GDT: SLU v. Loyola Chicago

SLU Men's Basketball Game Notes & Information
Game No. 14 Saint Louis (7-6, 0-0 A-10) vs. Loyola Chicago (8-5, 0-0 A-10)
Date // Time Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2024 // 6 p.m. (CT)
Location St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
TV Bally Sports Midwest (Alexa Datt, Scott Highmark)
Radio KMOX 1120 AM (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Stream ESPN+
Live Stats StatBroadcast
Promotions Clothing Drive
Chaifetz Arena Tickets | Parking | Clear Bag Policy
Series History Series tied 24-24
Game Notes Saint Louis | Loyola Chicago

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

6pm is a dumb start time.

I like it for midweek games when kids are in school. Gives more of a chance to bring the K-8 types out for a game. But I am guessing that wasn't a consideration and this is for television purposes. 

I like 6 when there's not another game I really want to watch at the same time(dayton v davidson).  But I guess no other games really matter for SLU.  

7 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

There are 28 games tonight that start at 6 pm CST  or earlier.  TV must love that time slot.

They do since that means it's 7 PM start times on the East Coast for the NY/DC markets...flyover country be damned!  LOL

3star_recruit likes this

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

I’ll take it over 8pm though 

how many 7pm arrivals will we have tonight that are shocked to see the game in the second half?  

If you could guarantee me every game on weeknights was 7. You can schedule weekend games at any time you please. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i assume start time is for tv purposes.  

It's Bally Sports and there are no Blues, no Grizzlies or Pacers at 8pm CT so I can't really understand why they would care where they broadcast our game......Conspiracy theory: SLU is scheduling 6pm to get that "we'll just get something for dinner at the game" $$$$$. 

13 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's Bally Sports and there are no Blues, no Grizzlies or Pacers at 8pm CT so I can't really understand why they would care where they broadcast our game......Conspiracy theory: SLU is scheduling 6pm to get that "we'll just get something for dinner at the game" $$$$$. 

Someone said it earlier 6pm games during the week make sense for families with young kids. 

29 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

How do I say that the opinion of those in that time zone on Billiken tip times don't matter without being an a$$hole(Sorry @Pistol)? 

You failed.

My opinion matters most and my opinion is that later start times are better so I can watch games without having to deal with my kids' bedtime. 9 or 10 pm EST (8 or 9 CST) is best. Anything earlier is annoying for me. 6 pm CST is ridiculous.

55 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Conspiracy theory: SLU is scheduling 6pm to get that "we'll just get something for dinner at the game" $$$$$. 

Screw them, I'm going full hunger-strike until the game is over 😈