Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Looking at the website, J Perkins, playing for Portsmouth Partnership, scored 2 points, played 9 minutes. 

Camara had a nice game  17 points, 4 boards.

Interesting, the website doesn’t show Perkins name for me 

33 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Interesting, the website doesn’t show Perkins name for me 

Did you go to Team Box Score?  That's where I picked him up.

And ah, I picked up only the first half stats.  Perkins now 4 points in 21 minutes, 2 of 5 shooting, 0-2 from 3 and 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 steal.  

Camara up to 27 points and 8 boards.  

13 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Did you go to Team Box Score?  That's where I picked him up.

And ah, I picked up only the first half stats.  Perkins now 4 points in 21 minutes, 2 of 5 shooting, 0-2 from 3 and 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 steal.  

Camara up to 27 points and 8 boards.  

Yep just triple checked, nothing.

I was at the game. Perkins primarily played the end of the 1st quarter and the entire 3rd quarter. He didn't miss anything in warmups, but missed two threes when things mattered. He actually had a tip-in off an Oboard and a steal followed by a floater in the lane (3 things I never saw him do at SLU). He still showed decently. Camara was the best player on the court in the 2nd game. Hunter Tyson was the best player in the first game along with Tyger Campbell.

His team actually tried to run an offense (high ball screen/pick n roll/create but that put Perkins in the corner most of the time watching.

The tourney is quite the experience with NBA and Euro teams personnel out the wazoo.

I ran into Javonte before the game and wished him luck. I asked about Yuri showing up to watch but he said his flight was delayed. I also asked about the coaches coming for support but he said they weren't. I'm disappointed in that...A Grant was there for Camara...B Hurley there for his ASU player. Liberty coach their for their PG. Too many assistants to keep track of. We have two dudes and not even an assistant can go? Bad look in my opinion. Perkins mentioned he saw A Grant as well.

Perkins now plays at 3:15 tomorrow. Yuri plays tomorrow at 7:00, but I'm not going to go watch him dribble around in circles...I do believe the games are streamed for you out of town folk though.

1 hour ago, 757billiken said:

I was at the game. Perkins primarily played the end of the 1st quarter and the entire 3rd quarter. He didn't miss anything in warmups, but missed two threes when things mattered. He actually had a tip-in off an Oboard and a steal followed by a floater in the lane (3 things I never saw him do at SLU). He still showed decently. Camara was the best player on the court in the 2nd game. Hunter Tyson was the best player in the first game along with Tyger Campbell.

His team actually tried to run an offense (high ball screen/pick n roll/create but that put Perkins in the corner most of the time watching.

The tourney is quite the experience with NBA and Euro teams personnel out the wazoo.

I ran into Javonte before the game and wished him luck. I asked about Yuri showing up to watch but he said his flight was delayed. I also asked about the coaches coming for support but he said they weren't. I'm disappointed in that...A Grant was there for Camara...B Hurley there for his ASU player. Liberty coach their for their PG. Too many assistants to keep track of. We have two dudes and not even an assistant can go? Bad look in my opinion. Perkins mentioned he saw A Grant as well.

Perkins now plays at 3:15 tomorrow. Yuri plays tomorrow at 7:00, but I'm not going to go watch him dribble around in circles...I do believe the games are streamed for you out of town folk though.

Appreciate the update. Good stuff. But we’re down a key Coach right now so we need all hands on deck getting these final recruits that are instrumental in our success next year. If you’re insinuating Perkins was as pissed as you at Ford for not being there then Perkins can eat ship. Ford has done nothing but support Perkins. 

He wasn't angry at all. I was just disappointed. Maybe someone will show up later in the weekend. We both kind of chuckled about it. I get the recruiting piece.  I also think getting 2 guys into the PIT is another sellable recruiting asset. Also a good opportunity to network NBA/Euro scouts/teams/etc. 

DOC likes this

7 hours ago, 757billiken said:

He wasn't angry at all. I was just disappointed. Maybe someone will show up later in the weekend. We both kind of chuckled about it. I get the recruiting piece.  I also think getting 2 guys into the PIT is another sellable recruiting asset. Also a good opportunity to network NBA/Euro scouts/teams/etc. 

Flights and hotels cost money.  Any money spent on those things comes from somewhere and takes away from using that money on something else (NIL funds).  I'd rather have the coaches concentrating their efforts on guys who could play for us next year than an entire tournament full of guys who cannot.

7 hours ago, 757billiken said:

I also want to add that it is awesome that you went to see our guys play (assuming you will catch a Yuri game as well).  Thanks for taking the time to support our guys.

almaman likes this

16 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Yuri with 10 assists, but a bad shooting night 

Yuri, 4 points on 1 of 8 shooting, 0-3 from the arc, 2 -2 FT, 26 minutes.  Team lost.

Earlier game, Perkins 10 points on 4 of 6 shooting, 1 of 3 from the arc, 1 for 1 FT, 2 minutes.  Team won.

9 hours ago, thetorch said:

Jimmy Bell is working out with the West Virginia football team as an offensive tackle in spring practices.

Awesome. WV Spring Game is on 4/22. Might have to stream that one to see if he gets in. HC Neal Brown and our HC share Kentucky roots. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Johnny deserves some minutes Saturday imo

• 4 weeks later...

There’s a GoFundMe for Hasahn French to help make ends meet while he’s recovering from his knee injuries.

Its sad that pro players have to rely on help when injured. Hope he has a speedy recovery and can get back on the court.

Really makes you realize these guys aren’t rolling in it even when they go overseas.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/saint-louis-biliken-legend-hasahn-french?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campaign=p_email%2B2300-co-team-welcome

stmdragons likes this