Tanner Lancona

Welcome Tanner Lancona

I am sure this is all buried in the monster thread somewhere, but I think a new commitment deserves his own threat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ-nj4NPiT

Tanner is 6-9, 230 pounds, and initially signed with Washington State in the fall before his scholarship was released because the Cougars were over their limit of 13.

Lancona is considered a three-star prospect by most recruiting services, and averaged 19 points and eight rebounds as a senior at Tesoro High School. He is capable of scoring inside, shooting from the perimeter and making crisp passes.

Congratulations to the coaching staff!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent!

A legit 3* BIG with some muscle at 230lbs, 6'8" or so, some length, can run, looks like an smooth athletic player that can also shoot the "3".

SO we have two high potential bigs coming in this fall, Lancona and Agbeko. Outf*ckingstanding.

Accumulating multiple BIGS is a difference-maker that Majerus brought us, taught us, now Crews has done his job, too. Exceeded my expectations in this short time as a true head coach. Excellent recruiting.

I am starting to like the Crews hire even more... hey, a guy with valuable long term MVC experience, knows the game as well as most anybody.

Excellent!

A legit 3* BIG with some muscle at 230lbs, 6'8" or so, some length, can run, looks like an smooth athletic player that can also shoot the "3".

SO we have two high potential bigs coming in this fall with Lancona and Agbeko. Outf*ckingstanding.

Multiple BIGS are the difference that Majerus brought us, taught us, now Crews has done his job, too. Exceeded my expectations in this short time as a true head coach. Excellent recruiting.

I am starting to like the Crews hire even more... hey, a guy with valuable long term MVC experience, knows the game as well as most anybody.

Lancona and Agbeko look like great complements to each other. Pick your poison, let Agbeko dominate you down low or let Lancona beat you outside.

Lancona looks like a more physical CE at this point in their respective careers.

Tanner looks like he was born to play in our system. This link shows a wider range of skills.

1:08 - that's taking it to the fuoking rack.
2:16 - i like how the kid he just ran over has a fractured skull, and tanner's like COUNT IT.
2:50 - i'd wager that none of our current guys could make this look that easy. lancona can. and agbeko sure as fuok will.
kids got a great lefty stroke from distance, obviously. looks like cody on ROIDS to me. color me pumped.

That's an impressive video. He more ability to attack the basket from the 3 point line than either Cody or Rob as freshman, hell maybe even today. He catches well on the run with very good footwork. His shot form looks good from 3 and in one sequence he put the ball on the floor and pulled up from 12 feet for a nice little jumper. His feet probably aren't quick enough to defend the 3, but he certainly looks to have 3 guard skills at 6'8" or 9". I absolutely love this kid from what I've seen.

That's an impressive video. He more ability to attack the basket from the 3 point line than either Cody or Rob as freshman, hell maybe even today. He catches well on the run with very good footwork. His shot form looks good from 3 and in one sequence he put the ball on the floor and pulled up from 12 feet for a nice little jumper. His feet probably aren't quick enough to defend the 3, but he certainly looks to have 3 guard skills at 6'8" or 9". I absolutely love this kid from what I've seen.

yeah, he really looks like he can do it all. not a freak athlete, but that's about the only deficiency i see. defense will be an unknown, obviously, though i expect him to have plenty of work to do in that regard. he does have a tendency to blatantly "block" shots that have already hit the backboard, though he doesn't seem to get called for it either.

here's another video that shows him doing work against "The Brothers®1". in case anyone was worried that he only eats white bread with the crusts cut off.

1Probably my favorite Rick-ism. Although I do like "three throws" a lot.

Tanner looks like he was born to play in our system. This link shows a wider range of skills.

This recruiting class is starting to look very, very good. TL is a great addition. He appears to really like taking the ball to the basket, but has a reasonably quick release from beyond the arc too. I like the way we look for the next four years!

Welcome Tanner!!!!