2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

On 2/8/2023 at 10:23 AM, CenHudDude said:

Too bad that because of foul trouble he’s not on the floor enough to turn that 68% into about 15 ppg.

If I were Ford I wouldn’t even pay attention to Okoro’s fouls.

I’d play Okoro and Forester like they were one person with 10 fouls. 

Make normal substitutions but for the most part run the hot hand until he fouls out. 

almaman and willie like this

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

I don't see this as a binary solution set...........do nothing vs blow up the building.  It's really easy to scream "BLOW UP THE BUILDING!" into the wind which is what many on this board are doing.  It feels good but it's useless.  To paraphrase the bard:  Many on this board are but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.  You can sit back and be silent, or even mumble your displeasure, and you may not get the attention of those who can actually do something.  Or you can make it known that you’ve had enough and you aren’t spending the same amount until there’s a change.  Dollars combined with public sentiment can influence decisions.  Everyone likes to ask “do you have the money to buy him out”?  Who truly knows if the money is there or not, but even if there isn’t a change because of money, or because people still think the arrow is moving upward…letting your displeasure be known may put pressure on the AD to get it right on the next hire.  

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

I don't see this as a binary solution set...........do nothing vs blow up the building.  It's really easy to scream "BLOW UP THE BUILDING!" into the wind which is what many on this board are doing.  It feels good but it's useless.  To paraphrase the bard:  Many on this board are but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

That’s actually very true. Internet boards like this get the fans who really care about the team on here, but don’t really represent the opinion of all fans. While I’m sure what’s expressed on here is known to the Athletic Dept, it is probably only one of the ways they use to monitor fan opinion.  I’m sure a lot will be discussed by those who have the power to influence the decision about what to do in the future, but I doubt they will be using this forum as the place for that discussion. If anyone wants to be in that room, show Chris May that you are a serious donor with a willingness to spend it on SLU athletics. You will be one member of that group, not the only one. There are alternatives, such as using money that could be used as a buyout for NIL purposes, getting Ford to accept an assistant who knows X’s and O’s (and convince Ford to actually listen to him), plus I’m sure other options.

I’m not saying don’t complain or stop voicing your opinions at all. Keep saying what you want. I can’t defend Ford after looking at what happened in the second half against Dayton, it was an embarrassment to say the least. I think something should be done, but that’s only my opinion. If the decision is made to make a coaching change I’m good with that. But something needs to be done I think.  I am keeping an open mind on exactly what that is personally.

48 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

If I were the good Doc I'd be making some phone calls, but I think he easily ends up at another Power school

I don’t think he will get a power school job for a few years.  It never really mattered if he did it or not.  At most big public universities just the accusation of something like that will make him untouchable for sometime. 

22 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don’t think he will get a power school job for a few years.  It never really mattered if he did it or not.  At most big public universities just the accusation of something like that will make him untouchable for sometime. 

Friendly wager. One year max. 

On 2/14/2023 at 2:11 PM, wgstl said:

Since Jan 31st(4 games) We rank #198th in the nation, this would be good for #10th in the conference.  We we supposed to be T25 this year.  There are still people who do not see a problem here. 

There is a problem here, but let's be real we were never actually top 25. 

19 hours ago, brianstl said:

I only saw a MBM post that WKU was after him. 

WKU has some history and he could win for sure.

brianstl likes this

18 hours ago, brianstl said:

Six years ago and I would have thought he would have got another big state school job right away.  Post MeToo, I don’t think so.

Beard had a reputation for anger management problems well before that incident.  Good programs can find good coaches without baggage.

8 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

There is a problem here, but let's be real we were never actually top 25. 

Even if we level on T50, we're still 150 spots down.  I understand losing Fred sucks, but up till he got injured, still hardly in the T100.  

35 minutes ago, Schasz said:

According to NET Bills are 104 and Duquesne is 109...looks like another close game.

It gets a little worse than that, Over the last 5 games, we rank #164 INT, the dukes are #20th.  Their defensive eff. coming in at #2 INT during that time.  Need this Win badly. 

34 minutes ago, wgstl said:

It gets a little worse than that, Over the last 5 games, we rank #164 INT, the dukes are #20th.  Their defensive eff. coming in at #2 INT during that time.  Need this Win badly. 

It shouldn't be possible to be #20 or #2 in the nation in any category going 4-1 against teams that are .500 or worse in the A10. I'm not saying Duquesne won't be tough. Just that they won't be T25/P6 tough.

7 minutes ago, Compton said:

It shouldn't be possible to be #20 or #2 in the nation in any category going 4-1 against teams that are .500 or worse in the A10. I'm not saying Duquesne won't be tough. Just that they won't be T25/P6 tough.

I get it, but it does take in who you're playing I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-saw on the social feed the offer about 100 tickets at $10 per so looked at overall availability, was pleasantly shocked to see how few seats remain for tomorrow

Loyola’s first ever visit to Chaifetz and it’s a STL-CHI matchup.

1 hour ago, BC1764 said:

Loyola’s first ever visit to Chaifetz and it’s a STL-CHI matchup.

People from Chicago like coming here, attending a sporting event, and drinking

People from Chicago like going to bars, watching sports, and drinking

People from Chicago like staying home and drinking

People from Chicago like drinking….

SIUE gets their first win ever in the OVC Tourney, knocking off S. Indiana, 68-54! 19-13 on the year with a chance to get to 20 against UT-Martin. siuebill approves of this!!

BC1764 likes this