2023-2024 Roster and Schedule

23 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Does Chaifetz report tickets sold or tickets scanned? 

The asses in the seat number is the most important part when you're looking forward, not tickets sold. Season tickets are sold in June-October before results play out. If the scan rate on tickets is trending down throughout the year, it is probably a sign of apathy and a precursor to folks dropping season tickets for next year. If the scan rate is steady and walk up is solid, probably going to sell the same or more season tickets the next year.

Apathy is the most dangerous spot for a program to be in. 

Could not agree more. My group accounts for 14 seats. During the second half of last season, less than half were being used. It got to the point where I even stopped asking people if they wanted free tickets as I didn't want to put them in the position of telling me no. This is a far cry from the "hottest sport ticket in town" vibe we were hoping to create when the arena was being built. 

Bizziken likes this

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, SLUDrew said:

Could not agree more. My group accounts for 14 seats. During the second half of last season, less than half were being used. It got to the point where I even stopped asking people if they wanted free tickets as I didn't want to put them in the position of telling me no. This is a far cry from the "hottest sport ticket in town" vibe we were hoping to create when the arena was being built. 

Three issues:

1. Retirement home atmosphere

2. Student apathy

3. Losing to SIUE

5 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Three issues:

2. Student apathy

3. Losing to SIUE

-the last one certainly took a lot of air out of the sails

-my group generally chuckles each time the crowd has to be taught how to cheer...."this side is let's and this side is go"

VeniceMenace likes this

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-my group generally chuckles each time the crowd has to be taught how to cheer...."this side is let's and this side is go"

I'm embarrassed by it whenever I bring non SLU fans. 

1 hour ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

He has the enthusiasm, but they probably don't listen to his music.

I went to the women’s basketball game on Education Day, and I gotta say, if you want thousands of kids to make as much noise as humanly possible, Dre is your man….

I went to the A10 tourney in Brooklyn.  Every other timeout, they ran a cute little thing out there on camera, blasting vocal noise and games trying to hype the crowd.  I don't need this.  But certain kids need 'game experiences' to be happy.  Not me.

16 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Three issues:

2. Student apathy

3. Losing to SIUE

Isn’t a retirement home (Delmar Gardens) one of the major sponsors of Billiken basketball on the rotating signage on the baseline? If that isn’t the definition of irony, I don’t know what is. 

Schasz, VeniceMenace and wgstl like this

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so the SIU game is on.  I was guessing it was the one that got bumped.  So that leaves Drake or NC State away games likely moved a year. We needed to move an away game to allow for the three game Myrtle Beach Invite. 

Southern Illinois will host Saint Louis as part of its 23-24 non-conference schedule, per SIU HC Bryan Mullins. The date is set for Saturday, December 2nd.
Compton likes this

I saw that we're going to be at SIUC on December 2nd.

11/6 vs. Southern Indiana
11/16-11/19 at Myrtle Beach Invitational
12/2 at SIUC

Any other known dates yet? Road games at NC State and Drake? 

12 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Medley is in town at TeamBlue workouts! 

Has Thames received his medical redshirt waiver?

Kellen hasn’t officially been given the medical redshirt. Apparently, they won’t know (for sure) until closer to the start of the season. All signs point to this happening, but it’s not official yet. 

HoosierPal likes this

23 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

Kellen hasn’t officially been given the medical redshirt. Apparently, they won’t know (for sure) until closer to the start of the season. All signs point to this happening, but it’s not official yet. 

Ya Ford said with either GJ or Perk that they don't find that news out till late summer normally. 

HoosierPal likes this

30 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Ya Ford said with either GJ or Perk that they don't find that news out till late summer normally. 

I imagine it will be that late before we hear about Ezewiro also.  Thames waiver isn't as critical (now) as Brad's.  Thames will be playing this upcoming season no matter what.  Looking ahead 4 seasons from now, the seasons Thames could stay, isn't worth the effort. Ezewiro's waiver is much more important today, as we are looking at this season.

21 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Dalger is also in town for team blue workouts. 

Also cian has a Tshirt line (SLU themed) for anyone looking to support.

https://plat-mob.com/products/c1-t-shirt-white

Too bad foreign players almost always don't get to campus until late summer.  Could use all three frosh bigs ASAP.  Any news on when any of the three will arrive?

21 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Too bad foreign players almost always don't get to campus until late summer.  Could use all three frosh bigs ASAP.  Any news on when any of the three will arrive?

Seems Bruce is stateside mostly. 

28 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Foreign guys with national team commitments don't come until later. But those without national team commitments should be on campus no different than the rest of the roster.