What are the chances Bradley get his waiver granted this week??

BLIKNS

probably depends what program is using a player.   if for example it id duke or kansas or one of the other blue bloods, no eligibility burned.   they may even extend them an additional full year.  

if it is the billikens or another mid major or lower, the player in question's college career would be over for trying to pull a fast one on the committee regardless on how many years they had prior to the restraining order.

Young Charles likes this

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

probably depends what program is using a player.   if for example it id duke or kansas or one of the other blue bloods, no eligibility burned.   they may even extend them an additional full year.  

if it is the billikens or another mid major or lower, the player in question's college career would be over for trying to pull a fast one on the committee regardless on how many years they had prior to the restraining order.

Don't worry, Roy. Eligibility limitations & any academic requirements will be on the chopping block too.

25 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Could the athletes who play in this window risk burning a year of eligibility?

I’m guessing no because this is really non-news otherwise. No one would burn eligibility for two midseason games. That’s at least how I’m looking at it 

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

His involvement was about as meaningful as any of us on this board. Hey Kurtis, this is Chris May from Saint Louis University, let me know when you would like to hear my thoughts on the NIL legislation. Oh, you are at a celebratory press conference at the University of Missouri with those you worked on the legislation with and it has passed? Good deal, well, glad I could help get that across the finish line.

Former Mizzou offensive lineman and current state rep, Kurtis Gregory, went to Eli Drinkwitz when NIL was passed and basically said, let me know what you need from the state to give us the best chance to succeed, I am tired of Mizzou playing from behind. And I believe this is the second time they have gotten legislation passed in the state. To pretend May had anything to do with the legislation is just not true. Sure, have Stu add his name to the article in the Post Dispatch, but that is meaningless. And then Troy goes on the radio and basically says as much, hilarious. Dog and pony show.

It wasn't Stu who wrote the article or added it to the article.  That article was all Dave Matter, the Tigers' beat writer.  Now I don't think May did much or anything, but the Mizzou people obviously thought it was useful to attach his name to the effort.  

willie likes this

He got it. Article here: https://www.wralsportsfan.com/college-athletes-waiting-for-ncaa-transfer-waiver-can-play-now-federal-judge-rules/21194298/

Upon further review this is a 14 day temporary restraining order so it may not be permanent. Things getting very interesting.

stmdragons likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Not everyone is happy in Hoopsville. 

Sounds like sour grapes of coaches/ADs not able to see the writing on the wall. I'm just a MBM and I've been telling y'all this would not withstand judicial scrutiny.

20 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

So Brad starts on Saturday and Ford saves his job?

Brad eventually moves into the starting lineup, Parker returns, Bills win A-10 Tourney, Ford saves his job, and 05 cries himself to sleep.

11 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Brad eventually moves into the starting lineup, Parker returns, Bills win A-10 Tourney, Ford saves his job, and 05 cries himself to sleep.

If SLU goes dancing the crying will be happy tears. I’ve said I’d rather see Ford be the guy. I don’t think he is. The show’s potential listener base is much greater if we win than if we stink. 

cgeldmacher and gobillsgo like this

10 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

If SLU goes dancing the crying will be happy tears. I’ve said I’d rather see Ford be the guy. I don’t think he is. The show’s potential listener base is much greater if we win than if we stink. 

If you’ve ever called for Ford to be fired that apparently = you want SLU to lose. 🤣  That’s how far this board has devolved into factions.

With that said, this team needs a whole lot more than a healthy Parker and eligible Ezewiro to have a snowball’s chance in hell at doing anything this season. 

45 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

If you’ve ever called for Ford to be fired that apparently = you want SLU to lose. 🤣  That’s how far this board has devolved into factions.

With that said, this team needs a whole lot more than a healthy Parker and eligible Ezewiro to have a snowball’s chance in hell at doing anything this season. 

so you dont think the billikens will win the national championship this season?

Looks like Bradley is able to play, for the next 2 weeks, given the federal (temporary) restraining order that has been issued against the NCAA.  Official hearing is set for December 27th.  Curious to see what will happen. 

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

I don't know how much Brad will help, but he'll certainly give us more defensive presence at the Bigs.

Edit: If Brad remains eligible, Sincere comes back soon, and the Gibby/LHJ nagging injuries heal, then I think an A10 tournament run is at least possible.  

5 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

I don't know how much Brad will help, but he'll certainly give us more defensive presence at the Bigs.

If Sincere comes back soon, and the Gibby/LHJ nagging injuries heal, then I think an A10 tournament run is at least possible.  

Plus Ford has shown he can rally his team and win big games.