Latest Ford Rumor

Boosters on Saturday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May on Saturday: "But they had to bus to Brooklyn it wouldn't be right to fire him after that. I'll do it tomorrow"

Boosters Sunday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Sunday: "I can't fire them today it's the Sabbath. I'll do it tomorrow."

Boosters Monday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Monday: "I can't fire him the day before a game. I'll do it tomorrow."

Boosters Tuesday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Tuesday: "I can't fire him right after the game. I'll do it tomorrow"

Boosters Wednesday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Wednesday: "I can't fire him today it's the Patriot League championship. I'll do it tomorow"

Boosters Thursday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Thursday: "I can't fire him today, KMOV issued a first alert weather day! I'll do it tomorrow"

Boosters Friday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Friday: "I can't fire him today it's my parish fish fry. I'll do it tomorrow"

Boosters Saturday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Saturday: "I can't fire him today I have to say no to new lights for baseball. I'll do it tomorrow"

Chris May Sunday: "I can't fire him today it's St Patrick's day. I'll do it tomorrow"

Boosters Monday: "We are disgusted to announce that we have hired Zac Miller as our new athletic director"

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Boosters on Saturday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May on Saturday: "But they had to bus to Brooklyn it wouldn't be right to fire him after that. I'll do it tomorrow"

Chris May Sunday: "I can't fire them today it's the Sabbath. I'll do it tomorrow."

Boosters Monday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Monday: "I can't fire him the day before a game. I'll do it tomorrow."

Boosters Tuesday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Tuesday: "I can't fire him right after the game. I'll do it tomorrow"

Boosters Wednesday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Wednesday: "I can't fire him today it's the Patriot League championship. I'll do it tomorow"

Boosters Thursday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Thursday: "I can't fire him today, KMOV issued a first alert weather day! I'll do it tomorrow"

Boosters Friday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Friday: "I can't fire him today it's my parish fish fry. I'll do it tomorrow"

Boosters Saturday: "Chris you need to fire Travis today"

Chris May Saturday: "I can't fire him today I have to say no to new lights for baseball. I'll do it tomorrow"

Chris May Sunday: "I can't fire him today it's St Patrick's day. I'll do it tomorrow"

Boosters Monday: "We are disgusted to announce that we have hired Zac Miller as our new athletic director"

And "Pistol" Pete Hale has been named AAD.

Lord Elrond likes this

13 hours ago, JMM28 said:

I’m a believer that you can never have the compliance guy become the guy in charge. 

Just hire a new compliance person, problem solved.  He’s been here a minute, it should not be too hard to do.  And he can bring on some of his people.

14 hours ago, stmdragons said:

I admittedly don’t have any insight into the hierarchy of the Athletic Department, but is the guy they hired to oversee compliance and NIL someone to keep an eye on as a potential successor? 

Something always seemed strange about Jakobsze's hiring.  Guy left Mizzou to start his own practice.  Then he takes the same job he had at Mizzou at smaller athletic department, in a much smaller conference and with a much smaller portfolio.  That isn't normally how these things work.  There is nothing I have heard about him getting forced out at Mizzou.  The reports I have heard were that he was good at his job, but maybe I haven't talked to the right people.  From the outside, it looks like he took a job that he believed or hoped would fast track him for a big promotion.

40 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

25 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

And "Pistol" Pete Hale has been named AAD.

We'd sure have some fun, I can promise you that.

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Something always seemed strange about Jakobsze's hiring.  Guy left Mizzou to start his own practice.  Then he takes the same job he had at Mizzou at smaller athletic department, in a much smaller conference and with a much smaller portfolio.  That isn't normally how these things work.  There is nothing I have heard about him getting forced out at Mizzou.  The reports I have heard were that he was good at his job, but maybe I haven't talked to the right people.  From the outside, it looks like he took a job that he believed or hoped would fast track him for a big promotion.

No this is true.  He's done some big things, and obviously the biggest being one of the main guys to pass the NIL bill in Missouri.  I was super excited when I first heard this, but as you said, it quickly changed when I was wondering why he would come here. 

29 minutes ago, TRN said:

Just hire a new compliance person, problem solved.  He’s been here a minute, it should not be too hard to do.  And he can bring on some of his people.

No you just can't have someone from the narc department in charge.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Could you guys eliminate the DJ, keep Dre and the promotions and allow the band to play until tip like we used to be able to?

13 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Could you guys eliminate the DJ, keep Dre and the promotions and allow the band to play until tip like we used to be able to?

The other half of @Midtown Madness would be in charge of all gameday, promotion, and event decisions so I will defer to him on this matter.

