GDT: @ UMass

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time we had a “fun” game where we’re getting steals leading to alley oops and fast break dunks followed by the opposing coach calling a timeout and the bench gets hype? Feels like the Memphis game. Our inability to generate turnovers is absolutely killing this team 

I’m honestly just sad at this point. What an absolute let down this season has been. I never thought I would question if a Travis Ford led team had any toughness because even in our bad years we were at least tough on the defensive end. These guys just don’t have an ounce of toughness in them. They leave each other on islands on both ends, slow to close out, slow with rotating, poor communication, slow getting through screens or completely doing the wrong thing on ball screens, miss a few shots and they go AWOL. Just very disappointing after all the promise. 

Also 8 combined turnovers tonight from our big men is inexcusable. They’re not the only ones that need to step it up, but talk about an all time bad output by our bigs this year. So many plays make you want to pull your hair out 

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

And what happened next Brian, it turned into a 5 point swing. I’m 100000% okay with a guy taking just 7 foucking 3s all season in a game that early, or not at a clutch or needed moment.  But c’mon on. Sorry I didn’t message fast enough but yelled out loud the second it looked like he was taking that 

Personally I thought the shot was fine. I also like that a Freshman had the stones to take that shot. Big moment, big shot, he just missed it.

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Personally I thought the shot was fine. I also like that a Freshman had the stones to take that shot. Big moment, big shot, he just missed it.

Yes. But he missed. Someone who has taken 7 3s all year. I do like a frosh that has stones, no doubt. I also really like his game. But early In a shot clock, where you just need points, 1, 2, or 3 but something. No

7 minutes ago, ChiBilliken14 said:

I’m honestly just sad at this point. What an absolute let down this season has been. I never thought I would question if a Travis Ford led team had any toughness because even in our bad years we were at least tough on the defensive end. These guys just don’t have an ounce of toughness in them. They leave each other on islands on both ends, slow to close out, slow with rotating, poor communication, slow getting through screens or completely doing the wrong thing on ball screens, miss a few shots and they go AWOL. Just very disappointing after all the promise. 

Also 8 combined turnovers tonight from our big men is inexcusable. They’re not the only ones that need to step it up, but talk about an all time bad output by our bigs this year. So many plays make you want to pull your hair out 

Yep. Fords one pride and joy isn’t even around anymore. No toughness, no offense, no defense. 

The end game at this point is to win the conference tournament. We had 2 positive steps in that direction.   Parker and Hughes are coming along.  Time to play them more. CF and staff better coach like their career depends on it because it does.