2023-2024 Roster and Schedule

23 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Fun TeamBlue bonding video.  Some of our new players are involved.  Who is the white player at 15 seconds standing behind Cian?  You can also see his back in the huddle at 3 seconds. I'm guessing it's van Bussel.

Pretty sure thats not SVF.  Not sure who the heck that is. 

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Oh Team Blue. I'll always remember that generic moniker as the most disappointing time to be a Billiken fan.

Well worded. It’s definitely not the worst time to be a Billiken fan, but for me it is certainly the most disappointing.

7 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Fun TeamBlue bonding video.  Some of our new players are involved.  Who is the white player at 15 seconds standing behind Cian?  You can also see his back in the huddle at 3 seconds. I'm guessing it's van Bussel.

From a little research I believe it is Alex Nokes, who I am guessing is a walk-on that was not announced.  He was tagged in the IG video and has SLU mens basketball in his IG and twitter bios.  He's a 6'8" forward from California that just finished a prep year at Victory Rock Prep.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/NokesAlex?s=20 

4 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

From a little research I believe it is Alex Nokes, who I am guessing is a walk-on that was not announced.  He was tagged in the IG video and has SLU mens basketball in his IG and twitter bios.  He's a 6'8" forward from California that just finished a prep year at Victory Rock Prep.

Nice sleuthing! I got nothing to add or counter to your research. 

But if he is a walk on, already on campus, I expect he would be in the Preferred Walk On category.

15 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Good find. I was wondering if Van Bussel grew his hair out a lot this year, and why he looked so much thinner. (I don't think he's on campus yet, anyway.)

Yes, nice work.

Victory Rock Prep same school  Markhi Strickland and Lassina Traore went 

8 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Good find. I was wondering if Van Bussel grew his hair out a lot this year, and why he looked so much thinner. (I don't think he's on campus yet, anyway.)

This doesn't mean much here on June 15, but van Bussel is listed on SLU People Finder.  Zhang and Magassa are not listed.  (Unless Zhang is listed with some other name besides Bruce.) 

Tate did comment yesterday that a few of the foreign based players are still getting their arrivals lined up.

36 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This doesn't mean much here on June 15, but van Bussel is listed on SLU People Finder.  Zhang and Magassa are not listed.  (Unless Zhang is listed with some other name besides Bruce.) 

Tate did comment yesterday that a few of the foreign based players are still getting their arrivals lined up.

Bruce might be listed under Zhang Chen Zhifeng.

HoosierPal likes this

Just now, johnbj14 said:

image.thumb.png.2b00c362e7b1c0797b51d138df16d6ec.png

Looks like he is. From write ups on his commitment on Chinese websites, that’s his full name. 

Ha.  I think I will stick with Bruce.  So at least he is registered.  That's better than him not being registered.

10 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Zhang has been stateside since his season ended, makes sense for him to report earlier than the other INT kids. 

He wasn't apparent in the outdoor workout video.  I think it would be kind of hard for the photographer to miss a 7 ft Asian running wind sprints.  That of course doesn't mean he is or isn't on campus.

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

He wasn't apparent in the outdoor workout video.  I think it would be kind of hard for the photographer to miss a 7 ft Asian running wind sprints.  That of course doesn't mean he is or isn't on campus.

Ha.  I cant wait to actually see it.. But ya I doubt he is there yet, but expect him to be there before the other int kids. 

30 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Who is that between Hughes and Parker.  Looks to be taller than Parker, shorter or same height as  Hughes.

Ezewiro.

He's much taller than both of them.