Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

36 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Can you go pro while required to wear an ankle monitor?

There are several pro leagues in countries without extradition treaties with the US.  Could be Carteare's only hope.  He could be a big star in Iran.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

STL standup 

Priestley is from East Side.  Lincoln Parish must think this all flyover country and we are from the same town.

8 hours ago, thetorch said:

There are several pro leagues in countries without extradition treaties with the US.  Could be Carteare's only hope.  He could be a big star in Iran.

Just because a country does not have an extradition treaty with the USA doesn’t mean you can’t get him. Unless the guy has money to pay bribes he can fin himself on a fast jet back. No treaty only means there is no agreement to send people back. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 8:51 PM, juniorbill76 said:

I was curious about what Hasahn French is doing now and found that he appears to be playing for the Newcastle Eagles in the U.K. 

https://www.eurobasket.com/United-Kingdom/news/798662/British-BBL-round-21-best-performance:-Hasahn-French

I wish he was playing in London so I could make a Werewolves of London joke.

38 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

He attempted one his first season, missed it, and didn't try another in his SLU career.

Well you are probably right but I sure thought I remember him making it.  I tried to look it up but I am not having any luck accessing that info.

41 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Well you are probably right but I sure thought I remember him making it.  I tried to look it up but I am not having any luck accessing that info.

you sure you arent thinking of the power forward for crews last team reggie agbeko (sp?)  i seem to remember he hit a 3 his last game.  

On 3/27/2023 at 4:06 PM, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I wish he was playing in London so I could make a Werewolves of London joke.

I'm Jelly, Newcastle is one of my favorite spots. 

Copied from a write up on Portsmouth attendees:

Javonte Perkins, 6’6”, St. Louis, Scoring Wing

During the 2020-2021 season, Javonte Perkins was one of the most potent three-level scorers in the country. He scored 17.1 PPG, hit 37.6% of his threes, hit 38.1% of his jumpers inside the arc (often tough ones, many at the end of the clock), and he made 58.7% of his shots at the basket. Unfortunately, an injury robbed him of his follow-up campaign. This past year, Perkins performed well, but only scored 10.9 PPG on 42.0/36.1/81.5 splits, a step back from where he’d been before. Still, NBA teams always want shooters and guys who can get their own shot. If Perkins rounds back into form at the right time, there could be a path for him to work his way back into NBA consideration down the road.

Yuri Collins, 6’0”, St. Louis, Table Setting Point Guard

If I was an agent, I’d be praying that any players I had in the PIT get assigned to be on the same team as Yuri Collins. He’s led the NCAA in assists each of the past two seasons. Collins is a creative distributor with a polished handle and clean footwork, enabling him to get two feet inside the paint and dish the rock from there. He’s a stellar pull-up shooter in that part of the court, too, hitting 44.8% of his dribble jumpers inside the arc, per Synergy. Despite his lack of size, Collins does play with a competitive spirit defensively and earned two Atlantic-10 All-Defense selections. Though he gets into the paint consistently, he’s a poor rim finish in the halfcourt (43.6% per Synergy), and he’s never been a great three-point shooter (career 32.9% on 1.4/game). Collins doesn’t offer much off the ball, and in the NBA, you have to be really great to play with the ball a lot. Collins’s best bet to make a mark in Portsmouth is to get hot from three while showing he can hang on defense.

BuiltFordBills likes this