Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

There has got to be a lot more to this case than what we know. Why the AD or university didn't just get out in front of this story and do the basic blocking and tackling as far as making a statement initially, again I do not understand. Everyone at the school deserves blame for this, everyone. The law school, the med school, enrollment, the clock tower accords, this situation, the lay offs, it goes on and on. Systemically something has got to shift at the university, we don't even talk about the potential victims in this case or that we have student athletes' careers and futures in limbo. Just the acknowledgement from someone saying we are on top of this from the start and where we are today might be a little better. That's all I'm saying. It's sad, especially if the AD "assumes" there will be a statement. Either he is throwing that ball back over to the presidents yard or he is out of the loop. Just a bad situation and very frustrating.

Or he’s been instructed to not say anything. 

4 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

You never said that in your original post.

I believed you called the rules stupid. You never explained why.

Isnt that correct?

Tilk.

You are an absolute ass.  I, and the rest of this Board, have thoroughly vented and explained our thoughts on the stupid rules of Situation 1.  Thankfully, you weren't part of those discussions and hopefully you won't be part of future threads and discussions either.  And because you obviously lack social etiquette and grace, let me just state the obvious.  When you are new to discussion, first ask why I called the rules stupid rather than assuming and imputed false and negative motives toward me.  I owe you no explanation to you.  

From the Upchurch treatment, to Spoon's ice cream, to Majerus' charter flights, to situation 1 to dragging on this situation, the university has repeatedly shown an interest in letting the basketball program know they were nothing special and they will not be given special treatment. Some may applaud this and say it is the way it should be. Maybe it should, but they promised Upchurch admission if he passed the summer bridge program. He passed it. Give him admission. If a great coach like Spoon wants ice cream with his meal, let him have it. Biondi promised Majerus charter flights. Give him charter flights. Treat KM & WR fairly in situation 1. Finally, get this situation over with. There are a finite number of witnesses that could all be interviewed within a couple of weeks. Everyone is represented. Get it to hearing, make a decision. Give it priority and get it over with. It can be done. The fact that it is not, tells me the university has not prioritized getting it over with. Why is that? The basketball program is not a priority. That  puts us at a competitive disadvantage in current D1 college athletics. We have lived with it for years. It gets old.

4 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

Or he’s been instructed to not say anything. 

I assume this is the case. And obviously you are a more plugged in poster and probably have more knowledge of this situation than any of us. I also assume you can't share that info. But since we don't have that info, we're going to criticize the school for what is turning into a classic SLU debacle. This post isn't meant as a shot at you or anything. I'm more just saying that based on what the rest of us know, it doesn't appear like SLU is handling this well.

I take Chris May's comments to mean that he has no involvement in, much less any control over, the process.  This is in the University's hands, not the Athletic Department.  If you think about it, that makes sense.  I doubt Title IX investigations would be put in the hands of athletic departments who have a bias toward the athletes.

3 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

From the Upchurch treatment, to Spoon's ice cream, to Majerus' charter flights, to situation 1 to dragging on this situation, the university has repeatedly shown an interest in letting the basketball program know they were nothing special and they will not be given special treatment. Some may applaud this and say it is the way it should be. Maybe it should, but they promised Upchurch admission if he passed the summer bridge program. He passed it. Give him admission. If a great coach like Spoon wants ice cream with his meal, let him have it. Biondi promised Majerus charter flights. Give him charter flights. Treat KM & WR fairly in situation 1. Finally, get this situation over with. There are a finite number of witnesses that could all be interviewed within a couple of weeks. Everyone is represented. Get it to hearing, make a decision. Give it priority and get it over with. It can be done. The fact that it is not, tells me the university has not prioritized getting it over with. Why is that? The basketball program is not a priority. That  puts us at a competitive disadvantage in current D1 college athletics. We have lived with it for years. It gets old.

Great post.   Thank you 

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

see trollboy tilk.  now that was an answer.   you on the other hand are worthless.  and sorry the program is important to most true fans.   

