2023-2024 Roster and Schedule

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, willie said:

I guess I need to correct myself. Maybe the decision to make it incompatible doesn’t apply to Disney. 

Disney on Ice doesn’t need a regulation size hockey ring, just enough space to set up a temporary ice surface of whatever size they need.

Not that this schedule is a surprise, but it confirms it was a complete waste of a season to keep Ford around.  We will be forced to decide between firing him after our 18-14 record (may be optimistic) and losing the only promising pieces in the program (Medley, Zhang, whoever else looks decent)  OR keeping him and wasting yet another year mired in mediocrity.   This past spring was the time to rip off the bandaid. 

majerus mojo likes this

Only 15 home games vs. D1 opponents.  If you are playing two exhibition games there is no excuse to play another non D1 opponent as part of the regular season schedule.  Start a home and home on the road and only play 17 home games.

We only play three teams from a multi bid conference last season in Wyoming (MWC), Utah St (MWC) and NC St (ACC) in the non con.  Last season it was five.

Five games total against teams that were in the NCAA tournament last season.  In 2022-23 it was 12 that were in the NCAA tournament the previous year.

Compton, Westy03 and JMM28 like this

Whats with the graphic? It looks like it was created with MSPaint and isn't sized right. 

Southern Indiana is a 250+ team.

ISU will be improved but still probably 175-200ish

Wyoming will be bad. But at least they get a NET boost from being MWC. 

Myrtle Beach teams will be solid. 

Dartmouth is bad. 200+. 

Utah State is an unknown because of turnover on roster and coach. Should be a MWC mid level team which is good. 

SIU will be 175-200ish. 

Drake will be good. Top 75 type team. The premier game on the schedule at this point. 

Hofstra was good last year but senior heavy. Not sure on that one. 

LATech is a 150-200 type team. 

NC State is similar to Drake. 

From a NET standpoint, it isn't an AWFUL schedule. It also doesn't appear to be built to keep a team in the at large convo. It is confusing from that standpoint. It is not a soft enough schedule to rack up a gaudy win number. But it isn't hard enough to get you anywhere. On the bright side, it starts off weaker and gets better as it goes. 

brianstl likes this

▬▬▬.◙.▬▬▬
═▂▄▄▓▄▄▂
◢◤ █▀▀████▄▄▄▄◢◤
█▄ █ █▄ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╬
◥█████◤
══╩══╩═
╬═╬
╬═╬
╬═╬
╬═╬
╬═╬ just dropped down to say
╬═╬
╬═╬ we're gonna be pretty bad this season 
╬═╬☻/
╬═╬/▌
╬═╬/ \

thatskablamo likes this

1 hour ago, SLUDrew said:

The most uninspiring schedule that I can remember. ZERO non-con home games to get excited about. 

with only one returning starter why would you want to play many if any high D1 teams in the non conference schedule?   what would those very likely losses prove?

last seems to me that fordham did very well with their extremely weak schedule last year.   wins are what are more important.   

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Not that this schedule is a surprise, but it confirms it was a complete waste of a season to keep Ford around.  We will be forced to decide between firing him after our 18-14 record (may be optimistic) and losing the only promising pieces in the program (Medley, Zhang, whoever else looks decent)  OR keeping him and wasting yet another year mired in mediocrity.   This past spring was the time to rip off the bandaid. 

The scheduling may make sense based on our returning lineup, but it will surely result in lower season ticket sales.

The best of the 'positives' is Jimerson's return. From what I've seen here and on social media, I also like Cian's and Hargrove's ultra-positive attitudes going into the season. I think Parker and/or Hughes will take a leap forward.  Not much more to hang my hat on.   

16 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

with only one returning starter why would you want to play many if any high D1 teams in the non conference schedule?   what would those very likely losses prove?

last seems to me that fordham did very well with their extremely weak schedule last year.   wins are what are more important.   

exactly. had we had this lame OOC schedule last few years that we've been "beefing" up the level of competion might of included a bit of dancing even with TF.

24 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

The scheduling may make sense based on our returning lineup, but it will surely result in lower season ticket sales.

The best of the 'positives' is Jimerson's return. From what I've seen here and on social media, I also like Cian's and Hargrove's ultra-positive attitudes going into the season. I think Parker and/or Hughes will take a leap forward.  Not much more to hang my hat on.   

Fans should be lucky to have the Billikens....or at least that's how May will sleep at night. 

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

Whats with the graphic? It looks like it was created with MSPaint and isn't sized right. 

Dartmouth is bad. 200+. 

Utah State is an unknown because of turnover on roster and coach. Should be a MWC mid level team which is good. 

SIU will be 175-200ish. 

Drake will be good. Top 75 type team. The premier game on the schedule at this point. 

From a NET standpoint, it isn't an AWFUL schedule. It also doesn't appear to be built to keep a team in the at large convo. It is confusing from that standpoint. It is not a soft enough schedule to rack up a gaudy win number. But it isn't hard enough to get you anywhere. On the bright side, it starts off weaker and gets better as it goes. 

Got to have a game on the schedule for "You people in Evansville."

Box and Won and JMM28 like this

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

Dartmouth is bad. 200+. 

SIU will be 175-200ish. 

Now we know why the schedule was so late, they weren’t going to get a lot of season ticket renewals after this got released, so get as many renewals as you can before this gets out.

What Division is Lincoln (MO) in anyway? Div 3? NAIA?