Tanner Lancona

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And to think, Leonardo DiCaprio got bored with that.

i have said for years leonardo seems to me to be a little light.

I feel like MB73 ( just kidding, <_<), but it can't be understated how important it was to get Agbeko and Lancona signed. Now SLU have several options for the last spot. Hopefully SLU can "force" one of them to decide this week and SLU can wrap up this class.

At this point I'd like a transfer over a freshman, but I'd also be very happy with Onwuasor.

BIGS are the key and these two are just what the doctor ordered. Crews far exceeded expectations with these two legit talented BIGS, 3*'s with somewhat different styles. We are now back on track talent wise with a well rounded roster. After losing Ellis and Remekun, and with Evans and Loe going after next year, it was critical.

Sure, we need to recruit a guard this year and another one or two next yr, but they are easier to come by...

BIGS are the key and these two are just what the doctor ordered. Crews far exceeded expectations with these two legit talented BIGS, 3*'s with somewhat different styles. We are now back on track talent wise with a well rounded roster. After losing Ellis and Remekun, and with Evans and Loe going after next year, it was critical.

Sure, we need to recruit a guard this year and another one or two next yr, but they are easier to come by...

Everyone refers to RA as a #3 (same with TL). Just because they can shoot from the arc, it doesn't seem to make them 3s, Given the size and rebounding ability of both of them, they seem to be just as qualified to be considerred 4s as 3s, if not we are hurting for 4s after this year.

Everyone refers to RA as a #3 (same with TL). Just because they can shoot from the arc, it doesn't seem to make them 3s, Given the size and rebounding ability of both of them, they seem to be just as qualified to be considerred 4s as 3s, if not we are hurting for 4s after this year.

if it wasnt for dwight, i say we would be hurting for "4's" now (yeah i know he is a 3. think what you want. he is our best in the lane player on both ends of the floor).

loe is still soft, glaze still doesnt have a high basketball iq and manning has no consistent track record. i think our two recruited "bigs" reggie and tanner, have a chance to play and contribute a lot from day one. i hope our existing "bigs" get busy this summer. we need them badly now.

Pretty sure he called him a 3 star recruit not a small forward 3.

Pretty sure MB was referring to them as 3-star players, not the 3-position.

Both of these guys will play the 4. If either has feet quick enough to guard the 3, we've just recruited our next NBA player. I wouldn't be surprised to see us play them both together as bigs with RA as the 5 or inside 4

Pretty sure MB was referring to them as 3-star players, not the 3-position.

Correct.

3* = 3 stars: recruiting ratings.

On the court, I assume they are both "4's" that can both play the "5" and maybe a little "3" here and there, possibly, depending upon the match ups.

Again, thrilled that we got these two. We now are deep again with diverse styled, talented, legit bigs.

Pretty sure he called him a 3 star recruit not a small forward 3.

I thought he play more of 4-5 position. He is 6'8 and averages a double/double in HS. Also more of in the paint type player.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/agbeko-signs-letter-of-intent-with-slu/article_3630b029-5027-5ef5-b4f3-feaef313fe84.html

Crawford would be more of a 3.

In addition to my other post in the 110-page recruiting thread gushing about Agbeko and Lancona playing together, the addition of those two to the roster should do wonders for the development of Manning and Glaze, and will open things up more for Loe his senior year. There are now plenty of big bodies in practice for those guys to develop against legitimate size and strength. Manning has a nice mid-range shot and Lancona has Ellis range, so it will help to have physical rebounders like Glaze and Agbeko down low. We basically now have 5 bigs, all of whom bring something a little different to the table- and it helps that the freshmen look more talented than any bigs we've signed in a long time right out of the gate.

Man, if only we can land Onwuasor this would look like an extremely complete, well-assembled roster. All the pieces seem to complement one another. This team has a lot of potential and may surprise people who thought (rightfully so) that Mitchell and Ellis would be tough to replace.

Perhaps this has already been addressed, but I don't think anyone has been thinking of either Agbeko or Lancona as 3s. MB73 was saying that they are 3-star recruits — "3*."

I stumbled onto this little gem. Check out the comments from the bitter BYU fan. Funny stuff. "Majerk" ? (roy should have come up with that one). I love it how RM is still in the heads of BYU fans. What a bunch of freaks out there...

http://www.sltrib.com/pages/comments?cid=56266473

Maybe TL just didn't want to take a year off to do a mission to Tanzania or some other Godforsaken hellhole.

I stumbled onto this little gem. Check out the comments from the bitter BYU fan. Funny stuff. "Majerk" ? (roy should have come up with that one). I love it how RM is still in the heads of BYU fans. What a bunch of freaks out there...

http://www.sltrib.com/pages/comments?cid=56266473

It's like the Alabama - Auburn thing. Just with more teeth.

