2023-2024 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jimerson being rated that low going into the season is a joke.   imo that makes this list useless for player evaluation.   nice reference for names.   not rankings.  

Top 144 has Dayton coming in at #53, 2nd in the A10 and destined for the NIT.

Recapping A10 teams on their list:

126 St. Joseph

112 St. Bonaventure

79 Loyola

73 Fordham

53 Dayton

I wonder how much influence Joe Bamisile's inclusion on VCU's roster had when they obviously picked VCU to win the A10.  Wonder if they a mulligan now.

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/22077

55 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

126 St. Joseph

112 St. Bonaventure

79 Loyola

73 Fordham

53 Dayton

I wonder how much influence Joe Bamisile's inclusion on VCU's roster had when they obviously picked VCU to win the A10.  Wonder if they a mulligan now.

I bet they are picking Duquesne. 

48 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

126 St. Joseph

112 St. Bonaventure

79 Loyola

73 Fordham

53 Dayton

So the A10 is projected to be a one bid league again?  I guess they’ve gone about as low as they can go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 3:05 PM, Taj79 said:

No way it's Duquesne.  Gots ta be VCU.

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/mens-basketball/top-144-previews

Duquesne comes in at #43, tops in the A10. 

Recapping the College Madness Top 144, with 6 A10 Teams on the list:

126 St. Joseph

112 St. Bonaventure

79 Loyola

73 Fordham

53 Dayton

43 Duquesne.

I have no problem with Duquesne coming in as the top seed.  But VCU no better than 7th doesn't cut it.  They will be in the top 3d of the league, even without Bamisile.  I'm not sold on Fordham replacing Quisenberry and Moore successfully for a 3rd place finish, but that is why they play the games.  Loyola can be found in the top 3rd, middle 3rd, and bottom 3rd in various polls.  Spin the wheel!

If you look at the list to date, Memphis is slotted at 47th, and 2nd in the AAC.  But this list has them in the NIT, meaning the AAC is looking at a One Bid League according to this source.

I took a look at four preseason polls and looked for a consensus.  Blue Ribbon, Almanac, Rothstein, and Jablonski.  Here are the average of the predictions.

1) Dayton

2) VCU

3) St. Bonaventure

4) Duquesne

5) St. Joseph

6) Fordham

7) SLU

8 ) George Washington

9) Loyola

10) George Mason

11) Davidson

12) Richmond

13) LaSalle

14) UMass

15) Rhode Island

Loyola and LaSalle both had the largest 'spread' of 6 positions.  SLU's spread was 6 to 10. Bottom line, after the top 5, your guess is as good as anyone's.

wgstl likes this

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I took a look at four preseason polls and looked for a consensus.  Blue Ribbon, Almanac, Rothstein, and Jablonski.  Here are the average of the predictions.

1) Dayton

2) VCU

3) St. Bonaventure

4) Duquesne

5) St. Joseph

6) Fordham

7) SLU

8 ) George Washington

9) Loyola

10) George Mason

11) Davidson

12) Richmond

13) LaSalle

14) UMass

15) Rhode Island

Loyola and LaSalle both had the largest 'spread' of 6 positions.  SLU's spread was 6 to 10. Bottom line, after the top 5, your guess is as good as anyone's.

The more I think about it, I agree with the composite above, and perhaps should be above Fordham.  

HoosierPal likes this

35 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Welp...we're all a bit down on the program, but if Brian Conklin is hyped about the season starting then I'm hyped too.  LETS F*CKING GO!!!

Before any season, I'm excited about the Billikens until they give me reason not to be.  When they give me reason to no longer be excited that this is going to be a great year, I still go to the games and support my team.  Let's Go Bills.

I'm excited to see our athletic young guards and to see what they can do. When you have high expectations, greater chances of disappointment. I want to see if Ford can coach this group to play hard and as a team. I'd be more excited if Brock Vice hadn't de-committed, but who knows what we've got with the foreign bigs and Dalger. Bound to be less frustrating than watching a former top 100 HS big fumble every third pass and miss every other bunny. 

6 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

1) Dayton

2) VCU

3) St. Bonaventure

4) Duquesne

5) St. Joseph

6) Fordham

7) SLU

8 ) George Washington

9) Loyola

10) George Mason

11) Davidson

12) Richmond

13) LaSalle

14) UMass

15) Rhode Island

Now if a certain transfer center from Georgetown gets approved; ok not likely ..... then where does SLU finish?

14 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Now if a certain transfer center from Georgetown gets approved; ok not likely ..... then where does SLU finish?

Your guess is probably as good as anyone’s at this point. Far too many new players to say, both at SLU and in the conference at large to do anything but guess as far as I can tell.  They could (a) win the A10, (b) they could come in somewhere between 13-15, or (c) somewhere in between those two. I honestly don’t know whether to pick a, b or c.  I’ll read other people’s opinions, but I don’t know if anyone really knows with any great certainty.  

4 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Your guess is probably as good as anyone’s at this point. Far too many new players to say, both at SLU and in the conference at large to do anything but guess as far as I can tell.  They could (a) win the A10, (b) they could come in somewhere between 13-15, or (c) somewhere in between those two. I honestly don’t know whether to pick a, b or c.  I’ll read other people’s opinions, but I don’t know if anyone really knows with any great certainty.  

I guess that's why no one has started the traditional season record prediction thread.

There is a video up of Coach Ford addressing the Media today.  It wouldn't copy over, but go to the St Louis PD, it is there.

Highlights, TJ and Gibson are co-captains.  Coach obviously wants them to lead by example.

No word on Brad Ezewiro's waiver request.  He has lost 30 pounds since he came to campus.  Stef vB hasn't been on the floor yet, due to a foot injury.  Coach hopes he can start practicing in 3 weeks.  He did include Abou in his grouping of bigs, so I'm guessing he is 6'9".  Zhan has a great basketball IQ but so far has been having trouble adjusting the the physical nature of the game. 

Meadows and Medley are handling the point.  Hughes, who has looked good the past few weeks, is playing off the ball.