Welcome Isaiah Swope!!

• crymdg2 changed the title to Welcome Isaiah Swope!!
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Nice! He can fill it up - during one of the NIT broadcasts, they mentioned he was going to get some work done on his knee in the offseason. Hopefully it is minor and he has a quick, full recovery.

Torn meniscus in left knee. Outpatient surgery most likely. 

Swope and Jimmer with Larry and Thames behind them is a winning collection of scoring 2/3 guards that should do well in the A10.   Avila and I guess Pikaar at the 4/5 with depth needing to come.

But where is the PG...this car needs a driver.   I wish Medley would have hung around. I know the thinking is now we can do better, hopefully that is true.

Either way this is a big get and Coach is off to a nice start. 

David King likes this

4 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Swope and Jimmer with Larry and Thames behind them is a winning collection of scoring 2/3 guards that should do well in the A10.   Avila and I guess Pikaar at the 4/5 with depth needing to come.

But where is the PG...this car needs a driver.   I wish Medley would have hung around. I know the thinking is now we can do better, hopefully that is true.

There are still 6 open scholarships.  But yes, still need rebounding, rim protection and someone to organize the offense.

Forget the 1-2-3-4-5 designations.  With 5 out you play ball.

mrjoelabs and Zink like this

3 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

We will have to have Old Guy weigh in on this to see what his recovery will be like.

I had it done a decade ago.  Mine was a complete meniscus tear.  I walked out same day of surgery and rehabbed for about a month before I was running again. 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/isaiah-swope-picks-slu-after-ranking-among-national-3-point-leaders/article_b48dff0c-00ac-11ef-8877-97646cbe35ad.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Surgery was 10 days ago

4th in the nation last season with 113 three pointers.

Played at Southern Indiana for two seasons before transferring to ISU.

14 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Robbie led Indiana State in assist percentage last season.  I'm not super worried about a traditional PG in the Yuri or Medley mold.  Just need a guard or guard(s) who can shoot well and pass well.  Schertz isn't going to have one guy initiating the offense every time down.

3 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

We need whatever Coach Schertz thinks we need. 

Exactly. He knows his system and what is needed.  Very similar to Majerus in constructing a roster to make the sum of the parts work together.

15 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/isaiah-swope-picks-slu-after-ranking-among-national-3-point-leaders/article_b48dff0c-00ac-11ef-8877-97646cbe35ad.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Surgery was 10 days ago

4th in the nation last season with 113 three pointers.

Played at Southern Indiana for two seasons before transferring to ISU.

Do we get 2 years of him or 1?  Not sure of being at the D2 (at the time he was there) changes the covid year rule etc..Or I guess as a junior he didn't play in the covid year unless he missed a season somewhere.