GDT: @ UMass

24 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Bad news regarding Fred. When it rains it pours.

I had a feeling it was bad.

I feel terrible for Thatch but this would sting a lot more if they had any chance of winning a tough game. 

Here’s hoping for a full recovery for Fred! He’s a warrior and deserved much better than what his teammates gave this year. 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Bad news regarding Fred. When it rains it pours.

I am almost tempted to make this one post its own thread. :(

He has (unfortunately) played 13 games.  9 games is the limit for a medical redshirt.

8 hours ago, Matty Light said:

I am still waiting for the day Gibson gets in a proper defensive position. You know...knees bent, butt down, arms in a defensive position. It's been 4 seasons and that is Day 1 stuff. His defensive posture makes it appear he has scoliosis or something. If that can't be fixed in 4 years time it does make me question the coaching. It just does.

Agreed. And somehow, he’s still a better defender than Perkins (who looks like he’s having a full body convulsions, while defending).

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:
Perhaps Jimerson's shooting is a more significant contributor to our issues than I thought. 

He had a bad stretch roughly this time last year before turning it around again. The stretch last year wasn't as bad as this year, but hoping it will have a similar turn around. 

27 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Perhaps Jimerson's shooting is a more significant contributor to our issues than I thought. 

If he can’t shoot his minutes need to be dwindling. Hoisting up shots that aren’t going to go in is only slightly better than a TO.

I don’t think he’s been taking bad shots he just can’t shoot straight right now.

billiken_roy likes this

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

If he can’t shoot his minutes need to be dwindling. Hoisting up shots that aren’t going to go in is only slightly better than a TO.

I don’t think he’s been taking bad shots he just can’t shoot straight right now.

while i wont argue the dwindling minutes i will question why we havent heard efforts to fix the apparent mechanical flaw he has developed?   why isnt the staff reviewing film of jimerson's shot before and since?   and if hey have are they taking steps to slow down his practice routine to fix?   allowing him to keep shooting with addressing it is only reinforcing the bad mechanics he has apparently developed and sitting him at the end of the bench isnt going to fix it.

Jimerson has been horrible. He still opens up the paint and draws defensive attention but we don't capitalize on that either so does it matter? What's crazy is that he is still 3rd on the team in 3 point % of those who have shot at least 10 3's on the season and he's shooting 33%. There is a ton of criticism about our defense and rightly so but our 3 point shooting is horrid. It's tough with shooters because they don't get their shot back by sitting on the bench but he probably needs to see a decent amount of his time cut

4 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

More Hughes and Thames and Parker and less Jimerson

Hughes will have to grow up fast with Fred out. 

Thames, eh. 

Parker - yes, a lot more. 

On 1/5/2023 at 12:02 AM, Billiken Rich said:

Old Joe shows up after a loss like the swallows returning to Capistrano.......

Why bother showing up after a win. We should have won every game this year except Maryland. Every other game lost was a Ford mess. Maybe if we won consistently it would worth celebrating

30 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Why bother showing up after a win. We should have won every game this year except Maryland. Every other game lost was a Ford mess. Maybe if we won consistently it would worth celebrating

Billiken FANS enjoy getting together talking about victories.  Trolls like to pop up and hurl a load of brickbats and vitriol after losses.......

AGB91 and Billikenbooster like this

37 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

If we kept up our performance after a 5 point road loss to Auburn we wouldn't be having any of this discussion now. You are an unfunny troll. Booo.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, slubillikens43 said:

Even with preseason expectations I expected a hiccup or two in conference. SIUE bothers me more. UMASS could end up a Q2 loss if they click a little bit. Fernandes can win them some games.

That game was going to be trouble with no Pickett. They have size. Same issue we are going to have with Dayton. If we aren’t shooting well size is going to hurt us. 

VeniceMenace likes this