2023-2024 Roster and Schedule

Looks like the full schedule is out: https://slubillikens.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2023-24 with Dartmouth and Lincoln (Mo.) rounding out the schedule.

• Oct 24 - Kentucky Wesleyan (exhibition)
  • Oct 29 - Berea College (exhibition)
  • Nov 6 - Southern Indiana
  • Nov 8 - Lincoln (Mo.)
  • Nov 11 - Illinois State
  • Nov 16 - Wyoming (neutral)
  • Nov 17 - Charleston or Vermont (neutral)
  • Nov 19 - TBD (neutral)
  • Nov 25 - Dartmouth
  • Nov 28 - Utah St.
  • Dec 2 - SIUC (AWAY)
  • Dec 6 - Drake (AWAY)
  • Dec 9 - Hofstra
  • Dec 16 - Louisiana Tech
  • Dec 20 - NC State (AWAY)

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This year allows players to have numbers other than the traditional 0-5. Mike Meadows is the only one going over , his number will be 7.

On 9/22/2023 at 3:12 PM, Brighton said:

It pisses me off to no end that the school in Boone County has the best recruiting class in the country while we’re hoping to again win 20 games with nothing to show for it. That two-three year window when SLU had a chance to become the talk of the region while Mizzou was in limbo has long been shut. It  makes you wonder why we should support a program that doesn’t want to help itself.

Then only about 7 mid-major programs should have fans.  Because everybody else is being overpowered by their P5 competition.

6 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Then only about 7 mid-major programs should have fans.  Because everybody else is being overpowered by their P5 competition.

We’ll judging by this attitude, we should tear down Chaifetz, the new champions facility, and go back to playing at West Pine and drop down to NAIA while we’re at it.

On 9/22/2023 at 2:30 PM, Pistol said:

You can always look at the official roster.

Magassa is listed at 6-6, 215. That seems small based on photos.

Zhang is listed at 7-0, 265.

These are all definitely without shoes.

Interesting that Stu calls Abou 6'6 in his latest article.  The reason I find it interesting, a part of me thinks he is going off of SLU official roster, but he calls Bruce 7'1 when he's listed at 7'0 on official page. So Idk if this is what Stu thinks he looks like or what

"That path could lead to 7-foot-1 Bruce Zhang from China or a small lineup with 6-6 Abou Magassa from France. Meanwhile, 6-10 Stef van Bussel from The Netherlands has done little since arriving on campus because of a foot injury."

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-mens-basketball-searches-for-center-as-bradley-ezewiro-awaits-ncaa-ruling/article_03c8fce0-5d36-11ee-a231-33adb6fe8d50.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

gabriel likes this

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Interesting that Stu calls Abou 6'6 in his latest article.  The reason I find it interesting, a part of me thinks he is going off of SLU official roster, but he calls Bruce 7'1 when he's listed at 7'0 on official page. So Idk if this is what Stu thinks he looks like or what

"That path could lead to 7-foot-1 Bruce Zhang from China or a small lineup with 6-6 Abou Magassa from France. Meanwhile, 6-10 Stef van Bussel from The Netherlands has done little since arriving on campus because of a foot injury."

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-mens-basketball-searches-for-center-as-bradley-ezewiro-awaits-ncaa-ruling/article_03c8fce0-5d36-11ee-a231-33adb6fe8d50.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

I saw him at the Homecoming Men's Soccer game.  He just happened to be sitting by me.  I talked a bit with him and there were 3 other foreign players with him.  He seemed fine and when he left the stands he was walking fine and he did not have a cast on that I saw.

Anyone else want to guess! I’ll take 6’ 7.5”

Iol3xbZy_normal.jpg

West Pine Big Ten Haters

@WestPineBills
·
9h
Good read on the SLU Center competition, and plans for what Travis Ford will consider if Brad Ezewiro is not granted a waiver. One thing in here that is important: Aboubacar Magassa, the freshman forward from France, is 6’6, and not the previously reported 6’9.

Positive takeaway: SLU won’t be overhyped this season…

—schedule finally released at least a month later than normal

—roster on SLU’s official site still includes no photos of new players.

—no slogan like Grawer era, “Sit in on a Jam Session,” and “Billikens Basketball: It’s HOT!”

1 hour ago, VeniceMenace said:

Grawer era, “Sit in on a Jam Session,” and “Billikens Basketball: It’s HOT!”

Ok but for the late 80s those are period-appropriate slogans 🤣

VeniceMenace likes this

4 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Positive takeaway: SLU won’t be overhyped this season…

—schedule finally released at least a month later than normal

—roster on SLU’s official site still includes no photos of new players.

—no slogan like Grawer era, “Sit in on a Jam Session,” and “Billikens Basketball: It’s HOT!”

VeniceMenace and Bizziken like this

24 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

I think it was one of those things you needed a floppy disc to use, especially if you wanted to use all 8 tracks.

No no, it was something to do with laserdiscs.