GDT: SLU v. Rhode Island

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Zhang is a still, tall turnover.  SVB has shown promise as at least a back up Power Four or five.

Yes he has.

73Billiken likes this

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harriman did the post game with Rammer and Earl good stuff.  7:30 game tomorrow

Survive and advance

2 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

Medley is really starting to show promise. I know a lot of the haters on this board don’t like to see it,  but it’s true.

Medley just came in at a bad time.  If we were coming off an NCAA bid, his gradual progression into serviceable starting point guard would have been more appreciated. He's the second best passing freshman point guard in our program's history.  Add some offense and he's another top flight Billiken point guard by his junior year.

15 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Medley just came in at a bad time.  If we were coming off an NCAA bid, his gradual progression into serviceable starting point guard would have been more appreciated. He's the second best passing freshman point guard in our program's history.  Add some offense and he's another top flight Billiken point guard by his junior year.

I don’t get all the hate, this kid can play and has grown.  Remember everyone he’s just a freshmen…

I hope the next coach can keep him around.  I’d throw some NIL dollars at him. 

BLIKNS and thunderdan like this

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Let’s just forget all the Ford stuff and enjoy moving on. Breath in Breath out Move On. It’s your team for cripes sake! 

Plus Ford is getting fired regardless of what happens in Brooklyn so why not hope for a miracle?

10 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

Can we pull even with Rhodey in the series history or not? It will take a PILLOW FIGHT to settle the issue!

And we did it, just like we tied up the all time series with the Bonnies last Saturday.

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Let’s just forget all the Ford stuff and enjoy moving on. Breath in Breath out Move On. It’s your team for cripes sake! 

I will support my team however I see fit. I don't need anyone on here lecturing me how to be a fan. 

But since I received some borderline threats (some privately) I will refrain from posting about how badly I want Duquesne to win tomorrow. 

As it stands now, I'd keep Thames, van Bussel, and Medley. And Jimerson if he comes back.

Zhang can go.  The epitome of his failings today were when he had the ball stripped and stolen second half above the key.  Jesus man, you're seven feet tall, you hold the ball over your head and that's ten feet.  Yer all year he's dropped it down to his hip where the gnats can get at it.  Plus he can't hold onto a rebound much.

Hughes is at best an 8th or 9th man.  Legacy or not he's no PG.  He's no shooting guard.  And he gets beat constantly on defense.  

Ezewiro is lazy, fundamentally weak and still out of shape.  Sure, he's all we got down low but a starving man will eat a can of dog food if he has to.

Curcic can stay only if Hughes goes and vice a versa.  Both are guards.  Both are 8th or 9th men at best.  

I sincerely doubt Sincere is an option.  Plus I don't think he can play a team concept and his defense is notoriously weak.

That's three, maybe four guys.  Plus the LOI signee.  Eight more players needed to fill a roster of 13.  

Murse15 likes this

27 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I will support my team however I see fit. I don't need anyone on here lecturing me how to be a fan. 

But since I received some borderline threats (some privately) I will refrain from posting about how badly I want Duquesne to win tomorrow. 

Seriously on the threats?

1 hour ago, thunderdan said:

Medley is really starting to show promise. I know a lot of the haters on this board don’t like to see it,  but it’s true.

I said he was good months ago.  Curcic too.  I hope we keep them both when Ford leaves.   Cian already makes smarter plays than Yuri. Just not as flashy.  But less turnovers

49 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

As it stands now, I'd keep Thames, van Bussel, and Medley. And Jimerson if he comes back.

Zhang can go.  The epitome of his failings today were when he had the ball stripped and stolen second half above the key.  Jesus man, you're seven feet tall, you hold the ball over your head and that's ten feet.  Yer all year he's dropped it down to his hip where the gnats can get at it.  Plus he can't hold onto a rebound much.

Hughes is at best an 8th or 9th man.  Legacy or not he's no PG.  He's no shooting guard.  And he gets beat constantly on defense.  

Ezewiro is lazy, fundamentally weak and still out of shape.  Sure, he's all we got down low but a starving man will eat a can of dog food if he has to.

Curcic can stay only if Hughes goes and vice a versa.  Both are guards.  Both are 8th or 9th men at best.  

I sincerely doubt Sincere is an option.  Plus I don't think he can play a team concept and his defense is notoriously weak.

That's three, maybe four guys.  Plus the LOI signee.  Eight more players needed to fill a roster of 13.  

I’d add Ezewiro to your keepers. He’s our only inside scoring threat right now. Keep Curcic. Every time he played we built a lead. LH is gonna stay because of dad. Plus his 3 pt shooting should improve. Medley came on. So I got 8 coming back. Add 5 in the portal. A true PF. A sharp shooting combo or 2. A bigger PG. A 5 that can pop from outside, ala Lowe. That’s a squad. 

billiken_roy likes this