Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

He had a hard time overseas.  Injuries, inconsistent play and then was released before the season was over.  He did play in the TBT but I think his team only played 1 or 2 games and his PT was sparse.  His acting and modeling may be more lucrative than playing overseas or at least less of a headache.  I don't think he is good enough for the G league.  I would imagine he will continue his career somewhere.  He frankly would be perfect for a lower Asian league or a smaller Nordic league.  They value undersized big men.

It appears he found success in the Slovenian League, although less so in the international Adriatic league that his team also competed in.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Compton said:

It appears he found success in the Slovenian League, although less so in the international Adriatic league that his team also competed in.

During the season I translated an article that said his coach was disappointed with his at one point 1-18 FT shooting. He was not a fit in the Adriatic league which his team was trying to maintain their qualification for.  He gave up several inches to most of the big men in that league, including Willie Reed, who beat him up in their matchup.

10 hours ago, thetorch said:

During the season I translated an article that said his coach was disappointed with his at one point 1-18 FT shooting. He was not a fit in the Adriatic league which his team was trying to maintain their qualification for.  He gave up several inches to most of the big men in that league, including Willie Reed, who beat him up in their matchup.

-wow

10 hours ago, thetorch said:

at one point 1-18 FT shooting. 

There's just no f*ck!ng excuse for being this bad at free throw shooting. 1-18 over any sample size is unacceptable. 

My grandmother would make 1-18 free throws. The only explanation I can believe is lack of effective practicing - this should be muscle memory by now and that alone would get him to >50%.  

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

There's just no f*ck!ng excuse for being this bad at free throw shooting. 1-18 over any sample size is unacceptable. 

My grandmother would make 1-18 free throws. The only explanation I can believe is lack of effective practicing - this should be muscle memory by now and that alone would get him to >50%.  

It's Steve Sax all over again.  Who knows what triggers it?  Here's the scouting report on French in high school:

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3482

French had the highest motor I saw over the weekend. The kid literally never stops and owns the paint even at 6-foot-7. French has the potential to be an excellent glue guy at the next level and a player his teammates will love to go to battle with. French can step out and shoot the basketball a bit. The lefty is a decent mid-range shooter and slasher, but is best served by causing havoc under the hoop. French is a very strong forward that bullies people inside on both ends of the floor. 

49 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

It's Steve Sax all over again.  Who knows what triggers it?  Here's the scouting report on French in high school:

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3482

French had the highest motor I saw over the weekend. The kid literally never stops and owns the paint even at 6-foot-7. French has the potential to be an excellent glue guy at the next level and a player his teammates will love to go to battle with. French can step out and shoot the basketball a bit. The lefty is a decent mid-range shooter and slasher, but is best served by causing havoc under the hoop. French is a very strong forward that bullies people inside on both ends of the floor. 

bullseye.

16 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Wow, the greatest postseason performer I’ve ever seen live taking a picture with Lebron James

I'd like to think they got to run together and TI saved LeBron's a$$ with some big 4th-quarter buckets ala Kyrie/Ray Allen  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those wondering where current D1 former SLU players are:

Jordan Nesbitt - Hampton

Lassina Traore - Long Beach State

Andre Lorentsson - Toledo

Jimmy Bell Jr. - West Virginia

KC Hankton - Chattanooga

Demarius Jacobs - Ball State

Mickey Pearson - Ball State

Phil Russell - SEMO

Madani Diarra - Bowling Green

Carte'are Gordon - Grambling

Rashad Williams - Arkansas - Pine Bluff

Pistol likes this

Just now, Compton said:

Jordan Nesbitt - Hampton

KC Hankton - Chattanooga

Phil Russell - SEMO

A few notables:

JBJ started for West Virginia, only played 12 minutes without scoring but pulled down 7 rebounds.

Basile had 13 points and 12 rebounds for Long Beach last night.

Pine Bluff lost by one to 14th ranked TCU but Rashad didn’t play.

35 minutes ago, Compton said:

Jordan Nesbitt - Hampton

KC Hankton - Chattanooga

Phil Russell - SEMO

-nicely played!

36 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

A few notables:

JBJ started for West Virginia, only played 12 minutes without scoring but pulled down 7 rebounds.

Basile had 13 points and 12 rebounds for Long Beach last night.

Pine Bluff lost by one to 14th ranked TCU but Rashad didn’t play.

Jacobs had 19 points, and our good friend mickey had 13 and 13 all for ball state

Also Lorentsson played 14 min with no points