Tanner Lancona

Even though I am a De Smet grad, I would definitely take Lacona. He seems much more physical and aggressive. He also seems more versatile.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Berry is a local player, grandson of the most decorated Billiken of all time. He was more highly touted and more highly recruited than Lancona. He put up better high school stats, and took his team to the State Championship game.

Berry would've been an outstanding get for SLU and that doesn't take away from anything about Tanner Lancona. But I think it's silly to say Lancona seems more aggressive and physical based off a video that his dad put up showing only highlights. The biggest knock on Lancona's game so far is that he is not physical or assertive enough, based on reports.

I'm very excited for Lancona and think he will have a good career. Just my opinion.

Hopefully they can dual it out on the court in the NBE.

Nolan Berry and it's not even that close.

I haven't seen either kid play, as I've been negligent in attending DeSmet games the past 5 years or so. Still, I'd rather have Berry, and I don't think that statement has to be considered to be a slight to Lancona. I am excited to have Tanner on board.

Berry is a local player, grandson of the most decorated Billiken of all time. He was more highly touted and more highly recruited than Lancona. He put up better high school stats, and took his team to the State Championship game.

Berry would've been an outstanding get for SLU and that doesn't take away from anything about Tanner Lancona. But I think it's silly to say Lancona seems more aggressive and physical based off a video that his dad put up showing only highlights. The biggest knock on Lancona's game so far is that he is not physical or assertive enough, based on reports.

I'm very excited for Lancona and think he will have a good career. Just my opinion.

How many times have you seen Berry play?

Nolan has dropped in the rating services. ESPN grades him as a 77. Scout has him as a 3 star recruit. Seems like they are rated about equal.

Even after dropping Nolan is still rather higher by all three major services. Though obviously those ratings need be taken with a grain of salt.

You weren't impressed? What big men have you seem play who seemed better to you?

I might be mistaken, but I think AlumniFan was just being a bit facetious in his remark. My guess is he knew you'd seen Berry play a bunch of times and was obviously going to state that Berry is better.

Good thing you didn't have to spell "duel" on the ACT

Simple question. I'd rather have Lancona b/c he wanted to be a Billiken where Berry did not.

It is very obvious that RM sensed that and quickly moved on to other players. RM was not going to change his philosophy or ignore his instincts no matter if kid is a local and the grandson of our greatest Billiken ever. If Berry wanted to be a Billiken, he could have committed and a scholarship would have been available for him.