2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Cowboy II said:

-could be Holiday fog driven, under CFord I can recall games we lost where we had late double digit leads are there games we won when we were down late by double digits? I am not recalling off the top

Providence comes to mind.  Think we were down 15 or so.

Also Drake we were down 8 with 8 to go if I remember correctly.

I am posting this to have it on the board to look back on to see how things change over the next 2+ months. Here are the current NET rankings for the Atlantic 10 heading into conference play:

#82 Dayton, #103 Saint Louis, #106 George Mason, #113 Massachusetts, #117 Fordham, #122 VCU, #130 Duquesne, #146 Richmond, #168 Davidson, #203 St. Bonaventure, #231 Loyola Chicago, #238 George Washington, #263 Saint Joseph's, #271 Rhode Island, and #310 La Salle.

12 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I am posting this to have it on the board to look back on to see how things change over the next 2+ months. Here are the current NET rankings for the Atlantic 10 heading into conference play:

#82 Dayton, #103 Saint Louis, #106 George Mason, #113 Massachusetts, #117 Fordham, #122 VCU, #130 Duquesne, #146 Richmond, #168 Davidson, #203 St. Bonaventure, #231 Loyola Chicago, #238 George Washington, #263 Saint Joseph's, #271 Rhode Island, and #310 La Salle.

Atlantic 10 went 0-17 collectively in Q1 in NC.  Conference is way worse than I thought 

31 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

Can we climb into the high 40s NET for a possible at large bid?

No idea where to find historical NET data on a game by game basis.  I'd be interesting to see where our NET was after the loss at UMass on 2/18/2020 & how far we climbed.  After that game we started playing really well & beating everyone by double digits...of course we never got a chance to see how far it would go with the A10 tournament being cancelled.

We "only" jumped 27 spots in KenPom ratings:

L @ UMass 63-67 - #89

W vs VCU 80-62 - #85

W vs St Joes 76-63 - #83

W @ Rhody 72-62 - #76

W @ Mason 69-57 - #70

W vs Bona 72-49 - #62

We can go up a lot, but a lot is due to how far out we are, maybe as high at 40 spots, but that doesn’t put us in the at large picture. 

again, winning is one thing, winning by a lot is what we have to do so climb more, faster. 

4 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Mizzou taking it to Kentucky.  Somehow Missouri’s best defense is leaving the other team wide open for threes… ILL and Kentucky combined have to be like 7%. 

wish we could get some of that luck. 

Kentucky is now 2-12 and most open looks.

If they start hitting any Mizzou is in trouble.

18 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Kentucky is now 2-12 and most open looks.

If they start hitting any Mizzou is in trouble.

They don’t seem to be in trouble…. 

I actively dislike Mizzou basketball but they’re playing fast, exciting basketball.  Well coached, 100% effort every play.  

gonna be very frustrating to see our self-anointed “deepest team ever” sitting at home while we see Mizzou players cheering their at large selection. 

8 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

They don’t seem to be in trouble…. 

I actively dislike Mizzou basketball but they’re playing fast, exciting basketball.  Well coached, 100% effort every play.  

gonna be very frustrating to see our self-anointed “deepest team ever” sitting at home while we see Mizzou players cheering their at large selection. 

They haven’t started hitting threes. The 12th best 3 point shooting team in the country is 2-12. Missing open shots too. 

Mizzou is a team loaded with upperclassmen who have bought into the coaches system. They are going to be a tough game for most teams.