On larry72's "missionary" comment, not all these missions are out of country. I live one mile from an LDS outlet (can't call them all "Temples" because according to my Utah friends, the temples are the bigger, regional places like the "Temple" in DC towering off the beltway near Georgia Avenue and other places) and many times over these past 20 years, I've had stubble-faced, late teen-age kids with the "Elder" name tag on them come knocking on my door working the conversion routes. Also, kids from around the country can come to Salt Lake and do their missions there --- this is where the best looking and most personable of the bunch end up as tour guides on Temple/Tabernacle grounds doing recruiting once again.

Everyone is going to rationalize and make up whatever excuse fits their bill when they are the rejected party. MaJerk was what I think all those NOT associated with UofU called Rick while he was out there. It's the equivalent of Methdale and Mi$$ou. Who cares. We win, they lose. We do the same thing all the time when we are the rejected suitor. I would think every school has some sort of negative issue associated with it to get over.

So far, I am pleasantly pleased. My choice for the final spot is Onwuasor. A 6'3" PG has to be an advantage over our "under 6'" group of KM, MM, JJ and AM. And while those guys are/were great, those extra three inches would at first seem an equalizer when match up against a 6'5" Khalid Wyatt type, no? Fo rme, Saintil would be plan B, and if not this year, how about next? Then we could land a transfer and let him sit a year.

As I said, pleased, but not naive enough to think press clippings make the player. Lacona could be Cody Ellis, or he could be Ross Varner. Crawford could be Scott Highmark or he could be Dustin Maguire. Agbeko? Anthony Bonner or Va'shun Newbourne. You just never know until the string plays out. Right now, I see them all on the plus side. And Onwuasor? Josh Fisher/Charlie Newberry or Cory Frazier/Randy Pulley.

Look sgood. Time will tell the truth however. Still wish this were October right now.

On larry72's "missionary" comment, not all these missions are out of country. I live one mile from an LDS outlet (can't call them all "Temples" because according to my Utah friends, the temples are the bigger, regional places like the "Temple" in DC towering off the beltway near Georgia Avenue and other places) and many times over these past 20 years, I've had stubble-faced, late teen-age kids with the "Elder" name tag on them come knocking on my door working the conversion routes. Also, kids from around the country can come to Salt Lake and do their missions there --- this is where the best looking and most personable of the bunch end up as tour guides on Temple/Tabernacle grounds doing recruiting once again.

Everyone is going to rationalize and make up whatever excuse fits their bill when they are the rejected party. MaJerk was what I think all those NOT associated with UofU called Rick while he was out there. It's the equivalent of Methdale and Mi$$ou. Who cares. We win, they lose. We do the same thing all the time when we are the rejected suitor. I would think every school has some sort of negative issue associated with it to get over.

Look sgood. Time will tell the truth however. Still wish this were October right now.

+1

So far, I am pleasantly pleased. My choice for the final spot is Onwuasor. A 6'3" PG has to be an advantage over our "under 6'" group of KM, MM, JJ and AM. And while those guys are/were great, those extra three inches would at first seem an equalizer when match up against a 6'5" Khalid Wyatt type, no? Fo rme, Saintil would be plan B, and if not this year, how about next? Then we could land a transfer and let him sit a year.

As I said, pleased, but not naive enough to think press clippings make the player. Lacona could be Cody Ellis, or he could be Ross Varner. Crawford could be Scott Highmark or he could be Dustin Maguire. Agbeko? Anthony Bonner or Va'shun Newbourne. You just never know until the string plays out. Right now, I see them all on the plus side. And Onwuasor? Josh Fisher/Charlie Newberry or Cory Frazier/Randy Pulley.

We do need a big guard to handle players like Wyatt or the kid from Xavier, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a point guard. MM and KM have done quite well offensively and defensively against bigger guards. I have pointed to Femi John, a 2/3, as the type of player to slow down players the opposing 6-4 scorer. More likely it would be a 2 guard to get that defensive assignment, that's why I am a proponent of the Nova transfer.

Fyi ESPN lists Tanner at 6'7 not 6'9. Im hoping 6'9 is correct.

The ESPN website is notorious for inaccuracies because it creates theses statistics re the players during their junior year or earlier and they often do not update anything, particularly re the height and weight and the schools who are interested. I would just ignore those stats and go with the more recent information.

So a little poll. I would like to know, if we could have Nolan Berry instead of Tanner, who would you take? For me, I say Tanner. Bigger , looks more aggressive and probably just as good of a shooter. And I like how he goes to the basket!