ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

uWuEKm_M_normal.jpg

There it is! The other visitor from last week commits. 6’9” South Sudanese-Australian Kuany Kuany commits to VCU after graduating from Cal in the PAC-12. Provides 9 ppg and 4 rpg last year in just over 25 mpg.

It is going to be really hard to figure out which teams helped themself the most, but VCU looks like they reloaded with several transfers.  I believe they have only 1 or 2 freshmen recruits, which may be the sign of the future.

20 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

uWuEKm_M_normal.jpg

There it is! The other visitor from last week commits. 6’9” South Sudanese-Australian Kuany Kuany commits to VCU after graduating from Cal in the PAC-12. Provides 9 ppg and 4 rpg last year in just over 25 mpg.

It is going to be really hard to figure out which teams helped themself the most, but VCU looks like they reloaded with several transfers.  I believe they have only 1 or 2 freshmen recruits, which may be the sign of the future.

Curious if we were no longer interested after landing Dalger or if the kid just decided to go elsewhere. Obviously, Harry knows the kid well and would have a handle on how big of a priority he would be. For better or worse we'll get to follow him closely in the A-10. I think VCU and Bonnie have done well in the portal.

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

I think this is a "I played college basketball at Kansas" move.  Nothing at all wrong with that.  He'll be the backup center and have an opportunity to win a championship.  Best of luck. 

10 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

I think this is a "I played college basketball at Kansas" move.  Nothing at all wrong with that.  He'll be the backup center and have an opportunity to win a championship.  Best of luck. 

Plus he is from Overland Park (someone posted he dates a cheerleader for the Chiefs) and has obvious family connections to KU including future teammate Dajuan Harris who the family is close with. With Kansas gaining Dickinson, but then losing their two young bigs, they needed a backup and Braun makes some sense. Probably much easier to get a guy like that with those connections to your program to buy into that role.

36 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I wonder how many people have played for both Mizzou and Kansas.

It can't be many especially when they were playing in the Big 8/12. I know on the women's side Lauren Aldridge transferred from Kansas to Mizzou in the not too distant past. This is the only one I can think of on the men's side and it is interesting due to the family connections to both programs as well.

44 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

It can't be many especially when they were playing in the Big 8/12. I know on the women's side Lauren Aldridge transferred from Kansas to Mizzou in the not too distant past. This is the only one I can think of on the men's side and it is interesting due to the family connections to both programs as well.

I have to think being in a family that has gone mostly to Mizzou, but deciding to go to Kansas is like a Hatfield marrying a McCoy in West Virginia

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Plus he is from Overland Park (someone posted he dates a cheerleader for the Chiefs) and has obvious family connections to KU including future teammate Dajuan Harris who the family is close with. With Kansas gaining Dickinson, but then losing their two young bigs, they needed a backup and Braun makes some sense. Probably much easier to get a guy like that with those connections to your program to buy into that role.

-do we have a photo?

-as much as I don't like them I can't fault a kid for probably taking more money at KU and the almost certainty of hearing Greg Gumbel call the school's name

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Not just that, they need a backup willing to play just a few minutes.  

34 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Not just that, they need a backup willing to play just a few minutes.  

That’s what I was getting at with my last point. They lost their two young bigs (Zuby and Udeh) who would have filed the role, so they were looking for someone to backup an all conference caliber big. Clearly the two young bigs didn’t like the idea of backing up Dickinson. Probably easier to sell that role to a kid like Braun with his connections to the program and being from the area.

I recall when the brothers were at KU and Mizzou it was said that dad was a huge KU guy and Christian grew up a fan and that mom and her family were all Mizzou roots with Parker growing up a fan. So it was always a house divided. I know things soured between the family and Cuonzo with some unfortunate public behavior at games, so I don’t find this is as surprising as some might.

10 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

That’s what I was getting at with my last point. They lost their two young bigs (Zuby and Udeh) who would have filed the role, so they were looking for someone to backup an all conference caliber big. Clearly the two young bigs didn’t like the idea of backing up Dickinson. Probably easier to sell that role to a kid like Braun with his connections to the program and being from the area.

I recall when the brothers were at KU and Mizzou it was said that dad was a huge KU guy and Christian grew up a fan and that mom and her family were all Mizzou roots with Parker growing up a fan. So it was always a house divided. I know things soured between the family and Cuonzo with some unfortunate public behavior at games, so I don’t find this is as surprising as some might.

Some of the stories I heard made me back off of wanting his family in the Fetz.  

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Some of the stories I heard made me back off of wanting his family in the Fetz.  

If folks think some on this board are bad, that family operates at a different level! Never good to have intoxicated family members loudly mouthing off at games. Probably easier for a program like KU to keep them happy. Could have been interesting here especially if his role was not as significant as they would want. He was certainly a roster fit and I do like some of his ability, but not one I’m overly concerned missing on and potentially a situation you wouldn’t want in the stands.

wgstl likes this

Caleb Love back on the market. 

https://twitter.com/ebosshoops/status/1658957153250492419?s=20

@trillydonovan might be the best twitter follow in college basketball. 

https://twitter.com/trillydonovan/status/1658958314158399489?s=20

For the love of god can we get embedded tweets back. Have the poors had a chance to upgrade to an iphone yet? 

Box and Won likes this

16 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Caleb Love back on the market. 

https://twitter.com/ebosshoops/status/1658957153250492419?s=20

@trillydonovan might be the best twitter follow in college basketball. 

https://twitter.com/trillydonovan/status/1658958314158399489?s=20

For the love of god can we get embedded tweets back. Have the poors had a chance to upgrade to an iphone yet? 

Apparently cause of a lack of credits from UNC…how the heck do you not have enough credits transferring from UNC (of all schools), given all they do to “help” student athletes lol 

58 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Apparently cause of a lack of credits from UNC…how the heck do you not have enough credits transferring from UNC (of all schools), given all they do to “help” student athletes lol 

Here is betting he shows up at Missouri. If they can get Ricky Clemens in this is a no brainer . 

3 hours ago, willie said:

Here is betting he shows up at Missouri. If they can get Ricky Clemens in this is a no brainer . 

Missouri or Europe.  If he took all of last semester off he might not have the grades/credits to play anywhere.

10 hours ago, willie said:

The Clemons thing was decades ago and many coaches later.  They got caught and paid a price enough or not but either way can we be a bit mores current.

From what I understand this isn’t Love being NCAA eligible problem.  It is an issue with what Michigan requires specific credit wise for upperclassmen transfers to enroll depending on the major.  It has been an issue for Michigan with multiple transfers in basketball and football.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

From what I understand this isn’t Love being NCAA eligible problem.  It is an issue with what Michigan requires specific credit wise for upperclassmen transfers to enroll depending on the major.  It has been an issue for Michigan with multiple transfers in basketball and football.

It’s hard to believe Michigan would let something as inconsequential as academics get in the way of getting a good athlete. Bo Schembechler would have gotten it straightened out quickly…

dlarry and SLU_Lax like this