2023-2024 Roster and Schedule

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Aquinas said:

For what it's worth, Rivera and TJ are listed as forwards on SLUbillikens.com. In these 2 cases, I take that to mean the coaching staff thinks of them as 4s. I dont think it is sane to play either as a 5. 

I don't think there is a whole lot of thought put into the roster positions as listed on the site.  The only Center listed on last season's roster was Cisse.  Okoro and Forrester were both listed as Forwards.  Perkins was listed as a Guard/Forward, and as you noted Rivera and Hargrove as Forwards.  Everyone else, including Jimerson and Parker, were listed as Guards. 

I'd take another Jake Forrester in a heart beat.  I'm not sure why he gets so much heat.  He was very serviceable at 5 and 7 in a 16mpg back up role.  I liked Linssen better but to grab any seasoned big for a year to fill gaps in essential.  Now we just need a starter big too as we did before we even lost Vice.

5 hours ago, Scoop said:

I'd take another Jake Forrester in a heart beat.  I'm not sure why he gets so much heat.  He was very serviceable at 5 and 7 in a 16mpg back up role.  I liked Linssen better but to grab any seasoned big for a year to fill gaps in essential.  Now we just need a starter big too as we did before we even lost Vice.

Yikes. 6th place next year. Time to give Ford an extension I guess.

12 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Number three on my all time favorite redhead list.......

behind Ann Margaret and Lucille Ball? (obviously for different reasons😄)

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

behind Ann Margaret and Lucille Ball? (obviously for different reasons😄)

lucilleball.jpg.ba26dc44c3cc4b67339827207f850cf9.jpg

Lucy was no slouch.  She was a blonde though.  Dyed her hair red.

6 hours ago, willie said:

Whose first? And does your wife read the board? 

My lovely wife does not read the board but she understands the .01 second delay in grabbing her if the three of us were trapped in a burning building.......

Dead Calm.......Nicole Kidman, sailboats, Nicole Kidman, Sam Neil, Nicole Kidman, Billy Zane, and last but not least, Nicole Kidman..........If it wasn't for the baby punching through the windshield like he was fired out of a cannon, at the beginning, it might be the best movie ever.........

I am trying to compare next year's roster to two year's ago when things were some what fun. It really hinges on big men, but I actually think we upgrade in a few spots. What do you guys think?

Gibson -> Gibson 

Yuri -> Hughes Jr. (Upgrade in my opinion)

Thatch -> CJ/Hargrove (push)

Nesbitt -> Parker/Thames (upgrade in my opinion)

Jones -> Cian (Tbd)

Okoro -> ?

Linssen -> ?

billiken_roy likes this

3 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

I am trying to compare next year's roster to two year's ago when things were some what fun. It really hinges on big men, but I actually think we upgrade in a few spots. What do you guys think?

Gibson -> Gibson 

Jones -> Cian (Tbd)

Okoro -> ?

Linssen -> ?

i like this a lot, however the two question marks will make or break the entire season imo.   pins and needles.   we shall see how good ford really is in this new age of recruiting now.  

22 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

Gibson -> Gibson 

Jones -> Cian (Tbd)

Okoro -> ?

Linssen -> ?

Yuri to Hughes Jr is an upgrade? Hard disagree.

21 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

Gibson -> Gibson 

Jones -> Cian (Tbd)

Okoro -> ?

Linssen -> ?

Agree with all of them except PG.  I totally agree we need to move on from such a Yuri dependent offense but calling Hughes an upgrade is a stretch.  He was never a PG in HS because of Rob Martin and the feel for the game for a true point takes a long time to develop.  That being said, we all know that we had some atrocious decision making in the last 4 minutes of games from our guards last season.  Hopefully Hughes having a more consistent 3 pt shot provides more spacing and counteracts some of his inexperience. 

18 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Yuri to Hughes Jr is an upgrade? Hard disagree.

few does not equal all.   and while it may not be immediate, hughes already plays better defense and shoots better than yuri.   personally i dont think hughes is going to end at slu as a point guard, but he will be a nice combo guard.

23 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

few does not equal all.   and while it may not be immediate, hughes already plays better defense and shoots better than yuri.   personally i dont think hughes is going to end at slu as a point guard, but he will be a nice combo guard.

Rammer agrees with you. Either on a Press Box show or his podcast, Rammer said Medley will be the PG next season, with Hughes one of several possible backups.  (He is VERY high on Hughes, just not as a PG.)  He also did not dismiss bringing in a vet PG through the Portal.

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Rammer agrees with you. Either on a Press Box show or his podcast, Rammer said Medley will be the PG next season, with Hughes one of several possible backups.  (He is VERY high on Hughes, just not as a PG.)  He also did not dismiss bringing in a vet PG through the Portal.

hughes has far too much scoring potential to be used primarily as the point guard.   he already is a better shooter than his father ever was.

27 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

hughes has far too much scoring potential to be used primarily as the point guard.   he already is a better shooter than his father ever was.

I guess I am on the Billiken Roy bandwagon today.  His dad agrees with you. 

And Hughes Jr also knows how to play off the ball, better than our previous point guard did. 

One area I feel Hughes Jr needs improvement is his 'handle' with the ball.  I was nervous when he was dribbling against pressure this past season.