2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

1 minute ago, Crewsorlose said:

5-1 start will do that for you, esp. with a 3-1 performance on the road. 

I have us at 12 wins. I still think a road stinker or two is in the cards. If we can split the 4 games with VCU and Dayton, probably 12 or 13. 3-1 makes a 1 seed possible. 14-4 may get us there.

Gotta exercise those road demons @ Davidson and Richmond. So glad McKillop is gone. 

Friday's game will make things very clear. We win that, I'm going with 15-3, lose, I'm going with 12-6.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Friday's game will make things very clear. We win that, I'm going with 15-3, lose, I'm going with 12-6.  

I have SLU going 4-1 in the next 5. The toughest games are VCU and @ Davidson. They have 5 days prep for Davidson and it's on national TV so I hope they bring their A game. 

9 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I looked at tickets for VCU and there are 12 sections with over 100 tickets and 1,110 tickets in other sections

-there are a bunch of $50 upper level center and $20 upper level ends available

-win Friday and let's see what happens to these numbers

I've talked with so many people about this. The cost of season tickets in my opinion is very reasonable.  The cost of individual game tickets are way too high. 

Get butts in the seats and let them spend their money on concessions and maybe you hook them on games going forward. 

brianstl likes this

4 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

I've talked with so many people about this. The cost of season tickets in my opinion is very reasonable.  The cost of individual game tickets are way too high. 

Get butts in the seats and let them spend their money on concessions and maybe you hook them on games going forward. 

Beat Davidson and we should see a good crowd.... beat Davidson AND Fordham we should see a great crowd.  

My guess, we finally beat the BELK curse, look great while doing it too, drop 55 points in a Loss to Fordham next game.

1 hour ago, crymdg2 said:

$50 is nuts.

5 hours ago, wgstl said:

Beat Davidson and we should see a good crowd.... beat Davidson AND Fordham we should see a great crowd.  

My guess, we finally beat the BELK curse, look great while doing it too, drop 55 points in a Loss to Fordham next game.

I think we’re just as likely to go 0-2 as we are 2-0.  We likely split.

We are playing well though and momentum is a huge thing in CBB.  Coming home to protect Fetz against VCU sitting at 8-1 in the conference would be a big deal for national spotlight and what remains of our at-large chances 

7 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

Don’t have season tickets. Want season tickets. But with 4 kids, 3 of which are under 5, not a chance I’d make it to even half of the home games. I could buy cheap season tickets and just eat the tickets to the games I don’t attend (probably making one or two futile attempts to give them away first) but it’s still throwing money down the drain and then for the games I can attend, I’d be stuck with crappy seats. No there aren’t really Any bad seats in the house but I’d prefer to be closer to the action when attending.

Curious how many people are in the same boat I’m in. Probably not enough to make a difference in the game day atmosphere lol.

Long story long, I too would like cheaper individual game tickets. 

7 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Don’t have season tickets. Want season tickets. But with 4 kids, 3 of which are under 5, not a chance I’d make it to even half of the home games. I could buy cheap season tickets and just eat the tickets to the games I don’t attend (probably making one or two futile attempts to give them away first) but it’s still throwing money down the drain and then for the games I can attend, I’d be stuck with crappy seats. No there aren’t really Any bad seats in the house but I’d prefer to be closer to the action when attending.

Curious how many people are in the same boat I’m in. Probably not enough to make a difference in the game day atmosphere lol. 

When I lived in St. Louis I split season tickets with a friend.  Half the cost, half the games to attend in person.

3 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-thanks, he had good things to say about us and some interesting/informed takes on the league

I listen to these also.  Interview was with former UMass coach Matt McCall.

"SLU fouls too much and gives up too many three's."  Can't argue with that. 

Interesting comments on Davidson at the end.

"Great environments at SLU, VCU and Dayton.  4 point advantage."

St B and Richmond in McCall's 2nd tier.  St. B got screwed at RI with a bad call.

Duquesne has only one game left with a Tier A team (SLU) so look out for them.

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

They had a promotion at the beginning of the year to get a season ticket for $99. Granted, it wouldn't have been in the same spot as my 2, but I strongly considered it to be able to bring my son to games when he didn't have practice or school early the next morning. 

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I've had season tickets since 2018 I think. My kids' YOBs are '12, '15, and '17. If you carry a kid in, they don't charge you. We're in Section 210. $300 total for 3 season tickets. Very much worth it. We go to about 70% of home games. 

Bills hit a trifecta of sorts tonight as Boise defeats Fresno 63-53, SIUC beats Murray 67-63, and Drake hits a last-second three to nip Indiana State 70-68. 

4 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Obviously makes a difference if you’re toting those kids with you, but if not, is it difficult to buy cheap tickets and then find empty seats in the lower bowl?  

11 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I have 3 kids, 12, 9 and 5 and sit in 108.  We try to make it to every game we can as a family and if not I will take 1 of my boys and some of their friends.  If I can't use them I usually donate them to my kids school or try to give them away.  108 is more than I would like to spend given our schedule but have been there since the Fetz opened and now can't leave.  The one disclaimer is that I was given a fairly good scholarship so I tell my wife this is how I can pay some back.  

JMM28 likes this

8 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Obviously makes a difference if you’re toting those kids with you, but if not, is it difficult to buy cheap tickets and then find empty seats in the lower bowl?  

Billiken fans are so frustratingly late arriving---two games ago a couple next to us showed up after halftime--that it can be awkward.  If you don't mind a bit of awkward, go for it......

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

No judgement from me, but I can't fathom *choosing* to not attend a home game.

No judgement but I can attest that you don't miss any...thus my kids have a more diverse vocabulary.