor taste?

The phone number is posted, and if you call, a real person picks up. It could be a last minute way to annoy and put pressure. No one has to be rude or disrespectful to the office secretary, but just be firm and voice concern. I’m tempted to do it,but not quite sure if it is out of line.

These guys  have to be lining up schools to transfer to for next semester. If they are not, they are making a big mistake. I don't expect  any decision to fully exonerate them. If it did, it would have been entered by now. If it doesn't exonerate them, it will have punishment. I can't see punishment being only a suspension from extra curricular activities for one semester with credit for time served. They are definitely not playing this year, maybe never. Why stick around?

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

The Friday before Christmas is the textbook day to try to dump bad news when no one is looking.  Just dump it.

UCLA just announced their suspended players are done for the year. 

Why now? Probably so it wasn't  hanging over their heads all break. It was also the 5 PM Holiday news dump. 

That's a school who did it right.

Edited by dlarry