Welcome Josiah Dotzler!!!

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

If he was good enough for the Beast he’s good enough for the A10. 

I don’t know anything about Dotzler but I did look at his stats. He only got 77 minutes total last year, 28 min against Big East opponents. That’s not much exposure. He made 3 of 11 three pointers. He had 3 assists total. Let’s see what he does next season. 

Welcome Josiah! Best NE player his recruiting class on a very good HS team. I follow Creighton closely (med alum). His family is very involved in serving the Omaha community and brother played there. Surprised he transferred given his ties, but I think he saw playing time limited. They have the best BEast recruiting class/one of the best in the country and will be active in the transfer portal. I think he will fit in just fine here!

22 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I don’t know anything about Dotzler but I did look at his stats. He only got 77 minutes total last year, 28 min against Big East opponents. That’s not much exposure. He made 3 of 11 three pointers. He had 3 assists total. Let’s see what he does next season. 

With all due respect, what a pointless message this is

TRN, slufan13 and billikenfan05 like this

15 minutes ago, laker119 said:

With all due respect, what a pointless message this is

If you don’t care about his performance at Creighton, that’s fine. One or two may care about what he did last season. He pretty much has a clean slate coming here.
But thanks for your thoughtful feedback. 

30 minutes ago, BourbanStreet said:

Welcome Josiah! Best NE player his recruiting class on a very good HS team. I follow Creighton closely (med alum). His family is very involved in serving the Omaha community and brother played there. Surprised he transferred given his ties, but I think he saw playing time limited. They have the best BEast recruiting class/one of the best in the country and will be active in the transfer portal. I think he will fit in just fine here!

OT. Spent some time in Omaha earlier this month. That’s a very nice city. The zoo is top notch but very expensive. The soccer stadium, Schwab Field and CHI Health Arena are impressive. Walking across the MO River on the pedestrian bridge was a must do. 

23 hours ago, slufan13 said:

The now consistent use of 314 is 10000000000000000000000 times better than the use of team blue. So glad Schertz retired that immediately

Not exactly saying I claim responsibility, but I did talk to Schertz at the NIL fundraiser last Tuesday RE: the unique mascot we have and how much so many of us despised the Team Blue branding. He said how much he loved the Billiken and STL and planned to embrace it. 

I didn't take too much of it at the time but so far I'd say he's really sticking to this word.   

44 minutes ago, almaman said:

so mighty Lions of Lindenwood be 636, those pesky Cougars over Edwardsville way are 618rs?

Lindenwood athletics does market using the 636, believe it or not. 

On 4/23/2024 at 1:52 PM, billikenfan05 said:

Fiance

Is she somehow now affiliated with SLU?  Academic couples try to market themselves as a package deal, hoping to secure teaching jobs at the same institution. I wonder if that was in play here.  Not that it matters, but curious.  

3 hours ago, someoneelse said:

Is she somehow now affiliated with SLU?  Academic couples try to market themselves as a package deal, hoping to secure teaching jobs at the same institution. I wonder if that was in play here.  Not that it matters, but curious.  

No, they graduated high school together and are getting married this summer. So, she will be moving to St. Louis with Josiah.