• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, David King said:

I’ve been to Charleston many times, and think it’s a dump. Stupidest state in the country, biggest cock roaches I’ve ever seen, and hotter than hell in the summer. Not to mention the mosquitoes!

But also great downtown, restaurants, bars, golf, low country style food and beaches.

Oh if you're into golf that's good too.

Knowing what I know now, I'm happier with Schertz over a guy that seems to want to take it easy.

OkieBilliken likes this

It’s gonna be an absolute coup when we land this guy. This NIT run has solidified that they were a tournament team, and a ton of bigger programs would be all over Schertz if he wasn’t a lock for us.  Someone get Pitbull’s representatives on the phone and let’s line up a celebratory performance at the introductory press conference… we already forked over 10 mil to get rid of Ford, what’s another 500k? 

After the ISU's win over Utah tonight, I think it is likely they might repeat tonight's performance on the final game against whoever it may turn out to be. Whether SLU makes and announcement or not I would wait for confirmation from Schertz that he is indeed coming before celebrating. This man and this team have attracted a lot of attention during the NIT, they have beaten a lot of good teams. We need patience to see if anything comes out of it. I think we have to assume his agent in working on different kinds of possibilities, particularly if he is bringing Avila with him. Nothing is done until it is finally done.

2 hours ago, slufan13 said:

SLU could compete with Utah

The Bills playing Utah tonight at Hinkle...UT over the Bills by 11 and that assumes SLU is able to force 9 TOs.

If you want to extrapolate that...UT by 11 over Bills....ISU over UT by 10...ISU over the Bills by 21...and one last one...24-25 Bills  over 23-24 Bills by 21

46 minutes ago, David King said:

I’ve been to Charleston many times, and think it’s a dump. Stupidest state in the country, biggest cock roaches I’ve ever seen, and hotter than hell in the summer. Not to mention the mosquitoes!

Back in the day they called David King “Crazy Legs” due to the way he danced the Charleston.

David King likes this

Billikens.com as crazy as ever. Enjoying the sycamores crushing the P6.

Schertz to SLU is already done you guys are crazy. There's been zero talk of him anywhere else, SLU is pursuing noone else. What do you think this is? Indiana state is poor even by Missouri Valley standards.

The Louisville spectacle should have put this to bed. Y'all goofy.

Gregg Doyel acknowledges in this column it is an open secret that Schwartz may bring 4 starters with him. Julian Larry though is expected to stay.

IMG_2489.jpeg

11 hours ago, Soderball said:

Billikens.com as crazy as ever. Enjoying the sycamores crushing the P6.

Schertz to SLU is already done you guys are crazy. There's been zero talk of him anywhere else, SLU is pursuing noone else. What do you think this is? Indiana state is poor even by Missouri Valley standards.

The Louisville spectacle should have put this to bed. Y'all goofy.

It’s SLU and Chris May is AD. Leads to one conclusion: Anything can and likely will go wrong. 

@ARon interesting that they project Julian Larry to stay, I guess because he's been there 4 years.  He's from Frisco, TX, seems like the kinda guy UNT would snap up or SMU. Guy is solid.  Although if he doesn't come to SLU, that bodes well for Medley to stay and be PG. Though maybe he doesn't shoot enough 3PTRs for the offense.

33 minutes ago, ARon said:

Gregg Doyel acknowledges in this column it is an open secret that Schwartz may bring 4 starters with him. Julian Larry though is expected to stay.

IMG_2489.jpeg

I am against this Schwarts guy being our coach

50 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

@ARon interesting that they project Julian Larry to stay, I guess because he's been there 4 years.  He's from Frisco, TX, seems like the kinda guy UNT would snap up or SMU. Guy is solid.  Although if he doesn't come to SLU, that bodes well for Medley to stay and be PG. Though maybe he doesn't shoot enough 3PTRs for the offense.

I don't see a lineup with 2 starters under 5'10

ISU will play a team worse than the last 2 they've played to get to the finals.  If they win that, they'll finish ranked higher than a handful of 6 seeds in the tourney on Kenpom.

Schasz likes this

36 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I am against this Schwarts guy being our coach

According to old guy we’re hiring a coach named Schenk. This coaching search gets more and more confusing. I say let’s get on board with Ahearn and cut to the chase.

VeniceMenace and cheeseman like this

I came in a little after his actual statement on the issue, but going by the conversation that is currently going on on the subject, it sounds like, at least as far as Frank is concerned, Schertz is still coming. There has been no wavering 

56 minutes ago, SLUDrew said:

I came in a little after his actual statement on the issue, but going by the conversation that is currently going on on the subject, it sounds like, at least as far as Frank is concerned, Schertz is still coming. There has been no wavering 

I like what Frank is saying here, I still don't like Frank. 😆