28 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’m holding out for a P5 job. 🤣

Then move on to next mid coach. There are many out that can coach. If Schertz eyes are bigger than his stomach take about  a half mil from what we were going to give him and drop it into the NIL bucket. Bucky McMillan looks appealing. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight, it may appear that Schertz may be looking for better placement than SLU? In other words he is holding us to see if he can get  a better opportunity elsewhere? Of course, the thought will never occur to May that he may be playing us for a better deal. If he continues delaying, just screw him and go for someone else.

4 hours ago, slu72 said:

Then move on to next mid coach. There are many out that can coach. If Schertz eyes are bigger than his stomach take about  a half mil from what we were going to give him and drop it into the NIL bucket. Bucky McMillan looks appealing. 

@billikenfan05 jokingly said that he himself, not Schertz, was holding out for a P5. Nothing to see here.

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

Let me get this straight, it may appear that Schertz may be looking for better placement than SLU? In other words he is holding us to see if he can get  a better opportunity elsewhere? Of course, the thought will never occur to May that he may be playing us for a better deal. If he continues delaying, just screw him and go for someone else.

Nobody is saying credibly that Schertz is looking elsewhere .The only comment was a misunderstanding of a joke.

6 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

Troubling news…can SLU outspend Louisville?

If they were smart about what they have done to this point, SLU should be fine. I hope the way some were so willing to leak about Schertz to SLU, means they were smart about it.

12 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Louisville needs to hit a home run for their hire…to them, Schertz would not be that for that program. A NIT coach would not move the needle, no offense.

I agree.  He’s great for us but not for them….Louisville is probably talking to calipari behind the scenes.  

9 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Louisville needs to hit a home run for their hire…to them, Schertz would not be that for that program. A NIT coach would not move the needle, no offense.

Louisville is in a tough spot.  A young media darling who has made a tournament run isn't available.  It's either hire a so-called retread or hire a relative unknown who has been one and done in the tournament.

46 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Louisville was paying Payne $3.4M and bought him out for $8M.  They have the money to go big time. 

33 minutes ago, Compton said:

Is this referring to anyone in particular?

That's pretty much the profile of every coach being brought up for an open coaching position.  The proverbial home run hire doesn't exist for Louisville in this hiring cycle.  Sure there's Chris Mack but Louisville already fired him.

93sporty likes this

The band has been told via email the AD expects to make an announcement regarding the new men's basketball coach between Tuesday and Thursday of this week upcoming. Take that for what it is.

1 minute ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

The band has been told via email the AD expects to make an announcement regarding the new men's basketball coach between Tuesday and Thursday of this week upcoming. Take that for what it is.

So Wednesday? 

Just now, dlarry said:

So Wednesday? 

I mean, it could be any of those days, but average out to Wednesday, yeah 😂

In AD speak, it'll realistically be like Thursday at 9 pm or something.

Just now, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I mean, it could be any of those days, but average out to Wednesday, yeah 😂

In AD speak, it'll realistically be like Thursday at 9 pm or something.

lol 

I appreciate the I formation. The way it was worded just made me chuckle.

9 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Louisville was paying Payne $3.4M and bought him out for $8M.  They have the money to go big time. 

ACC, 18k arena, tradition, lots of NIL $$’s, yeah that’s a lot to overcome.