Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I don't like the process but the biggest problem is with SLU dragging it out.  It's in your hands, you should've worked as long as needed to wrap this up before Christmas break and it's embarrassing that they didn't.  

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It would be a really bad look to block people on twitter 

Not to defend him at all, but as long as a follower isn't a SLU student, faculty or staff member, or alum or booster, why would it look bad for him to block someone who's (in his judgment) abusing him?  It's not like anyone other than the blocked person can see that he/she has been blocked.

6 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Not to defend him at all, but as long as a follower isn't a SLU student, faculty or staff member, or alum or booster, why would it look bad for him to block someone who's (in his judgment) abusing him?  It's not like anyone other than the blocked person can see that he/she has been blocked.

They can indeed tell that they’ve been blocked. I have experience with Jesus Ortiz in this area. As a president who claims to care about public perception and opinion he would be wise not to appear as though he has silenced even his most critical followers 

25 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

They can indeed tell that they’ve been blocked. I have experience with Jesus Ortiz in this area. As a president who claims to care about public perception and opinion he would be wise not to appear as though he has silenced even his most critical followers 

Yes, as I said, the person who's been blocked knows it, but it's not public knowledge.  No, he shouldn't block civil followers who are critical of him, but I wouldn't blame him for blocking abusive followers.

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Yes, as I said, the person who's been blocked knows it, but it's not public knowledge.  No, he shouldn't block civil followers who are critical of him, but I wouldn't blame him for blocking abusive followers.

Because I’m sure his social media handler knows that the minute they block someone that person will tweet about it and, no matter how “abusive”, Pestello will become the Bad guy 

15 minutes ago, almaman said:

He could of thrown a time bone; hope to have it wrapped up soon, or some such

It's becoming clear they don't hope to have it wrapped up soon. If they did hope to have it done in a timely matter, it would have been. 

8 hours ago, kshoe said:

It's becoming clear they don't hope to have it wrapped up soon. If they did hope to have it done in a timely matter, it would have been. 

Take it one step further and it's hard to envision these 3 ever playing in a game for the SLU Billikens. Really unfair to everyone involved to have this investigation take over 3 months. More so,  when you consider there's photographic evidence that exists of the whole deal. How difficult can it be to determine consent or non consent when you've got it on film?

If SLU is handling S2  poorly why haven't the players transferred?

I really thought the 3 would announce they were transferring and then sue SLU.

Could it be coach Ford keeping this team together, not any good options out there, a second transfer for two of them?

3 minutes ago, CBFan said:

If SLU is handling S2  poorly why haven't the players transferred?

I really thought the 3 would announce they were transferring and then sue SLU.

Could it be coach Ford keeping this team together, not any good options out there, a second transfer for two of them?

They have not transferred as of yet because this came up after the semester had begun.  If they transferred then they would lose the entire semester of school for perhaps no reason.  At this point, they could be looking now that the semester is over.  The other problem is transferring may create a situation that they lose more than another year of eligibility - not sure of each of their situation.

SLU 72 - I talked with someone who told me that one of the girls is not willing to move on as the other 2 girls have decided so this is dragging out because of this matter.  Also, for the first time I heard someone with experience in these matters say that this is taking way to long and should have been settled at least a month ago.  Additionally another has expressed that the hearing officer is dragging feet and is the other problem.  I know this does not clear the issue up but it explains what may be happening.  

6 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

We won’t see any of them play for the Bills again.  Pestoolo has seen to that  

Can Graves transfer and be immediately eligible since he has technically sat out a year since last playing?

No if Graves transferred he would have to sit another full year which is why you haven’t seen him or Henriquez transfer yet. 

Not if they transfer to a non D1 school.  Plenty of players from D2 naia play for pay after they graduate.  The scouts will find them if  they are good enough.

If I was the 3 of them that's what I'd do.  Well that and Rev up the lawsuit against SLU and the 2 girls who brought false accusations  against them.  

I don't like I'm advocating a lawsuit against my Alma mater but this whole thing has been so unfair.  The players deserve everything they can get.

The fact the players were never arrested or charged speaks volumes.

Make a decision 

Billiken1978 and Spoon-Balls like this

55 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

SLU 72 - I talked with someone who told me that one of the girls is not willing to move on as the other 2 girls have decided so this is dragging out because of this matter.  Also, for the first time I heard someone with experience in these matters say that this is taking way to long and should have been settled at least a month ago.  Additionally another has expressed that the hearing officer is dragging feet and is the other problem.  I know this does not clear the issue up but it explains what may be happening.  

I don't understand how this could slow the process?  To date, the outside firm conducted their investigation and turned  their findings over to SLU about 3 weeks ago at which point both sides had the opportunity to review and respond (at least that is my understanding).  I suppose her laywer may not have liked what the investigation uncovered and could have responded in a way that SLU is now treading even more carefully in an effort to avoid looking even worse?  Just trying to piece together a potential scenario here.  Regardless, Freddie's response that they're following the process but failing to disclose what the process is makes it even more clear there likely isn't a process at all now that it is in their hands.

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

I just want to make sure I’m understanding you here. Is it your understanding that 2 of the 3 women making the accusations have recanted their accusations? 

If Fred has not directed that part of Freshmen (and Transfer students) be required to attend a training session for how not to get into compromising sexual situations then he is more of a problem than we this board already thinks he is.........

They could call it #KeepYourPantsOn

8 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I just want to make sure I’m understanding you here. Is it your understanding that 2 of the 3 women making the accusations have recanted their accusations? 

No that is not what I said - what I said is that 2 apparently are ready to move on.