A10 Men's Tourney Thread

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lando Griffin said:

Agree.  As Fordham wins that crowd will only grow more.

Not me. We win at Fordham if the game plan isn’t take yuri away and have pickett run point. Oh ya, also go away from okoro who dominated their big until we stopped going down low 

30 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Not me. We win at Fordham if the game plan isn’t take yuri away and have pickett run point. Oh ya, also go away from okoro who dominated their big until we stopped going down low 

That clearly was not the game plan. Yuri had an awful night and essentially took himself out of the game. 

32 minutes ago, DOC said:

That clearly was not the game plan. Yuri had an awful night and essentially took himself out of the game. 

Starting from… almost the beginning. Also, if he was why was pickett, the 4th option, the guy.

2 hours ago, Lando Griffin said:

Agree.  As Fordham wins that crowd will only grow more.

Just saw the Fordham-La Salle highlights. That crowd was off the chain. Hope they take down Dayton on Saturday.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Starting from… almost the beginning. Also, if he was why was pickett, the 4th option, the guy.

Larry Hughes Jr is a different player now- he is playing with confidence from all the time he has gotten and the team plays well with him instead of waiting for Yuri to do something.  Minutes today with both in at same time turned out well as well.

Yesterday and this coming weekend is what makes college basketball different than any other sport and why so many of us are diehard fans of it. This team had a disappointing season and in any other sport (that most of us follow at least) a week ago would have been the end of it. The story of the season having largely been written in January. Instead, every team has a chance to put the regular season behind them and write a new ending to that story. Maybe, like the team in 2019, this group is able to put the disappointment behind them and decides to go out with some magic. Yesterday far exceeded what I even considered the best case to open the tournament. The coaches clearly had a great game plan and the team executed with a number of guys stepping up. We have folks like Adman, Taj, and BAB on the scene, why not bring some more magic this weekend. I have been way more down on this team than any I can remember, but I am rooting like hell for this to be a special weekend and to cut from work next week to watch the Billikens in the dance. LETS GO!

Fired Up GIFs | Tenor

stmdragons, Adman and brianstl like this

5 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

The last thing I want is another road game against Fordham…. If they had 8500 there for the quarterfinals, imagine what it would be like in the championship game. If we beat VCU, I hate to say it but I’ll be rooting for Dayton.  

Honestly kinda agree, I think Dayton is so inconsistent, them on a neutral floor is much better than essentially an away game vs Fordham…we’ve seen that story before this year.

1 minute ago, laker119 said:

Honestly kinda agree, I think Dayton is so inconsistent, them on a neutral floor is much better than essentially an away game vs Fordham…we’ve seen that story before this year.

This is why the tournament should never be in the home town of a conference member. It hasn’t mattered so far because Fordham has not been good. 

41 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Attendance for the first two games is listed at 5,680.  Bergman isn't giving the Dayton faithful any credit, but still this is impressive.

The crowd had to be 90% Fordham fans for the Fordham-LaSalle game.  The Fordham students and alumni were there in force, even bigger than all of Olean for the Bonnies in '19.

HoosierPal likes this