Lord Elrond likes this

4 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Here’s the better question, how can we better utilize the band and DJ together to make a unique arena atmosphere. A call and response or back and forth type bit. Like the band plays certain parts of the song and the DJ hits a record scratch and then the OG recording plays, then he scratches again and the band takes the song back over. Do I know if this is possible? No, do I think it sounds cool as hell. God damned right. 

thetorch and Young Charles like this

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

No this is true.  He's done some big things, and obviously the biggest being one of the main guys to pass the NIL bill in Missouri.  I was super excited when I first heard this, but as you said, it quickly changed when I was wondering why he would come here. 

So SLU’s NIL head is more of a compliance person? I feel like you need almost more of a boaster type. You got to get out there and rally the troops and sell the program

12 minutes ago, Midtown Madness said:

Here’s the better question, how can we better utilize the band and DJ together to make a unique arena atmosphere. A call and response or back and forth type bit. Like the band plays certain parts of the song and the DJ hits a record scratch and then the OG recording plays, then he scratches again and the band takes the song back over. Do I know if this is possible? No, do I think it sounds cool as hell. God damned right. 

The Band recorded an album way back when (which you guys use for your podcast 😉) I think we'd be down to do it again to collaborate with the DJ.

thetorch likes this

11 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

The Band recorded an album way back when (which you guys use for your podcast 😉) I think we'd be down to do it again to collaborate with the DJ.

Is this a hint that we're going to be hit with a cease and desist letter?

14 hours ago, Lando Griffin said:

The hatred for Chris May amongst some of you is so deep.  

Do some of you have personal stories of being crossed by him or is it just bc of this situation?

wow.

For me, yes.

But its so much more than that. If you polled the current SA’s at SLU right now and asked them for a review of Chris May it would be UGLY. Sub 25% approval. The number of May is a nightmare stories I’ve heard from primary sources is off the charts, I can’t say I’ve had one athletics alumni give a positive review of him. 

57 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

For me, yes.

But its so much more than that. If you polled the current SA’s at SLU right now and asked them for a review of Chris May it would be UGLY. Sub 25% approval. The number of May is a nightmare stories I’ve heard from primary sources is off the charts, I can’t say I’ve had one athletics alumni give a positive review of him. 

His interview Podcasts are cringey & awkward as hell which goes right along with what you are saying.  Honestly, why TF is May even the ones doing those interviews?

TheA_Bomb likes this

16 hours ago, slu92 said:

How stupid does Chris May look now?

“Travis Ford will be the coach at SLU for a long long time as long as I’m the AD here.”

How a complete moron like that makes a living, much less an entire career as a division one AD is incredible. Profoundly stupid person and an even bigger wiener. We know Ford is gone, need Chris May to follow him. 

I'm sorry, but that is what any AD in the country would say.  Pick whomever you think is the best AD in NCAA sports.  That person will publicly support every coach they have up until the day that coach is fired.  Even after the coach is fired, they will say nice things about the coach and that it was a hard decision and so on.  It's just how the business is done.  Submarining your coaches, including the ones on the road to being fired, is not how anyone does it.

CenHudDude, ACE and Zink like this

19 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

His interview Podcasts are cringey & awkward as hell which goes right along with what you are saying.  Honestly, why TF is May even the ones doing those interviews?

It just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. I don’t know what the fix is or where he would be better at connecting with fans. But it all really comes down to the production is so subpar you have to absolutely not give a sh*t for it to be that bad. Early episodes of THTRB had better audio quality. 

15 hours ago, Lando Griffin said:

The hatred for Chris May amongst some of you is so deep.  

Do some of you have personal stories of being crossed by him or is it just bc of this situation?

wow.

Has he crossed me directly? Probably not, but I was in a position to witness or know about a steady stream of athletic department nitwittery over a good portion of May’s tenure as AD. Him and his staff have a vision for what they want the athletic department to be, and I think that their vision is largely stupid and a failure .

TheA_Bomb and Crewsorlose like this

19 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I'm sorry, but that is what any AD in the country would say.  Pick whomever you think is the best AD in NCAA sports.  That person will publicly support every coach they have up until the day that coach is fired.  Even after the coach is fired, they will say nice things about the coach and that it was a hard decision and so on.  It's just how the business is done.  Submarining your coaches, including the ones on the road to being fired, is not how anyone does it.

You are right.  It's not his biggest failure. Not really even a fault.

The contract. The overall marketing. The lack of ability to influence donors and the collective. The lack of vision. So many more real issues

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

We’ll agree to give you the job on the condition of obtaining a new podcast partner. 

NextYearBill likes this