The program is not trumped by the rights of the players and accusers.

The rights of the players and accusers trump the program.

Show me where I said the program was not important to true fans.

The players put the program in this situation.

I have I an idea. Don't watch games. Don't go to games until this is over.

This isn't an episode of Law and Order. 

Do you want a Duke lacrosse situation at SLU?

19 minutes ago, thetorch said:

On the Kilcoyne show one of the hosts just said if there is no statement from the school by Friday the two lawyers representing the players will be speaking to the media.

I don't think it is a good thing that players' lawyers feel that they have to use the media to speed up the process.  I like that they are doing it, but it doesn't speak well of how this situation has been handled by SLU.  It makes me think that Rosenblum and Rogers believe SLU plans to drag this out as long as possible.

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

"rush to judgement"   you must think we are all idiots like apparently the title IX people think.   

again, lay out the scenario to explain the need for 60 days?  which participant is not cooperating or is missing.   beings the girls rushed to the police, i am sure they all made their statements pretty darn quickly.   we know the players are cooperating.   what other investigative information is needed beyond the statements of the participants?   how long does it take to review said statements?   be serious.   this should not take 60 days and we are past 60 days.  

at this point in time for the good of the program, a decision is the most important thing.   i really dont care anymore which way the decision goes.   i am numb to the process.   you want to error on the side of caution expell the players lets move on and we got three scholarships to fill this coming year.   good for the junior class of current high schoolers and we might have some renewed hope for the future.   

make a decision

The boys are being punished, intentionally, each game they cannot play and each practice they cannot practice with the Top 5/starters.  Another example of federal over reach.  Due to the lack of criminal charges and the actions of the SLU in allowing these boys to practice, travel, walk the campus and attend school, it is obvious that all are awaiting the almighty decision of the Title IX people.  Dr. P. doesn''t have to wait for Title IX conclusions.  If these boys raped female student athletes, they would have been (and should have been) immediately kicked off campus.  Again, I find no precedent for this Title IX committee other than recent and radical federal regulations imposed upon SLU and other universities.  No doubt, this Title IX group will find fire due to the smoke and sure appears to be punishing the boys  by having them miss now a 1/4 to 1/3 of the season, and counting, due to their belief that that no criminal charges will be filed.

8 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

If that story about the lawyers going public on Friday is true, it would behoove the university to get out in front of the matter and take control of the narrative.  Otherwise, things could get ugly fast.

[MICHAELJACKSONEATINGPOPCORNGIF]

Either way they’re going to screw it up. I’d bet the amount of the eventual lawsuit settlement on it!

19 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

Stop rooting for SLU then. There are over 300 Division I schools to root for.

If you say the basketball program is not a priority - why root for the school then?

So SLU being put in a competitive disadvantage in athletics is more important than getting the investigation correct?

2 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Stop rooting for SLU then. There are over 300 Division I schools to root for.

If you say the basketball program is not a priority - why root for the school then?

So SLU being put in a competitive disadvantage in athletics is more important than getting the investigation correct?

Rather read glory ravs post than trollkowsky. Metz club please and thanks

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I've had him on ignore. If you going to tell people to put him on ignore than what's the point of having him stick around? Someone show me one positive thing he has ever said about SLU. 

O i agree with this too. 

26 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

If that story about the lawyers going public on Friday is true, it would behoove the university to get out in front of the matter and take control of the narrative.  Otherwise, things could get ugly fast.

[MICHAELJACKSONEATINGPOPCORNGIF]

I like the lawyers speaking out. They should. 

22 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I've had him on ignore. If you going to tell people to put him on ignore than what's the point of having him stick around? Someone show me one positive thing he has ever said about SLU. 

I certainly wouldn't mind him being banned, to be frank

15 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I like the lawyers speaking out. They should. 

That might be good in the short term for those involved in this situation, but it likely would bad for the university and the program long term. I doubt the attorneys will say how pleased they've been with the university's treatment of their clients.