Tanner Lancona

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is a more seminal movie in American cinema show me. and I don't mean in anyway in terms of quality. But think back old timers when you walked out of that movie when first run like it or not, you could say you'd never seen anything like that before with no hyperbole. Now half movies out there are derived from it.

I can remember exactly when and where I saw that movie: My senior year, living in Lewis Hall, and me and my 6-years-older-than-me girlfriend drove out to the Northwest Plaza Cine for opening night. And we knew that we'd just seen one of the funniest movies ever made.

I can remember exactly when and where I saw that movie: My senior year, living in Lewis Hall, and me and my 6-years-older-than-me girlfriend drove out to the Northwest Plaza Cine for opening night. And we knew that we'd just seen one of the funniest movies ever made.

Ive never met a male who doesnt think its funny.

I have met a lot of females who dont think its veryfunny.

It a movie that will be funny 30 years from now. Doesnt matter if you are 13 or 93. Its also one of the more quoted movie. Plus it shows boobies.

Sorry for the excited outlook on RA but unlike most of you on this board I have been watching him for awhile now way before SLU ever offered. The LBJ description is not a far cry from where he is headed. His quickness for his size is what I find amazing. Best of all is he is a fast learner who improves everytime you see him play. Keep an eye on him because Crews and staff know exactly what they got.

RA has handed every 5-Star player he has faced their head. I personally believe that as subjective as that rating is RA is a 5-star player who did not make the grade because he played in Buffalo and only hit the rating system in June of 2011. His AAU track record is what got him to South Kent School and not to mention a little delay in getting him ncaa qualified. The rest is history. NBA?...just watch! If you think he is just a 4 then you are in for a surprise.

Is this cool aide or is this real? I love your comments and the highlight videos on Tanner. As others have stated he looks like a more athletic version of Cody. I think he will play right away, in part because of his skill set and in part because of the offensive hole that Cody left behind. He also fits our system like a glove. We should just keep in mind that Tanner is a rookie who has been playing against smaller and slower competition - Though your comments about him against top high school players is very encouraging. To succeed, he will not just need his offensive skills, but need to learn where to be on the floor and anticipate what is going to happen next, especially when playing defense. Just a hair late, a little confused or a little fatigued and you pick up a foul. One foul quickly becomes 2 and you are watching the rest of the first half from the bench.

Maybe you have seen a lot of his defensive play and think he will be good from the start and if that is true… Awesome!!! I am really looking forward to both of these new big men as I think we are going to love watching them play Billiken basketball for years.

It’s a great time to be a Billiken fan!

Sorry for the excited outlook on RA but unlike most of you on this board I have been watching him for awhile now way before SLU ever offered. The LBJ description is not a far cry from where he is headed. His quickness for his size is what I find amazing. Best of all is he is a fast learner who improves everytime you see him play. Keep an eye on him because Crews and staff know exactly what they got.

RA has handed every 5-Star player he has faced their head. I personally believe that as subjective as that rating is RA is a 5-star player who did not make the grade because he played in Buffalo and only hit the rating system in June of 2011. His AAU track record is what got him to South Kent School and not to mention a little delay in getting him ncaa qualified. The rest is history. NBA?...just watch! If you think he is just a 4 then you are in for a surprise.

You've obviously seen more than most of us ..... However,

To play the 3, he'll have to guard the 3. If he has feet quick enough to do that he is an absolute NBA player regardless of skill, as it's generally about athleticism.

His ball handling isn't great. It may be great for a 6'9" 240 lb player but in the A10 he'd be guarding and playing against 6'4" 200 pound guys that he won't beat off the dribble. He looks a little uneasy putting the ball on the floor going to the right.

We'll see. I am extremely excited to have him and think he'll be very good whether he's ever able to play the 3 or not.

You've obviously seen more than most of us ..... However,

To play the 3, he'll have to guard the 3. If he has feet quick enough to do that he is an absolute NBA player regardless of skill, as it's generally about athleticism.

His ball handling isn't great. It may be great for a 6'9" 240 lb player but in the A10 he'd be guarding and playing against 6'4" 200 pound guys that he won't beat off the dribble. He looks a little uneasy putting the ball on the floor going to the right.

We'll see. I am extremely excited to have him and think he'll be very good whether he's ever able to play the 3 or not.

I don't disagree with your overall assessment, but why would he have to guard the 3 if he plays the 3?

I don't disagree with your overall assessment, but why would he have to guard the 3 if he plays the 3?

So then who will? If you're playing the 3 and not guarding either the 1, 2, or 3 ... there would have to be someone more capable at the 4 or 5 on the floor. I doubt that happens

He better be a lottery pick in 2014. You set this as my expectation.

I am really impressed with both recruits. High athletiscm, which is something our front court has needed since WR departed. However, from the video I have seen, I would be surprised if either of these guys are taller than 6'7". That really isn't a bad thing, they do not need to be 6'9" to compete in the A10 with our system and guard play.

I am really impressed with both recruits. High athletiscm, which is something our front court has needed since WR departed. However, from the video I have seen, I would be surprised if either of these guys are taller than 6'7". That really isn't a bad thing, they do not need to be 6'9" to compete in the A10 with our system and guard play.

https://twitter.com/tjlancona/status/328236158343581696/photo/1

Tanner looks at least as tall as 6'8" Ellis in this pic

What about the Big East? That is hopefully where we will be playing!

So then who will? If you're playing the 3 and not guarding either the 1, 2, or 3 ... there would have to be someone more capable at the 4 or 5 on the floor. I doubt that happens

grady might have a chance of guarding a 3, but playing a 4 at the other end. And if we end up with some 6'6"-6'7" tweeners, it could happen there as well. Not likely, but not out of the realm of possibility.