Avila NIL Deal with Chicago White Sox and others

Ain’t none of y’all have even mentioned Cecil Whittakers. The pride of SoCo. Back in the day, we got em sent to DeMatt after whatever Greek outing happened to be that night by the dozen. We had a pledge back in 01 who would take an XL, fold it over and eat it like a calzone. Man earned my respect that night. And an XL on college nights or college hours whatever it was cost $3.75. Worth every penny. 

RiseOfTheBillikens and Zink like this

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, willie said:

Aren’t have the residents of Naples from St Louis?

The other half being from Westchester County, NY. My in-laws retired there for half the year. Go to Vergina in old Naples and get the lobster ravioli. The best thing to happen to ravioli since they toasted it. 

On 4/30/2024 at 3:37 PM, billikenfan05 said:

When did the one on Watson close? HA

Pretty sure I got tetanus from one of the machines at Happy Joe's on Watson circa 2005.

When in the 314, I try to get Imo's.

A few years ago driving in the Hill Country west of Austin I saw a Food Truck with a sign for St. Louis style pizza.  So I stopped dude nailed it, I explained that I went to school in St. Louis. This guy very drug dealer like, explained to me that he could supply me with provel should I be so inclined.  I was not.  I bet that truck didn't last. The Detroit style pizza food truck, Via 313, has lasted and flourished that's like focaccia bread with pizza on top.

17 hours ago, jonny karate said:

Imos is a delight

Biggest problem with Imos is that you need about 2-3 times the pizza per person compared to real pizza or it's a freaking hors d'oeuvre.  It's also not inexpensive to start with.........

billiken_roy likes this

42 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Biggest problem with Imos is that you need about 2-3 times the pizza per person compared to real pizza or it's a freaking hors d'oeuvre.  It's also not inexpensive to start with.........

That's the opposite of a problem, time is money, money is power, power is pizza.

Box and Won and Lord Elrond like this

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Pretty sure I got tetanus from one of the machines at Happy Joe's on Watson circa 2005.

It was pretty hilarious when Happy Joe's on Watson was selling T-shirts that said "I ❤️ HJs".  The heart looked like a pizza.  Who doesn't love pizza and HJs?

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

It was pretty hilarious when Happy Joe's on Watson was selling T-shirts that said "I ❤️ HJs".  The heart looked like a pizza.  Who doesn't love pizza and HJs?

Communists and probably UD fans

On 5/1/2024 at 10:49 AM, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Union loafers got it for me. La pizza is 1b though.

This is a solid take. I will add Pizzeria da Gloria on the Hill. And I am trying Motor Town Pizza this weekend. I might be in the minority, but also like the double crust pizza at JJ Twigs. But let's be honest, pizza is like sex, when it's good its great and when it's bad it is still really good. 

11 minutes ago, shempie said:

This is a solid take. I will add Pizzeria da Gloria on the Hill. And I am trying Motor Town Pizza this weekend. I might be in the minority, but also like the double crust pizza at JJ Twigs. But let's be honest, pizza is like sex, when it's good it’s great and when it's bad it is still really good. 

Shhhh don’t tell them about the places you can get both, tho. :) 

On 4/30/2024 at 2:20 PM, TheChosenOne said:

The past few years I’ve been going to Pizza-A-Go-Go on my birthday, pretty solid spot in south city and I like bringing my own booze. La Pizza is probably my favorite local pizza spot, but there are some solid options out there and I seldom have bad pizza (here comes the IMO’s responses haha). Living out in Chesterfield my regular spot is Faraci’s. I saw Roy mention Peel, great spot too.

Pizza-A-Go-Go was our #1 takeout pizza choice in the SLU Glory Days when it was on Grand & Gravois, well before moving to its current location. I haven’t been to the current spot, but am glad it’s still in operation. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

One on south grand

Not n2 pizza as much as u all but Whittaker’s by far worst I’ve ever had. On imos bit tired of much of theirs from over exposure thru da years but recently enjoyed their take on California pizza’s staple the Hawaiian. Enjoyed 

10 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

One on south grand

2 in st peters/weldon springs area and one in Wentzville.  I eat lunch at the Wolfrum/94 location almost every business day and its rarely pizza. They have a pretty broad menu and experienced and friendly staff

Amusing - there is a pretty popular Italian restaurant near me in Jacksonville, FL where the owners are all from St. Louis.   You can get a pizza very similar to Imo's there, which I will on occasion when I am missing home.   Its actually a little less greasy than the original which I appreciate.  They also serve TRavs, Mayfair salad and gooey butter cake.   

When I tell people that this is a cool St. Louis style restaurant, no one cares.