A10 Men's Tourney Thread

1 minute ago, slubillikens43 said:

I think Dayton will beat them

Dayton beat Fordham 82-58 at Rose Hill Gym Jan. 10. But Fordham has the mojo now, and Dayton looked disinterested vs. St. Joe’s last night. I think Dayton has the better club. We’ll see if it shows up tomorrow. Dayton could lose to Fordham if it brings the same effort, or lack thereof, as last night. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

fordham doesnt have 10,000 fans.   that is new york fans jumping on a bandwagon.  

I get what you are saying, but it depends how loose of a definition of "fan" you use. Most people I attended SLU with are casual fans at best. They normally don't pay any attention until we show up in the AP Top 25 or get to the conference championships game. Then they post tons of stuff about the Billikens and selfies decked out in Billiken Gear. I am sure Fordham has scores of thousands of those type of fans still living in Gotham.

Bizziken likes this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

fordham doesnt have 10,000 fans.   that is new york fans jumping on a bandwagon.   it is going to be our job in the championship to send them home early.   maybe they can get out in time to get to a matinee performance on broadway.  

, I wish we had a bandwagon.

3 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

A Fordham booster told me at least 5,000 Fordham fans were there last night. I thought he was being conservative, estimated 6,000 there myself. But if you think of the lower bowl as a rectangle curved at the edges, only the LaSalle end zone was mostly sparse. So 5/6 of the lower bowl was filled. That attendance figure of 8,500+ is in the ballpark, and 90% were Fordham fans during the Fordham game. 

The Fordham students were there em masse. They took the Metro North from Fordham in The Bronx to Grand Central, then transferred to the 4 NYC Subway to Barclays center in Brooklyn. 

They can also take the 4, B, or D without having to transfer. 

9 minutes ago, BC1764 said:

We do.  Actual Billiken fans remember being at the old Arena when they started taking down the SLU tarps that blocked off the high ends of the upper deck.  Spoonball was a thing.......It's been a while but it can be again....   

49 minutes ago, BC1764 said:

we did in both memphis and new york the years we won.   that's what bandwagon's do.   the grab hold at the end.   

btw were you at memphis or brooklyn in 2000 or 2019?

billikenfan05 likes this

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

we did in both memphis and new york the years we won.   that's what bandwagon's do.   the grab hold at the end.   

btw were you at memphis or brooklyn in 2000 or 2019?

Man, I thought I was a miserable sports fan. This f*cking guy makes me look like an eternal optimist. 

11 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Where the people watching tomorrow?

I keep pondering this. Worried about how many of the bars, at least where I’m at, have mizzou sound on

4 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Just be thankful bill Walton isn’t calling the a10 games. He’s insufferable most of the time

Most? He’s a large part of way I don’t watch the PAC

31 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Just be thankful bill Walton isn’t calling the a10 games. He’s insufferable most of the time

What do you mean! The pageantry, the glorious A-10.  Okoro the big man SWATTING away balls like a fly off a shoulder of garden gnome after a joint in LA.  Yuri. Perkins. Jimmy.  Winning.  The Mid-Major Conference of Champions.

billikenbill likes this

34 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Most? He’s a large part of way I don’t watch the PAC

I don’t know why but I’ve always been drawn to Pac12 schools and sports. In fact I only looked at Pac12 schools for grad school before realizing what an incredible waste of money it would be. Not sure if it’s the educational pedigree, west coast vibe, the irrational and ungrounded anger I have towards the perceived slight the Pac12 receives compared to other P5 conferences, or what. But I do know that I love Bill Walton. And not because he’s a phenomenal color man. He’s horrible. It’s because he’s so bad he’s good. His exchanges are so incredibly awkward they’re hilarious. Plus I love the Grateful Dead…

6 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I don’t know why but I’ve always been drawn to Pac12 schools and sports. In fact I only looked at Pac12 schools for grad school before realizing what an incredible waste of money it would be. Not sure if it’s the educational pedigree, west coast vibe, the irrational and ungrounded anger I have towards the perceived slight the Pac12 receives compared to other P5 conferences, or what. But I do know that I love Bill Walton. And not because he’s a phenomenal color man. He’s horrible. It’s because he’s so bad he’s good. His exchanges are so incredibly awkward they’re hilarious. Plus I love the Grateful Dead…

so the mike shannon of basketball?

7 hours ago, Lando Griffin said:

What do you mean! The pageantry, the glorious A-10.  Okoro the big man SWATTING away balls like a fly off a shoulder of garden gnome after a joint in LA.  Yuri. Perkins. Jimmy.  Winning.  The Mid-Major Conference of Champions.

I come to this board for content like this. Where do I leave the tip?