Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-I watched some of Long Beach State-UCSB last night, Lassina Traore has put on muscle, played nice defense with no hands/no reach, made some great passes and moved really well, I guess this will be Momo somewhere next year

-for those interested, LBSU cheerleaders have very unique outfits

isnt this the cheer squad that had to forfeit their national title because they had non student members on their squad?  i wouldnt bet the farm on this but something sticks in my head about it. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/3/2023 at 1:10 PM, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

He's been balling. I think he would have a role on this team moreso than any of the other transfers. But backing up Yuri probably doesn't compare to being the guy for semo.

This is why a few people may be tired of how Travis uses his bench.  Many people want to question the success some players have once they leave SLU, but there are some that move on that you wish they had stayed.  Not everyone that transfers out was going to be a contributor down the road but man it seems like there’s always one or two you wish Travis had utilized more to keep them around.  I’m just curious who on the current roster is the next victim…

Which teams utilize the 10-13 players in a game? none that i have seen, games are short and winning is most important, noboby plays a bench player that is not as effective as as the top 7 or 8, it justs doesnt happen, players transfer for a lot of different reasons from all teams, slu had benefited from transfers in as much or more than transfers out. lets not let logic stope the ford hate train from rolling

47 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

This is why a few people may be tired of how Travis uses his bench.  Many people want to question the success some players have once they leave SLU, but there are some that move on that you wish they had stayed.  Not everyone that transfers out was going to be a contributor down the road but man it seems like there’s always one or two you wish Travis had utilized more to keep them around.  I’m just curious who on the current roster is the next victim…

It takes a special kind of DB to find fault with the coach in every thread. To borrow your own words… we get it. 

AGB91 and dennis_w like this

On 2/10/2023 at 12:45 PM, DOC said:

It takes a special kind of DB to find fault with the coach in every thread. To borrow your own words… we get it. 

Actually I like Travis, and think Ford can win consistently here—but he is not a X’s and O’s Guy.  He can’t seem to have a answer when the opposition counters. He gets stuck with one rotation, and one plan.  If he could adapt a little bit, he could have Creighton type success.  Unfortunately he is who he is and it’s NIT level coaching at best.  It takes a special kind of DB to sit back and accept mediocrity.

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

clags let's not forget we brought in spoon and H and donnie dobbs.   that is a big lift for you.   who is going to be our H, dobbs and most importantly, spoon?

VeniceMenace likes this

2 hours ago, dennis_w said:

A lot of hate for a guy who says he like coach ford, this is old guy and cbfan level of hate. Have not heard from cbfan in a bit, a guess he gave it up

of course he likes ford.   ford sat back and let banger's real favorite team, mi$$ouri fly right by us.  now he can come out of the closet and harrass us. 

4 hours ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Actually I like Travis, and think Ford can win consistently here—but he is not a X’s and O’s Guy.  He can’t seem to have an answer when the opposition counters. He gets stuck with one rotation, and one plan.  If he could adapt a little bit, he could have Creighton type success.  Unfortunately he is who he is and it’s NIT level coaching at best.  It takes a special kind of DB to sit back and accept mediocrity.

You’re on a constant fire Ford loop. If you insist on posting non-stop at least bring something to the table other than dump Ford. You disrupt the flow of threads that have nothing to do with your only subject matter. We get it. 
btw… we’re all frustrated with the coach. Some want him fired while others don’t. Then there are those of us who believe it’s a useless topic because it’s not going to happen. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to hammer your opinion relentlessly is plain annoying. Be better. I’d actually like to hear what else you have to say. 

1 minute ago, DOC said:

You’re on a constant fire Ford loop. If you insist on posting non-stop at least bring something to the table other than dump Ford. You disrupt the flow of threads that have nothing to do with your only subject matter. We get it. 
btw… we’re all frustrated with the coach. Some want him fired while others don’t. Then there are those of us who believe it’s a useless topic because it’s not going to happen. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to hammer your opinion relentlessly is plain annoying. Be better. I’d actually like to hear what else you have to say. 

If people are quiet, people unfortunately don’t notice.  You can be quiet with your wallet, but you can be vocal online too.  Dr Chaifetz has been vocal online lately. Something is happening.

34 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

If people are quiet, people unfortunately don’t notice.  You can be quiet with your wallet, but you can be vocal online too.  Dr Chaifetz has been vocal online lately. Something is happening.

I didn’t say anything about your feelings. You have every right to them. Nobody said to be quiet. I explicitly said everyone is entitled to their opinion. What I said is quit saying it over and over and over just because you can. If you’re going to post incessantly you need to pick up your game cuz it’s past getting old. And don’t start making stuff up. You have been vocal online, Dr. Chaifetz stated the same disappointment that we all share. Big difference. 

cgeldmacher and AGB91 like this

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to post this, but Carte’are got himself in some more trouble. I was wondering why he wasn’t in the lineup the last few games for Grambling. He and three football players ‘invaded’ a residence hall and beat two people with a pistol over some money dispute. I couldn’t find anything about him being suspended. Curious to see what will come if this. Kid could’ve made a new life for himself, but it seems he just can’t get out of his own way.

https://hbcugameday.com/2023/03/07/grambling-state-athletes-arrested-accused-of-invading-dorm-with-gun/

4 minutes ago, philliken said:

I hate to post this, but Carte’are got himself in some more trouble. I was wondering why he wasn’t in the lineup the last few games for Grambling. He and three football players ‘invaded’ a residence hall and beat two people with a pistol over some money dispute. I couldn’t find anything about him being suspended. Curious to see what will come if this. Kid could’ve made a new life for himself, but it seems he just can’t get out of his own way.

https://hbcugameday.com/2023/03/07/grambling-state-athletes-arrested-accused-of-invading-dorm-with-gun/

wow. 

definitely seems to be going down the wrong path.   always amazes me when people are given a golden opportunity with multiple second chance and they keep messing up.