Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

Frank just said he heard Jimmy got $175k to go to Miss St.

I'm not sure you could pay me enough to live in Starkvegas.

Anyway this new reality of the portal and transfers makes the off season more interesting.   

On a slightly related note because I'm lazy was Yuri invited to the NBA combine?  Did I miss that being reported?

11 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

which is crazy considering Tolu smith could return.  If he does, Bell wont see a lot of minutes. 

35 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

It isn't out of the range of some of the higher level transfers I've seen. I don't think a guy that basically got the "hey we're bringing in better players than you" talk from Huggy is getting it from Misssissippi State. So I as well will call bulIshit on that. 

There is a TON of buIlshit floating around out there with the numbers on these deals. I do know that the high level MVC transfers (Domask, Krikke, Mast) got similar to a little less than $175k from UIUC, Iowa, and Nebraska respectively. Jimmy isn't near the talent or production that any of them are. 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Phillip Russell landed at UT-Arlington - a team that went 11-21 last year. A curious move.

And just recently when I said on Twitter that he wasn't good enough to fill the role we're looking I was mocked. 

This is clear proof. 

AGB91 and JMM28 like this

15 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

Tend to agree. I know money is wild in CBB, but that is an insane amount. Wonder if it was a Mizzou source who was pissed they got passed over.

Bingo! They have fed Frank misinformation regarding recruiting info in the past.

1 minute ago, Bills By 40 said:

And just recently when I said on Twitter that he wasn't good enough to fill the role we're looking I was mocked. 

This is clear proof. 

You were always right. He isn't good enough and he is a headcase. Guy led D1 in technicals last year. 

10 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

It isn't out of the range of some of the higher level transfers I've seen. I don't think a guy that basically got the "hey we're bringing in better players than you" talk from Huggy is getting it from Misssissippi State. So I as well will call bulIshit on that. 

There is a TON of buIlshit floating around out there with the numbers on these deals. I do know that the high level MVC transfers (Domask, Krikke, Mast) got similar to a little less than $175k from UIUC, Iowa, and Nebraska respectively. Jimmy isn't near the talent or production that any of them are. 

Every player hoping to get a deal in the future, every family member or other “agent” who is trying to get a NIL for someone has every reason to exaggerate, inflate, and otherwise flat out lie and inflate the money going to any player in any deal anywhere. A rising tide lifts all boats. This is basic negotiation.  I would say don’t believe the numbers unless they are submitted as part of some official summary submitted by the NIL entity as part of say the paperwork submitted by the NIL to the IRS as part of what they need to do to keep their tax exempt status. For a NIL collective that does not claim tax exempt status, I am not aware they owe anyone any accounting of how they spend their money other than to the people who contribute may want in order to keep contributing.  

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Bingo! They have fed Frank misinformation regarding recruiting info in the past.

the issues with NIL amounts is a lot of the time a schools tells a player they *can* make up to X amount, doesn't mean they will. 

14 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

You were always right. He isn't good enough and he is a headcase. Guy led D1 in technicals last year. 

Hahahahaha no way - anywhere this data is documented? Trying to find it for the sake of the Twitter beef. 

6 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Hahahahaha no way - anywhere this data is documented? Trying to find it for the sake of the Twitter beef. 

Cant find techs, but 13th in personal fouls . Also SEMO had 3 player sin the top 21 INT in fouls, amazing. 

10 minutes ago, slu72 said:

If Jimmy Bell got $175k, it makes me wonder how much guys like Gibby, Parker, and Hargrove got to stay put. 

Probably not as much as you’d think for Parker and TJ. I’m assuming Gibson got a nice deal. 

i dont care if it is $17,500 this is proof we needed to be all in on Nil.   I hate this nonsense, but it is what it is and now college basketball cant put the toothpaste back in the tube.  we needed to go all in initially banking on hitting the March Jackpot with hopes that would jumpstart us to the future.   i fear this is the beginning of the end.   D3 coming in the next 10 years?