• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yep. I think Matthew Jakobsze is here to do a little more than NIL. 

A 1 year period to understand the inner workings of the athletic department will bode well for him.  

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

Wyatt Wheeler is playing the victim card

The "wtf is a Billiken?" line is tired and makes you look dumb, especially if you're a sports reporter in Missouri with an interest in college basketball.

3 minutes ago, Compton said:

The "wtf is a Billiken?" line is tired and makes you look dumb, especially if you're a sports reporter in Missouri with an interest in college basketball.

Or just a human with internet access.

Sycamore board has gotten ugly today but favorite post thus far is from a guy that, first, called us delusional and then said" I hope SLU finishes 28-5 next year with a 26 NET and misses the tournament". He then goes on to make the claim that ISU and SLU are equal MM's. 

Someone might want to let this guy know he just described Dayton, who earned an at-large bid as a 7 seed. In fact, Dayton had MORE losses and LESS wins than ISU. If SLU finishes the A10 next year with a 28-5 record and 26 NET, they're in the tournament regardless of bid stealers. That's the difference between the MVC and the A10.

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Sycamore board has gotten ugly today but favorite post thus far is from a guy that said" I hope SLU finishes 28-5 next year with a 26 NET and misses the tournament". He then goes on to make the claim that ISU and SLU are equal MM's. 

Someone might want to let this guy know he just described Dayton, who earned an at-large bid as a 7 seed. In fact, Dayton had MORE losses and LESS wins than ISU. If SLU finishes the A10 next year with a 28-5 record, they're in the tournament regardless of bid stealers. That's the difference between the MVC and the A10.

I'm waiting til I see Schertz holding a Billiken jersey up before I head over there for some laughs. 

14 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Sycamore board has gotten ugly today but favorite post thus far is from a guy that, first, called us delusional and then said" I hope SLU finishes 28-5 next year with a 26 NET and misses the tournament". He then goes on to make the claim that ISU and SLU are equal MM's. 

Someone might want to let this guy know he just described Dayton, who earned an at-large bid as a 7 seed. In fact, Dayton had MORE losses and LESS wins than ISU. If SLU finishes the A10 next year with a 28-5 record and 26 NET, they're in the tournament regardless of bid stealers. That's the difference between the MVC and the A10.

I can’t knock the guy for his irrational post.

Future me will be saying the same type of crap if Schertz leaves SLU for a blue blood. 

Just now, dlarry said:

I can’t knock the guy for his irrational post.

Future me will be saying the same type of crap if Schertz leaves SLU for a blue blood. 

Yes that would suck, but it would also mean we’ve been extremely successful, and we will again be in a great position to hire a great up and coming coach. 

thunderdan likes this

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

Yes that would suck, but it would also mean we’ve been extremely successful, and we will again be in a great position to hire a great up and coming coach. 

Which is why I empathize with the Indiana State fans. While we can have a coach move up and feel comfortable that we will be able to find a quality replacement, what sort of replacement can a program like Indiana State land? They were so close with a core prepared to make an even bigger splash next season and instead they see the coach who got them there bolting and likely the core of their roster shipping out as well. I have no interest in crapping on them at this point. They are going from such a high to such a low, I don't have it in me to gloat.

Pistol likes this

Just now, brianstl said:

How long till the first player announces a commitment to SLU?  Will he have one by the end of the weekend?

Just now, wgstl said:

How long till the first player announces a commitment to SLU?  Will he have one by the end of the weekend?

It didn't even take Josh Cohen a couple of hours to follow Muss from Arkansas to USC without ever leaving UMass.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It didn't even take Josh Cohen a couple of hours to follow Muss from Arkansas to USC without ever leaving UMass.

For some reason Josh was who I was thinking of when typing that.  

brianstl likes this

Just now, wgstl said:

For some reason Josh was who I was thinking of when typing that.  

A couple players followed Kelsey to Louisville almost immediately. Hopefully, Schertz announcement is official today; tomorrow a flood of ISU players hit the portal; by early next week we have some new Billikens.

52 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Which is why I empathize with the Indiana State fans. While we can have a coach move up and feel comfortable that we will be able to find a quality replacement, what sort of replacement can a program like Indiana State land? They were so close with a core prepared to make an even bigger splash next season and instead they see the coach who got them there bolting and likely the core of their roster shipping out as well. I have no interest in crapping on them at this point. They are going from such a high to such a low, I don't have it in me to gloat.

I have no intention of posting on their board or rubbing it in their faces once Schertz is named SLU coach because that's grade school behavior but also because Scherz is going to drop us in the near future for a bigger paycheck at P5. Which is fine because the difference between ISU and SLU (as you pointed out) is that this season was pretty much ISU's ceiling. They will likely always be stuck in the MVC riding buses to games with the occasional good season. For SLU, we'll be fine once Schertz moves on. We'll still have the resources and the support to become a Xavier/Marquette with another great hire. 10 years ago this past month we were a 5 seed after another season of top 15 hoops. Which is why comments like "ISU and SLU are the exact same MMs" bother me when it really shouldn't because anyone with even the slightest bit of brain activity knows it isn't true. That second coffee has me amped.

I do really feel bad for their fans and hope their next coach can keep them competitive.