2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

18 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

We have lost one game of the last seven and have a weekend game with a rival with the winner in first place.  This is not a Tuesday night game against LaSalle.  We lost the last game?  There should be no excuses for a weak crowd.

You are leaving a ton of context at here.

We gave away the game at Auburn, got hammered by Iona, lost to Boise at home, got beat by SIUE at home, got spanked by UMass and then lost to Fordham.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

We gave away the game at Auburn, got hammered by Iona, lost to Boise at home, got beat by SIUE at home, got spanked by UMass and then lost to Fordham.

That's not additional context, that's just listing out all of our losses? We were an above-average team fighting for 1st place in the A-10 before the Fordham loss, we're still an above-average team fighting for 1st place in the A-10 following the loss 

Just now, majerus mojo said:

That's not additional context, that's just listing out all of our losses? We were an above-average team fighting for 1st place in the A-10 before the Fordham loss, we're still an above-average team fighting for 1st place in the A-10 following the loss 

You're right this season has not been a disappointment so far.  It is great that it appears the place will be packed tonight, I would just understand if some season ticket holders didn't show up.  It wouldn't be a move the team out of town thing that poster I replied to implied if that happened.

26 minutes ago, brianstl said:

That is all true, but in between we had won six in a row.  Thus 6 out of our last 7.  Let’s go Billikens!  Start another 6 game winning streak.

brianstl likes this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

You're right this season has not been a disappointment so far.  It is great that it appears the place will be packed tonight, I would just understand if some season ticket holders didn't show up.  It wouldn't be a move the team out of town thing that poster I replied to implied if that happened.

Your first sentence - are you responding to something I said? There's going to be a good crowd tonight, in part because of the reasons CenHud stated, i.e., because we're still a good team, it's Friday night, there's a promo, etc. 

You're now moving the goal posts to, "Ok, fine, it looks like it could be packed house, BUT what if some season ticket holders don't show up because we lost games we could have won. I would understand that." 

Who f--- cares? Those people sound like terrible fans if that's their sole reason for skipping the biggest home game of the year. 

gabriel likes this

13 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Your first sentence - are you responding to something I said? There's going to be a good crowd tonight, in part because of the reasons CenHud stated, i.e., because we're still a good team, it's Friday night, there's a promo, etc. 

You're now moving the goal posts to, "Ok, fine, it looks like it could be packed house, BUT what if some season ticket holders don't show up because we lost games we could have won. I would understand that." 

Who f--- cares? Those people sound like terrible fans if that's their sole reason for skipping the biggest home game of the year. 

It’s not this serious 

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

It’s not this serious 

Take a look in the mirror, my guy. Every other post on this board is doom and gloom/Fire Ford/we stink, or whatever the above was — giving imaginary season ticket holders excuses for not attending games. 

It’s college basketball. Look around, teams lose games they are supposed to win every night. The show goes on

21 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

"Ok, fine, it looks like it could be packed house, BUT what if some season ticket holders don't show up because we lost games we could have won. I would understand that." 

I've never understood how a true fan can have anything close to that attitude.  If the team loses a game, we expect the players to come out for the next game with the enthusiasm and optimistic attitude that it takes to win that game.  A true fan has to bring that same mentality to supporting the team.  Yeah, it can be tough after some losses, but anyone who has played the game knows it can be done.  Sure I'm bummed about the last game, but come tip-off that attitude will be long gone.  Each game is a new opportunity to show what the team can do; a new opportunity to win.  Can't wait for tonight's tip-off.

6 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Take a look in the mirror, my guy. Every other post on this board is doom and gloom/Fire Ford/we stink, or whatever the above was — giving imaginary season ticket holders excuses for not attending games. 

It’s college basketball. Look around, teams lose games they are supposed to win every night. The show goes on

Look In the mirror? Because I said I could see the average fan not going bc I’m sure they thought we lost to a typical Fordham like team?

23 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

"Yea, I was going to go to the VCU game, I mean I have season tickets that are all paid for, but I just can't get past that home loss to SIUE" 

You're really underselling how devastating that loss was.

10 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Two things can be true. 1, that the team has underperformed and lost some they shouldn’t have. 2, they can still win the conference and be really fun. 

Really looking forward to seeing the packed house. Hopefully the first of a few down the stretch. Roll Bills, crush VCU! 

14 minutes ago, BC1764 said:

You're really underselling how devastating that loss was.

Please.  I prefer we follow the lead of SLU great and current SLUH Coach Erwin Claggett on the matter, one loss does not a season make.  Period.

Enough of the negativism.  Negativism breeds more negativism.  Look at the half of the glass that's full, not empty.

We have a good team that is playing for First Place tonight on National TV.  Enjoy.

Billikenbooster likes this

22 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Look In the mirror? Because I said I could see the average fan not going bc I’m sure they thought we lost to a typical Fordham like team?

Sorry, probably shouldn't have directed at you specifically. I was triggered seeing the "it's not that serious" deployed at me given every loss preludes a nuclear meltdown around here 

Next time, please use this: 

image.png.e52e26aff022331828f5ce9f0713dad4.png

22 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Two things can be true. 1, that the team has underperformed and lost some they shouldn’t have. 2, they can still win the conference and be really fun. 

Really looking forward to seeing the packed house. Hopefully the first of a few down the stretch. Roll Bills, crush VCU! 

I agree with both of these? 

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Sorry, probably shouldn't have directed at you specifically. I was triggered seeing the "it's not that serious" deployed at me given every loss preludes a nuclear meltdown around here 

Next time, please use this: 

image.png.e52e26aff022331828f5ce9f0713dad4.png

I agree with both of these? 

I just meant it’s not that serious as in to give this topic a long explanation or statement. I can see why some may not go, doesn’t mean I’m not going with as many as I could recruit