Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

So one of the players that were involved in the incident is playing now and is still being represented by one of the lawyers.  Just want to make sure I have that right

I don’t think that’s confirmed anywhere. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was just Rosenblum at this point

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

On the Kilcoyne show one of the hosts just said if there is no statement from the school by Friday the two lawyers representing the players will be speaking to the media.

Sounds like both lawyers are still involved to me

8 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

So one of the players that were involved in the incident is playing now and is still being represented by one of the lawyers.  Just want to make sure I have that right

My friend named four players and three of them currently aren't playing. The fourth is. No clue if he had or has representation. Again, not sure how accurate his info was but he was right about at least three of them.

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

My friend named four players and three of them currently aren't playing. The fourth is. No clue if he had or has representation. Again, not sure how accurate his info was but he was right about at least three of them.

What I've heard is that the charges/accusations against the fourth, presumably the one who had his own lawyer, were dropped.

19 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

That might be good in the short term for those involved in this situation, but it likely would bad for the university and the program long term. I doubt the attorneys will say how pleased they've been with the university's treatment of their clients.

The lawyers only obligation is to the players. I like the move from a strategy standpoint. 

13 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Sounds like both lawyers are still involved to me

That's what's confusing to me.  I was under the impression that Rogers was representing a player who is currently active, while Rosenblum is representing the three who are inactive.

5 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

That's what's confusing to me.  I was under the impression that Rogers was representing a player who is currently active, while Rosenblum is representing the three who are inactive.

I think it’s possible that could have gotten lost in translation at some point. I heard that same information re: statement on Friday but it only related to Rosenblum 

5 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

That might be good in the short term for those involved in this situation, but it likely would bad for the university and the program long term. I doubt the attorneys will say how pleased they've been with the university's treatment of their clients.

You have a point, but it may be what SLU needs to act, if they’re dragging their feet. SLU seems to try to do everything quietly so that no one notices. The second they get called on it, they spring into action. Take the closed practices in October. All it took was a negative article or two and bang, open practices.

I don't really know why but I'm convinced that the school has already decided on the punishment and they've been at that decision since before the season started. I think the players will be back after the first semester is over and that will coincidentally be the same time that the investigation is "over".

Zink and rgbilliken like this

57 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

You have a point, but it may be what SLU needs to act, if they’re dragging their feet. SLU seems to try to do everything quietly so that no one notices. The second they get called on it, they spring into action. Take the closed practices in October. All it took was a negative article or two and bang, open practices.

100% on the mark. Reactive vs Proactive....the university has always been this way. Not just athletics.

15 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

SEVERAL players please tell me that’s probably wrong 

11 minutes ago, kshoe said:

several = 3

That is correct there were two lawyers and as per the initial information or rumors there were 4 players. At least one of the lawyers has to represent several players.

4 hours ago, GoBills73 said:
Tweet from the Producer of the Grind on 590

Wait what?

A report has not even been filed?

Am I reading this wrong or does this mean if they file it tomorrow it could be another 60 days? 

Or could it mean there was no reason to file a report and it's been the university punishing the players for code of conduct stuff?

What in the hell is going on.

12 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Wait what?

A report has not even been filed?

Am I reading this wrong or does this mean if they file it tomorrow it could be another 60 days? 

Or could it mean there was no reason to file a report and it's been the university punishing the players for code of conduct stuff?

What in the hell is going on.

Just reading through slu's policy, after receipt of the report, the investigation, hearing and appeal are supposed to be concluded in 60 days.  It also states at the end of the investigation, another report is written and given to the parties summarizing what is found.  Once they both agree, that report is finalized and makes a recommendation to the hearing officer.  Both parties get a written notice of the outcome of the Hearing Officer's findings and then appeals can start.  There will be written notification at the conclusion of the appeals.  

So there are 2 referenced reports but a lot of written notifications which could be what he refers to as well.

What was tweeted sounded like it came from Rosenblum and if it goes past 60 days, they are supposed to receive written notification and updated timeline.  Since it sounds like he plans on speaking if SLU doesn't, he didn't receive that and expects it to be concluded.  My guess which is a complete guess.  

I truly don't understand why this is taking so long. This is most akin to an internal investigation at a corporation when there are accusations of violations of corporate policies that may or may not arise to the level of criminal wrongdoing. I have had awareness of numerous such investigations, and the investigation and report usually takes weeks (or even days), not many months. Dragging out the investigation is not going to mitigate the potential liability of the university.