2023-2024 Roster and Schedule

23 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

He ain't MUCH taller than both of them... 

Considering he's bending over and their shoulders are all still in line I'd say so.

Hughes is 6'5.  Ezehiro is supposed to be 6'9.  

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Considering he's bending over and their shoulders are all still in line I'd say so.

Hughes is 6'5.  Ezehiro is supposed to be 6'9.  

Apparently he’s much shorter than reported. I’ve heard it may be closer to 6’7 than 6’9

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Apparently he’s much shorter than reported. I’ve heard it may be closer to 6’7 than 6’9

Ironic that he's standing next to players who are also shorter than their listed heights as well.

40 minutes ago, laker119 said:

It appears Van Bussel is in fact on campus 

Good to see him on campus. Looks solid.

And it appears the mystery man from earlier this week is Brad Ezewiro, alongside of Jimerson. (Names pop up if you click on the photo.)

Where’s Zheng? Any thoughts on us playing twin towers this year? It seems to me a lot of the teams that went deep in this year’s dance started two bigs. Granted their bigs may have possessed more athleticism than our bigs may be blessed with, but two bigs, assuming they’re not total stiffs, could play well in the A10. 
Also, has the Dandridge ship sailed? 

45 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Where’s Zheng? Any thoughts on us playing twin towers this year? It seems to me a lot of the teams that went deep in this year’s dance started two bigs. Granted their bigs may have possessed more athleticism than our bigs may be blessed with, but two bigs, assuming they’re not total stiffs, could play well in the A10. 
Also, has the Dandridge ship sailed? 

No.  The biggest we could see as it stands is a little of Brad at the 4 if one of the international kids end up being legit. Also Dalger is a pretty good size 4

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Any thoughts on us playing twin towers this year? It seems to me a lot of the teams that went deep in this year’s dance started two bigs. 

33 minutes ago, wgstl said:

No.  The biggest we could see as it stands is a little of Brad at the 4 if one of the international kids end up being legit. Also Dalger is a pretty good size 4

If you want to put 2 bigs on the floor at the same time, one of them has to have some range outside the paint.  If not, all you get is a clogged paint.  Dalger could well be a starter, and yes he was listed at 6'7" 218 lbs last season, and hit 35% from deep.  So @slu72, does he qualify as a 'big'? 

We have no idea what van Bussel, Magassa or Zhang can do at the D1 level.   Ezewiro has publicly stated he won't have to play with his back to the basket at SLU, but the next 3 pointer he hits will be the first of his career.  So I'm not sure how that translates to playing him as one of two bigs.

50 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I'll post here as with a quick search don't see a better thread, I see the Twitter on the topic listing page with the caption "big year incoming for Sincere Parker" - is this just a typo that should be upcoming? 

At first I thought "incoming" was used because of the opening dunk, that made sense.  Now I'm thinking that's an error. 

I actually think we're going to have a really strong and balanced backcourt. The frontcourt obviously has questions but at least we have some depth. One or two of those guys are going to pan out fine. The big question for me continues to be defense. I could see multiple games this year where we score 80 points and lose. 

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

I actually think we're going to have a really strong and balanced backcourt. The frontcourt obviously has questions but at least we have some depth. One or two of those guys are going to pan out fine. The big question for me continues to be defense. I could see multiple games this year where we score 80 points and lose. 

We will have the best 2-3 in the a10, while I think LHJ will be good, idk about how good at the PG spot. 

9 minutes ago, wgstl said:

We will have the best 2-3 in the a10, while I think LHJ will be good, idk about how good at the PG spot. 

I may be in the minority here but I actually might have more faith in Medley at the PG than LHJ. But I think both will be serviceable and both will give us a different look than Yuri did. 

I also think the general population is too low on SLU heading into this season. I actually see yet another top 4-5 A10 finish. Now the conference is not good again so that may still equate to a 90-100 NET type finish but I'm not sure I buy the idea that SLU is in the 6-10 tier that it seems like a lot of people (both SLU fans and general A10 fans) think will happen. I don't think that type of finish is acceptable but I do think the team is going to be pretty similar to the past few seasons

brianstl likes this

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

I may be in the minority here but I actually might have more faith in Medley at the PG than LHJ. But I think both will be serviceable and both will give us a different look than Yuri did. 

Not so sure you are.  Ones a SG turned CG, possibly turned PG.  The other is a true PG. LHJ has a year exp but that's about all over Cian. I think both can platoon just fine.  I don't think however either will be good enough, or even collectively, for it to be a strength like out 2-3 spot, though. 

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I also think the general population is too low on SLU heading into this season. I actually see yet another top 4-5 A10 finish. Now the conference is not good again so that may still equate to a 90-100 NET type finish but I'm not sure I buy the idea that SLU is in the 6-10 tier that it seems like a lot of people (both SLU fans and general A10 fans) think will happen. I don't think that type of finish is acceptable but I do think the team is going to be pretty similar to the past few seasons

I did some number crunching a few weeks back. As it stands today, and if the projected 40min numbers hold to be near true, we're likely in the 7-10 range.  At the time I did these, it was with the hopes of Dandridge, had we landed him, we were in the 4-6 spot.  Along with this, a few things need to happen as well to finish in the t6.  More consistent THJ, a MUCH improved Dalger defensively( he is really bad defensively and it worries me), either Cian or LHJ or both need to provide average pg play, and we need another Center or one of the frosh have to be shockingly good. 

This is the first season in a while where we're going with no proven lead guards.  Basically, since Goodwin's first year.  We have Jimerson but he's not a guy you can throw the ball to and get out of the way.   My expectations were pretty high last year because we had proven starters at nearly every position.  And we crashed and burned due to -- who knows what.  I have no idea what to expect from this season.

billiken_roy, slu72 and brianstl like this